New Kanopi

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Kanopi

Lightbulb New Kanopi

Hi All,

Just wanted to find out if any of you have purchased this canopy and what are your thoughts?

https://kanopi.co.za/
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: New Kanopi

Tiagopc

Het jy al vir jou die kanopi gekoop ?

Willem
    Last edited by Somerpark; 2021/02/08 at 03:46 PM.

I have one fitted

Pretoria / Motopi Village, Northern Botswana

I also have one fitted on my hilux...after many struggles and lots of time sorting issues out, it now works as ot should...
    2018 2.8 Gd6 Hilux DAKAR with extras
    2012 Bushlapa Miskruier

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Trevor_Mathews For This Useful Post:

Hi Trevor thanks can you be more specific please if you don't mind? I ordered one yesterday and will wait 6 weeks before it arrives in Cape Town.

Anything I can try and "fix" before I get it.

Thanks

Kerritz

Quote Originally Posted by Kęrritz View Post
    Hi Trevor thanks can you be more specific please if you don't mind? I ordered one yesterday and will wait 6 weeks before it arrives in Cape Town.

Thanks

Kerritz
    Hi Kerritz, as a matter of interest would you mind telling us the price, this does not appear on their website.

Thanks
    John
    Last edited by Tedx2; 2021/05/06 at 01:14 AM.
    John 2021 Toyota Prado GXL 2.8 (in Australia) and 2014 Toyota Hilux 4x4 3.0 D4D (in Africa)
    Badger 4i BL1677 "Kamba 2" (in Australia) and Baobab BL1715 "Kamba" (in Africa)
    "I never knew of a morning in Africa when I woke up and was not happy" - Ernest Hemingway

Kgalagadi 2019 Namibia 2019 Gonarezhou 2019 Mana/Tafika 2018 Kgalagadi 2017 Lion, Hippo, Eland Leguaan, Python

You should also have a look at wild aluminum. I just got one on my hilux. Very nice canopy. Looks just like the rinocab. Very good price and very fast service.
    And just as a side note with the wild canopy (on the hilux gd6 and fords maybe others) you can open the tail gate without opening the canopy. I made my tailgate work with my central locking

9. The Following User Says Thank You to shaggy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by shaggy View Post
    You should also have a look at wild aluminum. I just got one on my hilux. Very nice canopy. Looks just like the rinocab. Very good price and very fast service.
    And just as a side note with the wild canopy (on the hilux gd6 and fords maybe others) you can open the tail gate without opening the canopy. I made my tailgate work with my central locking
    Thanks Shaggy, I've just sent them an email asking for a price list. These operations that do not have a basic price list on their websites frustrate the hell out of me
    John 2021 Toyota Prado GXL 2.8 (in Australia) and 2014 Toyota Hilux 4x4 3.0 D4D (in Africa)
    "I never knew of a morning in Africa when I woke up and was not happy" - Ernest Hemingway

Kgalagadi 2019 Namibia 2019 Gonarezhou 2019 Mana/Tafika 2018 Kgalagadi 2017 Lion, Hippo, Eland Leguaan, Python

Quote Originally Posted by Tedx2 View Post
    Hi Kerritz, as a matter of interest would you mind telling us the price, this does not appear on their website.

Thanks
    John
    Hi John,

My quote looked like this (see below) and besides the quality and finishing that I'm happy with on paper the roof rack without any added cost made the decision for me.

I added sliding doors and and mesh to transport my dogs and getting it to Cape Town added some courier costs as well.

I also include their basic price list that I got from them. Must say from the moment I started to enquire I only had excellent service so now we wait in anticipation and hopefully there won't be any issues when the canopi arrives.

Ta.

Kerritz.

Description Quantity Incl. Price Disc % VAT % Excl. Total Incl. Total
    Pretoria
    Koedoespoort
    16B Eland Street
    KANOPI
    KANDC - Kanopi Double Cab Canopy 1 R 21,500.00 0.00% 15.00% R 18,695.65 R 21,500.00
    RR01 - Roof Rack 1 R 0.00 0.00% 15.00% R 0.00 R 0.00
    COUR01 - Courier Costs 1 R 1,800.00 0.00% 15.00% R 1,565.22 R 1,800.00
    D50 - 50% Deposit Required 1 R 0.00 0.00% 15.00% R 0.00 R 0.00
    SECM - Security Mesh 3 R 862.50 0.00% 15.00% R 2,250.00 R 2,587.50
    SSW01 - Sliding Side Window 2 R 880.00 0.00% 15.00% R 1,530.43 R 1,760.00
    Grand Total: R 27,647.50 VAT inclusive

Hi John,

My quote looked like this (see below) and besides the quality and finishing that I'm happy with on paper the roof rack without any added cost made the decision for me.

I added sliding doors and and mesh to transport my dogs and getting it to Cape Town added some courier costs as well.

I also include their basic price list that I got from them. Must say from the moment I started to enquire I only had excellent service so now we wait in anticipation and hopefully there won't be any issues when the canopi arrives.

Ta.

Kerritz.
    Thanks Kerritz, their prices look very competitive, especially if you get the roof rack thrown in free of charge.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Tedx2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Kerritz
    Who is going to do your fitment?

My wild aluminum smooth aluminum doors in black with side sliding windows and the dg6 graphite grey metallic powder coat(this was R1800 more than the standard colors) and 15 working days from order. Was total R 22 600. Fitment included.

But if you have to fit it yourself my last rino cab and the wild aluminum I'm sure the kanopi will be the same. Very easy unbolt the tie down hooks fit the plate in and put the tie down bracket over the canopy bracket and bolt canopy to the newly installed bracket

16. The Following User Says Thank You to shaggy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by shaggy View Post
    My wild aluminum smooth aluminum doors in black with side sliding windows and the dg6 graphite grey metallic powder coat(this was R1800 more than the standard colors) and 15 working days from order. Was total R 22 600. Fitment included.

But if you have to fit it yourself my last rino cab and the wild aluminum I'm sure the kanopi will be the same. Very easy unbolt the tie down hooks fit the plate in and put the tie down bracket over the canopy bracket and bolt canopy to the newly installed bracket
    Thanks that is the plan yes to fit it myself.

Hi Guys,

Feedback from my side after I ordered my Kanopi in May:

• It took a little longer than what was promised but I was OK with that as it wasn't a big issue for me.
    • When the Kanopi arrived in Cape Town it was a very stormy day and I only got to inspect the Kanopi properly when I got home.
    • Unfortunately it was damaged by the courier on several places and there were a couple of issues that I wasn't happy with so I asked for a replacement unit.
    • It took some time and there was a little frustration going back and forth but in the end Francois drove down with his bakkie and a couple of new units and he personally fitted and replaced my Kanopi.
    • He explained to me the demand for their product by far exceeded their expectations but they are trying their best to ensure they keep their communication channels open as well not dropping the quality on their products.

So my situation had a happy ending and I thought it best to share it here lots of people asked me via PM's so this is my feedback.

It is a very sexy product that turns heads wherever I go, also very practical and good value for money. I chose the sliding windows for my Bullies and they agree with my choice.

I wish them well with their venture in what is a very competitive market with lots of options to choose from.

Thanks.

Kerritz.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210901_162143.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	115.4 KB 
ID:	629371   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2021-09-10_101148.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	203.4 KB 
ID:	629374  
    Last edited by Kęrritz; 2021/09/10 at 10:31 AM.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kęrritz For This Useful Post:

Thank you for the feedback.

I am also thinking of taking the plunge and am also in the WC. You still happy? Any one else that have issues besides the long wait?

Hi Guys,

Feedback from my side after I ordered my Kanopi in May:

• It took a little longer than what was promised but I was OK with that as it wasn't a big issue for me.
    • When the Kanopi arrived in Cape Town it was a very stormy day and I only got to inspect the Kanopi properly when I got home.
    • Unfortunately it was damaged by the courier on several places and there were a couple of issues that I wasn't happy with so I asked for a replacement unit.
    • It took some time and there was a little frustration going back and forth but in the end Francois drove down with his bakkie and a couple of new units and he personally fitted and replaced my Kanopi.
    • He explained to me the demand for their product by far exceeded their expectations but they are trying their best to ensure they keep their communication channels open as well not dropping the quality on their products.

So my situation had a happy ending and I thought it best to share it here lots of people asked me via PM's so this is my feedback.

It is a very sexy product that turns heads wherever I go, also very practical and good value for money. I chose the sliding windows for my Bullies and they agree with my choice.

I wish them well with their venture in what is a very competitive market with lots of options to choose from.

Thanks.

Kerritz.
    Jakkals

Isuzu X-Rider DC
    Suzuki Grand Vitara Dune M/T
    Wildebeest Kalfie
    Suzuki Swift

Good morning to all the Kanopi owners. I am in the process of getting quotes to replace my fiberglass canopy and would like to hear of any updated news and views based on your experience with your Kanopi products.
    I'm asking for quotes for the following accessories :- table, kitchen unit and fridge slider. Is there anyone who has these who is willing to comment on these items and how they have performed, quality, etc.

Any update will be appreciated.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by wilfwalk View Post
    Good morning to all the Kanopi owners. I am in the process of getting quotes to replace my fiberglass canopy and would like to hear of any updated news and views based on your experience with your Kanopi products.
    I'm asking for quotes for the following accessories :- table, kitchen unit and fridge slider. Is there anyone who has these who is willing to comment on these items and how they have performed, quality, etc.

Any update will be appreciated.
    Thanks.

My brother in law has the table and kitchen unit (without contents) in his Kanopi and he is very happy, Quality looks and feels good.

I have the ammo crate rack fitted in mine and also works well, looks a bit cheap but works nonetheless.
    CURRENT: 2013 Nissan Navara 2.5 LE A/T 4x4 - 2.5" Lift 32" GG AT3
    PAST: 2006 Ssangyong Korando 290 TDI - 3" Lift 32" GG X3's

23. The Following User Says Thank You to ChristiaanV For This Useful Post:

Anyone know where I can flog a secondhand RLD canopy?

Quote Originally Posted by Makaira View Post
    Anyone know where I can flog a secondhand RLD canopy?
    For which vehicle?
    D23 Navara LE Auto 4x4 with OME suspension + TJM Airtec Snorkel
    Jurgens Xcape
    Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 75th Anniversary Edition in Sargent Green (sad to have sold it)
    Jeep Wrangler Sahara 3.6 2dr (sold)
    Jurgens XT140 (sold)
    ex VW Amarok 4motion (X3)

hi gents,

busy reading and gathering info on canopies for my 2006 isuzu double cab. Received a very competitive quote from Kanopi including roofrack. The other current horse in the race is the canopy from WILD. Any comments or feedback appreciated.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast