Magotho

Thread: Magotho

Default Magotho

When we were at Magotho Community Camp in 2019 we saw some structures being erected. Is it perhaps some type of ablution? If so, what facilities can we expect to find inside it when we visit in April
    Last edited by AndreTunie; 2021/02/20 at 09:31 AM.
    Fortuner 3.0 D-4D 4x4 aka "Skillie"

Previous : Defender 2006 TDI aka "Slakkie"

Default Re: Magotho

Magotho had ablutions since December 2018. They are shared ablutions like most campsites are, but the water is cold. If possible I would still bring my shower.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PAT n WOLF For This Useful Post:

When we were there in June 2019 they were not usable. Not sure anything has changed. We're hopefully back this June, like everyone we have to cancel 2020, we will make sure we have enough water for our stay.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Gungets Tuft For This Useful Post:

I have heard that staff have set up a permanent camp site where they stay which is quite close to Magotho 1. A friend of mine who visited last year said it is now terrible as you constantly hear them making a noise and it has ruined the best sites in the area. I haven't been there myself, but would love to hear if anyone else has more info?
    2017 Fortuner 2.8 GD6 4x4 Auto

Quote Originally Posted by Donlux View Post
    I have heard that staff have set up a permanent camp site where they stay which is quite close to Magotho 1. A friend of mine who visited last year said it is now terrible as you constantly hear them making a noise and it has ruined the best sites in the area. I haven't been there myself, but would love to hear if anyone else has more info?
    This are staff members who drink and misbehave. Thats true and they even stayed late up to 2300 playing car radios. We have since sent complaints to the Concession management in Maun.
    The purpose of the permanent camp was to help with late arrivals, clear the camp and clean ablutions. If you stay there and there is noise, dont hesitate to confront them, if they dont stop, visit their offices in the village, just on your left as you leave North Gate

Cool Re: Magotho

Quote Originally Posted by PAT n WOLF View Post
    This are staff members who drink and misbehave. Thats true and they even stayed late up to 2300 playing car radios. We have since sent complaints to the Concession management in Maun.
    The purpose of the permanent camp was to help with late arrivals, clear the camp and clean ablutions. If you stay there and there is noise, dont hesitate to confront them, if they dont stop, visit their offices in the village, just on your left as you leave North Gate
    This will definitely not be on. We go to Magotho for the tranquility that this area in the past provided and at a tariff of P350 pppn one should expect just that! Depending on open borders with SA, we will be there for 5 days in April 2021. Maybe one should as a preventative measure complaint to the Khwai Community Trust office before hand.

Quote Originally Posted by PAT n WOLF View Post
    I have sent the Khwai Development Trust an email regarding this. Will see what, if any, feedback I get

10. The Following User Says Thank You to AndreTunie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AndreTunie View Post
    I have sent the Khwai Development Trust an email regarding this. Will see what, if any, feedback I get
    Thank you. We also have a booking for 5 days which has been rolled since last year due to Covid. I hope this problem does go away. Look forward to hopefully positive feedback from you once you get a reply.
    2017 Fortuner 2.8 GD6 4x4 Auto

As promised, I have sent an email to the Khwai Development Trust. See below the reply received. Hopefully they will do regular follow-ups.

[email protected]
    09:00 (7 hours ago)
    to me

Good morning

Thank you so much for let us know on time we will deal with the problem and keep an eye on those people, sorry for that we are appreciate

Kind regards

By bob