Thread: Haval H9

Default Haval H9

According to the search bar, it has been a couple of years since this car has been mentioned.
    I am seriously considering one and I cannot see anything negative about it locally or internationally.

Has anyone here got any experience with it, now that it has been around a few years now?
    Haval H9 2.0T AWD
    Ex 2019 Ranger DC XLT Manual 4x4
    Ex 2017 Ranger DC XL Auto 4x4

Default Re: Haval H9

I think very few people bought it for the following 2 reasons, so very little info on them.

1) Small engine for that size body.
    2) I think the launch price was too much, people would rather opt for a demo model better known model.
    2011 Freelander 2 SE
    Swambo : 2012 BMW 530d Msport("the beast")

They are also heavy on fuel. A lot of people get drawn in by the "features", but these vehicles are unproven, trade value is also garbage.

EDIT: Priced from R660K, good grief you can get a Fortuner, M-UX, Pajero Sport for that money.
    Last edited by Hennie84; 2021/02/16 at 10:10 AM.

Just for future searches, I did end up getting a 2020 Demo for a good price and I am very happy.

A quick few points for anyone curious:
    It has a good ride and many little features that I didnt even know about. Speed is decent but I must get used to the turbo lag coming from a 3.2 Diesel and plan pull offs better from a stand still.

Have done Hennops, Kungwini and De Wildt (crawled up Gerts se Klip) without any issue and I do not use the diff lock as the TC is just fine. The non-removal side steps do take more thought into a line than I am used to though and they will be scuffed up soon. There is a thick metal bar on the inside preventing them from bending easily at least.
    Fuel is around 14L / 100km for town driving dropping off the kid etc, but I keep it in sport mode. Last long trip was 10.5L / 100km fully loaded 125 cruise with AC. 3rd row seats have surprising leg room but I dont think a tall adult from JHB to CT would enjoy it too much but fine for a day in Pilansberg.

A few electronic gremlins like the keyless entry will not work if the key is next to my phone in my pocket so I must keep them separate. Also there is a voice telling you to select parking mode everytime I select reverse which is a bit annoying and cant be disabled.
    It looks super nice at night with all round mood lighting in blue/red/yellow, lit up side steps, lit up Haval logos on the doors and even a little Haval puddle light.

SA version does differ from Aus version for example so it is tricky to find out what is standard in this country, but Haval customer support does reply very quickly with answers.
    Haval H9 2.0T AWD

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PsyPhin For This Useful Post:

Had a look at them today, mostly out of curiosity.
    Do they have a place to store the luggage cover, or do you have to leave it at home?
    Tyrannosaurus R5 (sold, but still missing it) and a second hand British Tata and now a small German SUV with working indicators.

"I often wonder what it must be like to be so strong, infallible, articulate, self-content .... and wrong."
    - Pam Ayres

Quote Originally Posted by JanB View Post
    Had a look at them today, mostly out of curiosity.
    Do they have a place to store the luggage cover, or do you have to leave it at home?
    I don't know of anywhere it should be stored. Mine stays out because of the kids pram so it's always in the way for me. I guess it can lie in the boot diagonally.
    Haval H9 2.0T AWD

Thanks, I'll let the sales lady know.
    ( = subtle hint that she had no clue.)
    Tyrannosaurus R5 (sold, but still missing it) and a second hand British Tata and now a small German SUV with working indicators.

"I often wonder what it must be like to be so strong, infallible, articulate, self-content .... and wrong."
    - Pam Ayres

Quote Originally Posted by Hennie84 View Post
    They are also heavy on fuel. A lot of people get drawn in by the "features", but these vehicles are unproven, trade value is also garbage.

EDIT: Priced from R660K, good grief you can get a Fortuner, M-UX, Pajero Sport for that money.
    Looks like the H9 is closer to the LC200 in size than a Fortuner.
    2012 FJ Cruiser
    1983 FJ60 Landcruiser

Another update, had a long drive to Alldays @10.5L/100km car half loaded with aircon. Probably the best I am going to get.
    Car was very smooth on the farm roads. Also played in the sand at a dried up river. Was lazy to deflate and could feel the car had to work hard to get through but never got stuck.

Had adults in the 3rd row for about 4 hours with no complaints, apparently it was comfortable the whole way. There are cupholders and air vents for them. Maybe longer would be pushing it. It is a bit awkward getting in and out but kids wont have an issue.

This is me, I am 180cm. middle seat in this photo is quite far forward so if there was a tall person there, the middle row would have to move back a bit. I cant move the middle seat back once in the 3rd row. There is a lever which collapses the row and moves it forward at the same time. 3rd Row are electronic.
    Name:  WhatsApp Image 2021-04-23 at 14.38.02.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  58.8 KB
    Haval H9 2.0T AWD

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PsyPhin For This Useful Post:

The H 9 is coming out in Diesel soon. 120 kw 400 NM 8 speed ZF 2.0L TD is expected

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bostokkelos For This Useful Post:

Hi Bostokkelos

Have you got a link to an article stating this, or is it from the dealer? This would be a great addition to the range - that engine belies its figures in the P Series.

Thanks
    Marcus Erlank

2006 Jeep Cherokee 3.7 65th Anniversary Edition