Default Learn from others mistakes not your own... "Penta Menlyn"

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself. Eleanor Roosevelt

So it came to my attention that Penta might have screwed up again, or is it just plain ignorance! (100 000km service)
    in fact Jeep Centurion as well (80 000km service)...

"I know about the Rubicon which they uhmmm ja, but gave them the benefit of the doubt"

With the lovely heat we've been seeing these days the a/c has been started full throttle again.
    Well apparently not my wk2, nope its running at 50% on full blast!

Took out the cabin filter and it seems like it hasn't been replaced since forever, took it out closed the cap all seems to be back to normal again.

Called penta, asking what do they service at 100 000km, apparently they do change the a/c filter...
    Well mine has been clogged so bad at 5k km that the air was halved...
    Was it changed or not?
    Service advisor just kept on saying when would I like to book it in..

O yes another thing grinding my [email protected]$ after a visit to penta the jeep started with heat issues...
    Luckily Bulli sorted that out sommer quick quick, was a rad cap but did penta switch it out with a faulty cap or not, I can only speculate...

Only reason why I took it to a dealership was because of the 100k km motorplan...

My answer for the "Service Advisor" was #%^&**&% 56&&*&$# never ever!

So this brings up the age old question.

How reliable is a "full franchise service history" and would you rather trust the owner who meticulously serviced the vehicle himself, with all the slips to prove purchase of items?
    2012 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2.8 Unlimited
    2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 Overland

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HansieK For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Learn from others mistakes not your own... "Penta Menlyn"

I know these filter do get filthy, but not this filthy after 5000km.

Pics otherwise it didn't happen...

Yes its just a cabin filter, but what if it was not throughing oil back into the vehicle or for that matter not doing an oil change all together....

Well I thought you should know.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210222_171918.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	390.4 KB 
ID:	607156   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210222_171849.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	346.8 KB 
ID:	607157  
    2012 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2.8 Unlimited
    2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 Overland

Default Re: Learn from others mistakes not your own... "Penta Menlyn"

My CR-V was starting to struggle a bit on hills and stuff for me, and I figured it was my imagination. Took it in for a service after a while and the Oom called me. "When last was the car serviced". I said I skipped the last one, but it's probably around 4,000km overdue, so about 19,000km ago. He said "well it looks like the air filter hasn't been changed in 40,000km". He showed me. Clogged to ####. He replaced the filter and car is running better from the first start after that.

Dealers aren't called stealers for nothing. I swear half the stuff they should change, they never do.