Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Willems Rus new owners.

Hi all
    I see on the Willems Rus website they have new owners. Last time I was there, actually last year this time the place was in the market and we actually jokingly planned to buy it the entire weekend.

Anybody been there recently, did things change with the new owners for better or worse?
    "The problems we have today is because the guys who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." - Magnus Heystek

Default Re: Willems Rus new owners.

Hi

The new owners are ontop of things. They respond right away when you try and book and spent some money to do some upgrades. We were there in November. Everything perfect except one thing. Before no music was allowed. Now music is allowed and we unfortunately had a large group playing loud music all night. I never complained about it and going again in Feb. hopefully someone complained and they stopped allowing this. Anyway one of my favorite camps in near pretoria
    2020 Toyota Landcruiser 200 GX-R
    2018 Range rover sport
    2017 BMW M4

Quote Originally Posted by pieter_fourie View Post
    Hi

The new owners are ontop of things. They respond right away when you try and book and spent some money to do some upgrades. We were there in November. Everything perfect except one thing. Before no music was allowed. Now music is allowed and we unfortunately had a large group playing loud music all night. I never complained about it and going again in Feb. hopefully someone complained and they stopped allowing this. Anyway one of my favorite camps in near pretoria
    That to me is a deal breaker. I've been there under the previous ownership, but if this music thing remains, I will certainly not go back.
    Land Rover Defender Puma

Previous ride: Defender 90 tD5

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ellie2 For This Useful Post:

Please raise it with the new owners - they cannot change if you dont make them aware.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rustie For This Useful Post:

Hi

Did they actually change the rules now to allow music or was this simply people who didn't follow the rules?

Ja with the previous owners it was always a bit of a mission to get hold of the tannie by phone and she also wasn't very fast with emails, but she was always super kind and accommodating.
    "The problems we have today is because the guys who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." - Magnus Heystek

Quote Originally Posted by Rustie View Post
    Please raise it with the new owners - they cannot change if you dont make them aware.
    Agree 100%. I will take it up with them an should’ve done so in November
    2018 Range rover sport
    2017 BMW M4

9. The Following User Says Thank You to pieter_fourie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie2 View Post
    That to me is a deal breaker. I've been there under the previous ownership, but if this music thing remains, I will certainly not go back.

Agree, but as said if they actually changed the rules, it will be worth letting them know why you won't be going back. I certainly won't if it is the case.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bigboy529 For This Useful Post:

Music will be a deal breaker for me too.
    2007 Touareg 3.0 V6 TDI (Facelift, Air, Rear Diff Lock, Rear Mounted Spare)
    2008 Audi A4 B8 2.0 TDI (Multitronic)
    2009 KTM 990 Adventure (Weekend Fun)
    2012 Imagine Trailvan 4-Sleeper
    * consumption needs to be seen in the context that the vehicle is towing an Imagine Trailvan 30% of the time

Quote Originally Posted by bigboy529 View Post
    Did they actually change the rules now to allow music or was this simply people who didn't follow the rules?

Ja with the previous owners it was always a bit of a mission to get hold of the tannie by phone and she also wasn't very fast with emails, but she was always super kind and accommodating.
    The owners sleep onsite. They were building a house at reception for them when we were there. They are also planning to add a shop and softserve for the kids.

They will respond to any email within minutes. Very good with admin and unless you have a online booking system thats what you need. Strong admin.

I will take up the music issue with them and hopefully it will go back to the way it was. To me music in a camp site in the bush is a deal breaker.
    2018 Range rover sport
    2017 BMW M4

The owners sleep onsite. They were building a house at reception for them when we were there. They are also planning to add a shop and softserve for the kids.

They will respond to any email within minutes. Very good with admin and unless you have a online booking system thats what you need. Strong admin.

I will take up the music issue with them and hopefully it will go back to the way it was. To me music in a camp site in the bush is a deal breaker.

I mailed them now, will see when I can get space.

I saw in the past the music thing and noise in general can put a camp owner / manager in quite a tough position. Imagine trying to quiet down a group of probably semi drunk people 22:00 at night when their party is just getting lekker. Some people behave like pigs, they break things, they slash tyres etc. For this reason I won't complain about noise on the night, I'll rather complain the following day or when I leave. Sure they then can't really do anything about it, but at least you won't get your tyres deflated or slashed by the drunk idiot next door because he knows it's you who complained to the manager that he's making a noise.

Ja ek al n paar keur daar gekamp baie lekker plek en ja harde muskiek gaan baie mense ook nie meer daar kamp nie en ek self hou ook nie van harde muskiek by n kamp plek in die bos nie.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leon Venter For This Useful Post:

Hopefully they'll follow a place like Nkwe, told when you book, no music.
    Worked a treat.
    There is no task too simple for some people to complicate !

Ford Figo 2016

Agree 100%. I will take it up with them an should’ve done so in November
    Please let us know their response, Pieter. I liked Willemsrus, but one must keep in mind that it is a mainstream campsite and you could get all sorts. Some really only go camping to have a change of scenery from their normal party venue. Willemsrus also have 1 or 2 sites suited to large groups and that always makes me nervous.

If they changed the rules to allow music, well I will not go back soon.

If the no music rule is still in place, they must apply it. Simple.

From next year we can camp mid-week, that does make a difference.
    Last edited by lekhubu943; 2021/01/28 at 07:53 AM.
    Christa
    2018 Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD-6 4x4 AT

BushLapa 78 Now a Boskruier but with the same Zambia and CKGR bush stripes

yeah.. I agree. There should be no music. It is called Willems Rus afterall, and not Willems Disco
    2018 Ford Everest XLT 3.2 4x4 Auto

2013 Chevrolet Trailblazer 2.8 LTZ 4x4 MT (SOLD)

Photography : https://500px.com/c0rn3llman5
    Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX4..._as=subscriber

My girlfriend asked me to whisper 4 special words into her ear... so I said : "Ons gaan NOU braai!"

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CornellMans For This Useful Post:

Hierdie musiekonderwerp is 'n klein probleem en ek glo sal vinnig uitsorteer word.

Kom ons hou aan om hulle te ondersteun.

Ons sal verseker.
    Johan Maree
    Isuzu 300 d-tec
    MB Gwagen G350 Bluetec
    Nissan NP300 2.4 4x4
    Conqueror UEV-25

22. The Following User Says Thank You to JohanMaree For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JohanMaree View Post
    Hierdie musiekonderwerp is 'n klein probleem en ek glo sal vinnig uitsorteer word.

Kom ons hou aan om hulle te ondersteun.

Ons sal verseker.
    Hi Johan
    Ek stem 110% saam met jou. Ek het besluit ek gaan hulle sommer bel vandag nog voor ons in Feb gaan kamp. Dalk is dit al iets wat iemand oor gekla het.
    2018 Range rover sport
    2017 BMW M4

Ek stem glad nie saam nie. Musiek en dronk parties is vir my 'n enorme probleem by 'n kampplek.

As plekke besluit om hulle ondersteunig te soek van kampeerders wat geen respek het vir mede-kampeerders nie en NET kom kamp om te raas, dan is dit reg en dis hulle keuse. Ek kies dan om hulle nie te ondersteun nie.

Elke ou maak maar sy besluite.
    Last edited by lekhubu943; 2021/01/28 at 08:05 AM.
    Christa

25. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to lekhubu943 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by lekhubu943 View Post
    Ek stem glad nie saam nie. Musiek en dronk parties is vir my 'n enorme probleem.

As plekke besluit om hulle ondersteunig soek van kampeerders wat geen respek het vir mede-kampeerders nie en NET kom kamp om te raas, dan is dit reg en dis hulle keuse. Ek kies dan om hulle nie te ondersteun nie.

Elke ou maak maar sy besluite.
    Hi , ek dink jy verstaan Johan se boodskap verkeerd. Hy bedoel hy glo die musiek probleem sal gou uitgesorteer word. Hy se nie dat ons hulle moet ondersteun al is daar musiek nie. Wel dit hoe ek dit lees
    2018 Range rover sport
    2017 BMW M4

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pieter_fourie For This Useful Post:

Hi , ek dink jy verstaan Johan se boodskap verkeerd. Hy bedoel hy glo die musiek probleem sal gou uitgesorteer word. Hy se nie dat ons hulle moet ondersteun al is daar musiek nie. Wel dit hoe ek dit lees
    As 'n plek musiek toelaat gaan iemand musiek speel. Ek verkies om my naweke rustiger te spandeer.

As 'n plek nie musiek toelaat nie, moet hulle daai reel baie streng, vinnig en konsekwent toepas.

Dis my opinie en nie noodwendig reaksie op Johan se post nie. EN ook nie spesifiek gemik op Willemsrus nie!

Laat ons hoor in watter kategorie Willemsruns nou val met die nuwe eienaars. Ek het die paar keer wat ons daar gekamp het, baie geniet en sal graag weer wou terug gaan.
    Last edited by lekhubu943; 2021/01/28 at 09:09 AM.
    Christa

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lekhubu943 For This Useful Post:

Perspektief van die anderkant van die draad af:

Verstaan asb dat die musiek kwessie nog glad nie bevestig is as n nuwe reel nie.

Ons self is betrokke in die gaste bederf en ek verseker elk een van julle dit is klippe kou. Die nuwe eienaars het net een missie en dit is om n great ervaring vir die te gee wat die natuur geniet.

Kom ons wees sensitief dat een ervaring die ouens kelder voor hul nog begin het.

Ek self LOVE Willemsrus en sal self herhaadelik trug gaan.

Zapiture,
    Discovery 4 Facelift 2015
    Defender D90 2.8 2003
    Conqueror Commander 2014

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Zapiture For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast