Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: Willems Rus new owners.

Sal ook dalk regverdig wees om vir Hannes die link te stuur om sy kant te stel ....

Quote Originally Posted by JohanMaree View Post

Kom ons hou aan om hulle te ondersteun.

Ons sal verseker.
    Dankie Johan, hierdie forum het ongelooflik baie impak. Ek sidder elke slag as n klein besigheid aan die slae kant daarvan is.

Elke Klein saak se fondament is tans op sand. Ondersteuning is al wat gaan red.....en natuurlik geloof in ons Skepper.

Zapiture,
    Discovery 4 Facelift 2015
    Defender D90 2.8 2003
    Conqueror Commander 2014

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zapiture For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by lekhubu943 View Post
    Ek stem glad nie saam nie. Musiek en dronk parties is vir my 'n enorme probleem by 'n kampplek.

As plekke besluit om hulle ondersteunig te soek van kampeerders wat geen respek het vir mede-kampeerders nie en NET kom kamp om te raas, dan is dit reg en dis hulle keuse. Ek kies dan om hulle nie te ondersteun nie.

Elke ou maak maar sy besluite.

Ek stem heeltemal saam met jou, as ek weet 'n plek in die bos laat musiek toe sal ek nie daar gaan kamp.
    Ons moet net onthou hier dat dit nog nie befestig is dat Willems Rus nou musiek toelaat, dalk het Pieter net 'n slegte ervaaring gehaad, 'n groep wat die eienaars daai spesifieke naweek net nie kon beheer, dit gebeur ook maar.
    "The problems we have today is because the guys who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." - Magnus Heystek

Iv been there a lot, the problem I have is when they might say no LOUD music, loud means, simply different things to different people. I feel its a half measure if the compromise with no Loud music, I will not be back and we warn people on social media too, is they take this stance.

I vote NO music at all, we all go there for peace and quiet. I will add that thank goodness emails will be managed and no more double bookings of stands.

Regards Mike ZS6MSW CW Operator

Hi all
    I see on the Willems Rus website they have new owners. Last time I was there, actually last year this time the place was in the market and we actually jokingly planned to buy it the entire weekend.

Anybody been there recently, did things change with the new owners for better or worse?[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie2 View Post
    That to me is a deal breaker. I've been there under the previous ownership, but if this music thing remains, I will certainly not go back.
    The Owners dont live on the Property we were there beginning of Nov (Only people for 4 days ) I am positive no Music is allowed and the person who had to suffer should have told them to switch off or gone to the compound where the 'Manager; lives If People just watch and endure NOTHING gets sorted ..Nip it in the Bud is the ONLY way
    Last edited by Peter Betts; 2021/02/01 at 07:34 AM.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peter Betts For This Useful Post:

I called Anton. One of the owners. Music is allowed.
    2020 Toyota Landcruiser 200 GX-R
    2018 Range rover sport
    2017 BMW M4

Quote Originally Posted by pieter_fourie View Post
    Oh dear.....can I quote you on the caravan forum ?
    There is no task too simple for some people to complicate !

Ford Figo 2016

We only stayed there in Nov for 4 days to try the Trailer out in a nicer setting than a City based overnighter place . We found it quite expensive and all the Conservation fees etc so we wont be back as we only overnight in PTA enroute to Kruger etc from PE. Now with the Music story I would rather visit Gold Reef City Lol Name:  Willemsrus Everest2.jpg
Views: 511
Size:  712.2 KB
    Last edited by Peter Betts; 2021/02/01 at 07:46 AM.

Hi there
    We were at Willemsrus last weekend. The new owners are fabulous, they respond timeously with booking enquiries and are very efficient. They have spent some money on the resort already and have some really great plans for the future.
    When I read the feedback above, I contacted Hannes at Willemrus and they asked me to respond on his behalf saying they most certainly have not changed the rules and are still very much a NO MUSIC establishment.
    He sent me an email now confirming that the website and all booking information clearly states NO MUSIC.
    They both do live inside the campsite so are on hand to sort out any troublesome folk.
    If you have any further questions or need direct commitment from the new owners, you are welcome to contact them on: <[email protected]>
    Rgds

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LMichelson For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pieter_fourie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LMichelson View Post
    ..... I contacted Hannes at Willemrus and they asked me to respond on his behalf saying they most certainly have not changed the rules and are still very much a NO MUSIC establishment.
    He sent me an email now confirming that the website and all booking information clearly states NO MUSIC.
    Seems the 'owners' need to decide amongst themselves first whether they allow music or not.

Their website does say this however:

NOTA: Geen kragopwekkers, radio's en televisiestelle word op die terrein toegelaat nie. Ons kliŽnte word vreedsaamheid gewaarborg en ons is daartoe verbind as eerste prioriteit.
    Christa
    2018 Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD-6 4x4 AT

BushLapa 78 Now a Boskruier but with the same Zambia and CKGR bush stripes

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lekhubu943 For This Useful Post:

Iím sure they are still finding their feet. Perhaps it would be nice if they could respond themselves.

Zapiture,
    Discovery 4 Facelift 2015
    Defender D90 2.8 2003
    Conqueror Commander 2014

Hi all

I just got off the phone with Hannes ( one of the owners) I can confirm that Willemsrus will remain a No Music camp ground. Hannes will represent Willemsrus on the forum soon. He is just waiting for admin to accept his application. According to Hannes the music that was played when we camped was not suppose to happen and will never happen again. This is a big relief as this is by far our favorite camp site near pretoria. We camp there at least 6-8 times a year and will now continue to support them going forward. I want to please ask everyone else to support them. They respond to bookings fast and their admin is on point. Nou toe.....
    2018 Range rover sport
    2017 BMW M4

17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pieter_fourie For This Useful Post:

Excellent outcome.
    Stephan G

4x4: 2018 Isuzu KB250 D-Teq 4x4 DC
    Platkar: 2019 Suzuki Baleno GLX

"All of us get lost in the darkness. Dreamers learn to steer by the stars"

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Groenman For This Useful Post:

I'll add your post to the caravan forum.
    There is no task too simple for some people to complicate !

Ford Figo 2016

Good news.

I would also suggest that if someone camps there and find music, or any other disturbance, to contact the owners immediately. It puts an establishment in a very difficult and unfair position to hear about problems a visitor experienced later and/or on social media.

I wish the new owners well, they seem committed. There will be 'lawaaigatte' some weekends, but how the owners apply their rules will build their reputation and ensure return customers. I would love to see Willemsrus to be known as a peaceful camping spot and haven for the camper who cherishes his quiet time.
    Last edited by lekhubu943; 2021/02/01 at 12:14 PM.
    Christa

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lekhubu943 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by lekhubu943 View Post
    Good news.

I would also suggest that if someone camps there and find music, or any other disturbance, to contact the owners immediately. It puts an establishment in a very difficult and unfair position to hear about problems a visitor experienced later and/or on social media.

I wish the new owners well, they seem committed. There will be 'lawaaigatte' some weekends, but how the owners apply their rules will build their reputation and ensure return customers. I would love to see Willemsrus to be known as a peaceful camping spot.
    Agree.... i should have complained there and then. Lesson learnt. We are camping there on 26 Feb. hope to see some of you there.
    2018 Range rover sport
    2017 BMW M4

WOW nice Place!!............http://willemsrus.co.za/campsites/

Can one drive around with your own Vehicle?? I guess not??

En o ja, julle Manne wat so agter julle keyboards sit en hardop wonder en dit laat lyk/klink of daar elke Naweek 'n ###### disco op die Plek is.......ek glo GLAD NIE dis die geval nie, as ek so kyk na die setup op hulle website, en ek wil amper met 100% sekerheid se dit was maar een of twee isolated cases.

Jou "FO BY FO" se freeflow is dalk nog harder as die ou wat sit en 'n song luister op sy klein portable speakertjie.

As jou eie Lewe heeltemal FOUTLOOS is, sure - comments away, knock yourself out.........

Myne is nie, so ek enjoy die prentjies en moeite wat aan daai website gedoen is, en sal BAIE graag soontoe wil gaan.
    Last edited by Petri Oosthuizen; 2021/02/01 at 12:36 PM.
    "Yes, I have a Bad Habit. I take Tea at Three".........Mick Jagger

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Petri Oosthuizen For This Useful Post:

It has been great watching this thread develop.
    We often camp in Dinokeng. WillemsRus was always on our list but we never got around to it as it was apparent, from the forum and other sources, that people were battling to make bookings and get feedback etc.
    To hear the new management/owners are on top of things in terms of admin, as well as the confirmation that they dont allow noise and music is brilliant.
    We stopped going to our favourite spot in Dinokeng due to it becoming too busy and noisy.
    There are resorts where this is fine and not an issue, but personally we head to the bush for peace and quiet.
    WillemsRus is now officially back on the list and will be our next family trip.
    Thanks to everyone on the thread.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WayneG For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Petri Oosthuizen View Post
    WOW nice Place!!............http://willemsrus.co.za/campsites/

Can one drive around with your own Vehicle?? I guess not??

En o ja, julle Manne wat so agter julle keyboards sit en hardop wonder en dit laat lyk/klink of daar elke Naweek 'n ###### disco op die Plek is.......ek glo GLAD NIE dis die geval nie, as ek so kyk na die setup op hulle website, en ek wil amper met 100% sekerheid se dit was maar een of twee isolated cases.

Jou "FO BY FO" se freeflow is dalk nog harder as die ou wat sit en 'n song luister op sy klein portable speakertjie.

As jou eie Lewe heeltemal FOUTLOOS is, sure - comments away, knock yourself out.........

Myne is nie, so ek enjoy die prentjies en moeite wat aan daai website gedoen is, en sal BAIE graag soontoe wil gaan.

Petri, mens mag self in Dinokeng rondry, maar kort 'n permit, anders is daar ook game drives en so. Persoonlik het ek amper nog nooit gaan rond ry in Dinokeng, as jy op die regte plekke kamp soos onder andere Willems Rus, kom die diere sommer na jou. Ons het al cheetahs, wilde honde, olifante en dan natuurlik baie bok soorte reg op ons voorstoep gehaad by verskye kampe.

Stem saam met jou, mens moenie oor reageer voor dat jy die feite het, dit is nie waarvoor ek hierdie thread begin het.
    "The problems we have today is because the guys who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." - Magnus Heystek

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigboy529 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WayneG View Post
    ....We stopped going to our favourite spot in Dinokeng due to it becoming too busy and noisy....
    Agreed. There is very nice resort in Dinokeng, not far from Willemsrus, which is also getting too much for us. Maybe the same place.

Quote Originally Posted by Petri Oosthuizen View Post
    ... ou wat sit en 'n song luister op sy klein portable speakertjie.....
    Ongelukkig is dit amper nooit 'n klein portable speakertjie nie. Of net een song nie. Ons het langs mense gekamp, juis in Dinokeng, wie se TV die hele naweek, ek bedoel die hele naweek full blast aan was. Hulle het hom afgesit as hulle na middernag dronk by die karavaan ingestrompel het. Bedags voeter hulle swembad toe of gaan kuier by hulle pelle aan die anderkant van die kamp, maar hulle TV is volstoom aan. Die bure aan die anderkant kon nie 2 woorde aanmekaar las sonder die f-woord en het al lank voor 9 uur in die oggend omgeval en langs elke boom naar geword van die babbelaas en oordrink.

Nee wat dankie. Ek kies maar sorgvuldig waar ek my swaar verdiende pennies spandeer en ek verkies kleiner rustiger plekke.

Soos Willemsrus wel was die 3 kere wat ons al daar gekamp het. Ek is geweldig bly dat hulle nie hul reels verander het om musiek toe te laat soos dit verkeerdelik vroeer in die draad laat klink is nie.

Wat interessant is van die draad is egter hoeveel mense (nie net ek nie) gekant blyk te wees teen musiek en lawaai in kamp terrein. En die teenstanding kom van baie slegte ervarings oor 'n naweek kampe waar mens na rustigheid uitgesien het.
    Last edited by lekhubu943; 2021/02/01 at 01:29 PM.
    Christa

31. The Following User Says Thank You to lekhubu943 For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast