Default LED lights for Fortuner GD-6

I have a new Fortuner GD-6 EPIC which has LED headlights.
    For some or other reason Toyota decided to use normal incandescent bulbs for the rest of the lights - cabin lighting, indicators, brake lights etc.
    I want to replace all the incandescent lamps with led lamps.

Does anyone know where these lamps are available from?
    Maybe there's a complete kit available with all the required bulbs.

Thanks.
    Last edited by PRA; 2021/02/06 at 02:20 PM.
    If you make a noise or need music in the bush or on the beach, youíre missing the point.

Default Re: LED lights for Fortuner GD-6

No sure but you can try Bremo. They do all sorts of vehicles electrical stuff.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Wylie E For This Useful Post:

PRA

I have the 2017 2.4 fortuner I did xenon kit on the headlights and fogs, all interior and number plate lights led since new. No problems. Did it at Jabsport on Durban.

Quote Originally Posted by PRA View Post
    I have a new Fortuner GD-6 EPIC which has LED headlights.
    For some or other reason Toyota decided to use normal incandescent bulbs for the rest of the lights - cabin lighting, indicators, brake lights etc.
    I want to replace all the incandescent lamps with led lamps.

Does anyone know where these lamps are available from?
    Maybe there's a complete kit available with all the required bulbs.

Thanks.
    Staalborsel vir die krap waar dit nie juk nie

Quote Originally Posted by Mister4 View Post
    Staalborsel vir die krap waar dit nie juk nie
    Nie so nie.
    The internal courtesy lights are so yellow and dim that they almost useless - the must be replaced.
    So while I'm about it I'll do them all.
    No globes to change in the future and no fines from over-enthusiastic cops.
    If you make a noise or need music in the bush or on the beach, youíre missing the point.

So I had the same issue on my 2.4.

Went to 4x4direct one Saturday, purchased and replaced all interior rubbish lights with LED lights (R380).

Boot and passenger lights replaced with 2x of these. Lekker bright - https://4x4direct.co.za/in-cab-light...ht-48-led.html See pic attached of difference.

Interior headlights replaced with 2x of these as they are bright but not to bright so that they will blind you - https://4x4direct.co.za/car-replacem...th-13-led.html See attached 2nd photo but this pic doesn't do it justice.

I then went ahead and replaced my main and bright and even reverse bulbs as the standard ones were even worse than the interior ones. Costed me about R1600 from a local Automotive parts dealer.

Rather happy now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	102 
Size:	509.1 KB 
ID:	605204   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture2.PNG 
Views:	95 
Size:	826.3 KB 
ID:	605205  
    Last edited by pase4x4; 2021/02/07 at 11:32 AM.
    To Operate Your Own Terrific Automobile AKA TOYOTA

8. The Following User Says Thank You to pase4x4 For This Useful Post:

PRA

Thumbs up Re: LED lights for Fortuner GD-6

Quote Originally Posted by pase4x4 View Post

Went to 4x4direct one Saturday, purchased and replaced all interior rubbish lights with LED lights (R380).

Boot and passenger lights replaced with 2x of these. Lekker bright - https://4x4direct.co.za/in-cab-light...ht-48-led.html See pic attached of difference.

Interior headlights replaced with 2x of these as they are bright but not to bright so that they will blind you - https://4x4direct.co.za/car-replacem...th-13-led.html See attached 2nd photo but this pic doesn't do it justice.

I then went ahead and replaced my main and bright and even reverse bulbs as the standard ones were even worse than the interior ones. Costed me about R1600 from a local Automotive parts dealer.

Rather happy now.
    Ooooh, thanks for the website.

Quote Originally Posted by supersunbird View Post
    Ooooh, thanks for the website.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by pase4x4 View Post

Rather happy now.
    Hey man, thanks for the links.

I'm thinking of doing the same - what's the process like to install? A simple swap, or some wiring involved? The link for the T10 seems to be for park lights - is this what you used for the interior "reading" lights?

Thanks

I always replace the interior lights with LEDs. No comparison. And it is not very expensive.

The easiest is to first remove the lights (bulbs) and take it with as samples. First time I bought the wrong ones for my current Hilux.
    Groot berge en lang grondpaaie

Quote Originally Posted by LukeHawk View Post
    Hey man, thanks for the links.

I'm thinking of doing the same - what's the process like to install? A simple swap, or some wiring involved? The link for the T10 seems to be for park lights - is this what you used for the interior "reading" lights?

Thanks
    Took me a whole of 10min to replace all. Clip open the cover, remove the old original light, pop in new one and fit cover back.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to pase4x4 For This Useful Post:

If your local China Town has a car accessories store, they should stock compatible interior lights. I had mine done with bulbs costing about R300 and gave the guy R100 to install within 20 minutes.

Anybody done an LED replacement for the two fog lights and for the reverse bulbs?

If so, what bulbs are they, and can one just swap the bulb straight with an LED one, or is there some kind of other process involved? I know some cars give errors when swapping standard halogens with LED's.

I donít think you donít want LED for fog lights. The light will reflect off the fog.

Anybody done an LED replacement for the two fog lights and for the reverse bulbs?

If so, what bulbs are they, and can one just swap the bulb straight with an LED one, or is there some kind of other process involved? I know some cars give errors when swapping standard halogens with LED's.
    2015 Prado VX 3.0 D4D
    2012 FJ Cruiser 4.0 V6 (SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by montanaZA View Post
    I donít think you donít want LED for fog lights. The light will reflect off the fog.
    Really? The standard yellow halogens seem so dim

Really? The standard yellow halogens seem so dim
    From this forum:

https://www.autopia.org/forums/car-m...s-halogen.html

The following comment:
    "A lot of these aftermarket LED solutions bother me. The optics of those lights were not designed to accomodate a light source as bright as an LED nor a light source emmiting from a different place in the housing. This creates a lot of glare for other drivers.

I think they also missed the point of fog lights. They aren`t supposed to be driving lights (big difference) and having a bulb which puts out light in a temperature on the yellow side of the spectrum actually cuts through fog rain better than something more towards the blue end of the spectrum. It doesn`t help that most cars these days don`t have the lamps aligned properly to function as actual fog lights and simply become cosmetic."

I have reverted back to normal lights(bulps) on my everest for above reason on the fogs, the colour and brightness of leds in foglight position just causes a wall of light in fog conditions.
    Neil

Quote Originally Posted by neoT View Post
    From this forum:

https://www.autopia.org/forums/car-m...s-halogen.html

The following comment:
    "A lot of these aftermarket LED solutions bother me. The optics of those lights were not designed to accommodate a light source as bright as an LED nor a light source emmiting from a different place in the housing. This creates a lot of glare for other drivers.

I think they also missed the point of fog lights. They aren`t supposed to be driving lights (big difference) and having a bulb which puts out light in a temperature on the yellow side of the spectrum actually cuts through fog rain better than something more towards the blue end of the spectrum. It doesn`t help that most cars these days don`t have the lamps aligned properly to function as actual fog lights and simply become cosmetic."

I have reverted back to normal lights(bulps) on my everest for above reason on the fogs, the colour and brightness of leds in foglight position just causes a wall of light in fog conditions.
    OK thanks, that makes sense. I havent experienced too much fog on my side to really tell yet, but I'll stick with the stock ones.

The reverse lights on the other hand.. very poor. But I'm not sure what bulb to get for those. I think T15's but I cant seem to find any sources to make sure. I'll probably have to open up the housing to check.

Have a look at this guy's LED light replacement. https://youtu.be/QGSwoOokQXk
    2018 Prado VX-L
    2013 Disco 4 SDV6SE (Sold)