Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,461
    Thanked: 971

    Default A new Ford fan...they trust us.

    Ford must know something we donít. Suddenly Iím a huge fan:

    https://www.whichcar.com.au/car-news...m4FzuyeUDt3d6Q

    Zapiture,
    Discovery 4 Facelift 2015
    Defender D90 2.8 2003
    Conqueror Commander 2014

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Magaliesig
    Age
    62
    Posts
    396
    Thanked: 639

    Default Re: A new Ford fan...they trust us.

    I'm HUGELY pleased about the investment into SA's economy, but if this article's "sneak "preview" https://www.whichcar.com.au/news/sec...-amarok-teased of what the new "Ama-Ford" might look like, then I am SO glad I have the model that I do (2018). This just looks like a rebadged Ford, and not a collaboration...

    It reinforces my plans to keep my current vehicle until I'm too old to change a wheel.

    My personal opinion is Amarok will lose many a sale. What a shame, as I love my 'rok.
    Last edited by Ama-newbie; 2021/02/04 at 04:57 AM.
    Rob Kirk

    Amarok V6.
    Sym 200 scooter 2 x 1, CVT transmission, 4V OHC, 11.4 kW, 15NM
    0-60km/h in about 10s (downhill), Top speed - 100km/h (on a steeper downhill)
    Ground clearance : 125mm on 16-inch rims
    Tare : 134kg, GVM : 250kg (approx), GCM : 250kg (approx), Towing capacity : 0kg
    Best of all : 4L/100km, town driving and pinning it...

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ama-newbie For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,461
    Thanked: 971

    Default Re: A new Ford fan...they trust us.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ama-newbie View Post
    I'm HUGELY pleased about the investment into SA's economy, but if this article's "sneak "preview" https://www.whichcar.com.au/news/sec...-amarok-teased of what the new "Ama-Ford" might look like, then I am SO glad I have the model that I do (2018). This just looks like a rebadged Ford, and not a collaboration...

    It reinforces my plans to keep my current vehicle until I'm too old to change a wheel.

    My personal opinion is Amarok will lose many a sale. What a shame, as I love my 'rok.
    I hear you. Perhaps we need a shot of fascism ala VW Beatle and build national pride that Ford is made here. That our labours are going to over a 100 countries. What a boost especially now.

    I havenít had a Ford in 20 years. Just for this Iíd give them a huge nod.

    Zapiture,
    Discovery 4 Facelift 2015
    Defender D90 2.8 2003
    Conqueror Commander 2014

  5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zapiture For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ballito
    Age
    41
    Posts
    705
    Thanked: 411

    Default Re: A new Ford fan...they trust us.

    On a related note, there's a new factory going up near me that has the contract to produce the wiring harnesses for these new Fords. Their existing factory does the Hilux harnesses.

    I can't remember the exact number, but the existing factory employs something like 1500 people and the new factory is going to add around 1000 new jobs.

    ZS5CMA
    ******
    His: '17 Hilux GD-6 4x4 A/T ~115000km
    Hers: '19 Mitsu Eclipse Cross ~ 15000km
    Semi-retired: '12 Polo BlueMotion ~350000km
    Burned to a crisp: '05 WJ 2.7CRD
    https://www.instagram.com/fstopza/

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cainslie For This Useful Post:


  8. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,461
    Thanked: 971

    Default Re: A new Ford fan...they trust us.

    Quote Originally Posted by cainslie View Post
    On a related note, there's a new factory going up near me that has the contract to produce the wiring harnesses for these new Fords. Their existing factory does the Hilux harnesses.

    I can't remember the exact number, but the existing factory employs something like 1500 people and the new factory is going to add around 1000 new jobs.
    Silverton? Geez that IS good news.

    Just reminds me of the huge contract we got in early 2000 with TAC producing side impact beams and the massive knock on effect it had up the value chain.

    2000 new jobs at Ford times ten I guess. Maybe more. Yes I fully understand we are treading water but at the very least there is this one glimmer of hope.

    Zapiture,
    Discovery 4 Facelift 2015
    Defender D90 2.8 2003
    Conqueror Commander 2014

  9. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ballito
    Age
    41
    Posts
    705
    Thanked: 411

    Default Re: A new Ford fan...they trust us.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zapiture View Post
    Silverton? Geez that IS good news.

    Just reminds me of the huge contract we got in early 2000 with TAC producing side impact beams and the massive knock on effect it had up the value chain.

    2000 new jobs at Ford times ten I guess. Maybe more. Yes I fully understand we are treading water but at the very least there is this one glimmer of hope.
    The factory is in KwaDukuza.

    ZS5CMA
    ******
    His: '17 Hilux GD-6 4x4 A/T ~115000km
    Hers: '19 Mitsu Eclipse Cross ~ 15000km
    Semi-retired: '12 Polo BlueMotion ~350000km
    Burned to a crisp: '05 WJ 2.7CRD
    https://www.instagram.com/fstopza/

  10. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Midrand
    Posts
    694
    Thanked: 1830

    Default Re: A new Ford fan...they trust us.

    And energy independent - also a good investment considering Eskom.

  11. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,461
    Thanked: 971

    Default Re: A new Ford fan...they trust us.

    Quote Originally Posted by heyyahhey View Post
    And energy independent - also a good investment considering Eskom.
    Carbon neutral also. Thatís amazing.

    Zapiture,
    Discovery 4 Facelift 2015
    Defender D90 2.8 2003
    Conqueror Commander 2014

  12. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Oasis
    Posts
    643
    Thanked: 2830

    Default Re: A new Ford fan...they trust us.

    This is good news for SA.

    I just hope the Labour Unions realise that too.
    Cheers
    Willem Greyling

    "When the wise man points at the moon, the imbecile examines the finger" - Confucius

  13. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Midrand
    Posts
    694
    Thanked: 1830

    Default Re: A new Ford fan...they trust us.

    Quote Originally Posted by MANDREAS View Post
    This is good news for SA.

    I just hope the Labour Unions realise that too.

    Why am I skeptical...

  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to heyyahhey For This Useful Post:


  15. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    65
    Posts
    4,399
    Thanked: 365

    Default Re: A new Ford fan...they trust us.

    For what it's worth, I understand that Ford SA might also produce the new Bronco sometime in the future,

    but it will not be available to the local market. All Broncos will be exported.
    "If you don't care where you are, you ain't lost"

  16. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,461
    Thanked: 971

    Default Re: A new Ford fan...they trust us.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spook View Post
    For what it's worth, I understand that Ford SA might also produce the new Bronco sometime in the future,

    but it will not be available to the local market. All Broncos will be exported.
    Why would that be? Just would not make sense.

    Zapiture,
    Discovery 4 Facelift 2015
    Defender D90 2.8 2003
    Conqueror Commander 2014

  17. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    65
    Posts
    4,399
    Thanked: 365

    Default Re: A new Ford fan...they trust us.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zapiture View Post
    Why would that be? Just would not make sense.
    Beats me too, but as I said - that's what I heard. True/false, I don't know
    "If you don't care where you are, you ain't lost"

  18. #14
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Jhb North
    Age
    41
    Posts
    136
    Thanked: 89

    Default Re: A new Ford fan...they trust us.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zapiture View Post
    Why would that be? Just would not make sense.
    Maybe they will only be made as LHD for LHD markets?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •