Thread: New Kanopi

Lightbulb New Kanopi

Hi All,

Just wanted to find out if any of you have purchased this canopy and what are your thoughts?

https://kanopi.co.za/
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: New Kanopi

Tiagopc

Het jy al vir jou die kanopi gekoop ?

Willem
    Last edited by Somerpark; 2021/02/08 at 03:46 PM.

I have one fitted

Pretoria / Motopi Village, Northern Botswana

I also have one fitted on my hilux...after many struggles and lots of time sorting issues out, it now works as ot should...
    2014 Land Cruiser 76 SW with extras
    2019 Jaguar Inkwe 4 Offroad Caravan

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Trevor_Mathews For This Useful Post:

Hi Trevor thanks can you be more specific please if you don't mind? I ordered one yesterday and will wait 6 weeks before it arrives in Cape Town.

Anything I can try and "fix" before I get it.

Thanks

Kerritz

Quote Originally Posted by Kęrritz View Post
    Hi Trevor thanks can you be more specific please if you don't mind? I ordered one yesterday and will wait 6 weeks before it arrives in Cape Town.

Thanks

Kerritz
    Hi Kerritz, as a matter of interest would you mind telling us the price, this does not appear on their website.

Thanks
    John
    Last edited by Tedx2; 2021/05/06 at 01:14 AM.
    John 2014 Toyota Hilux 4x4 3.0 D4D and 2021 Toyota Prado GXL 2.8
    Baobab BL1715 "Kamba"
    "I never knew of a morning in Africa when I woke up and was not happy" - Ernest Hemingway

Kgalagadi 2019 Namibia 2019 Gonarezhou 2019 Mana/Tafika 2018 Kgalagadi 2017 Lion, Hippo, Eland Leguaan, Python

You should also have a look at wild aluminum. I just got one on my hilux. Very nice canopy. Looks just like the rinocab. Very good price and very fast service.
    And just as a side note with the wild canopy (on the hilux gd6 and fords maybe others) you can open the tail gate without opening the canopy. I made my tailgate work with my central locking

9. The Following User Says Thank You to shaggy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by shaggy View Post
    You should also have a look at wild aluminum. I just got one on my hilux. Very nice canopy. Looks just like the rinocab. Very good price and very fast service.
    And just as a side note with the wild canopy (on the hilux gd6 and fords maybe others) you can open the tail gate without opening the canopy. I made my tailgate work with my central locking
    Thanks Shaggy, I've just sent them an email asking for a price list. These operations that do not have a basic price list on their websites frustrate the hell out of me
    Baobab BL1715 "Kamba"
    "I never knew of a morning in Africa when I woke up and was not happy" - Ernest Hemingway

Kgalagadi 2019 Namibia 2019 Gonarezhou 2019 Mana/Tafika 2018 Kgalagadi 2017 Lion, Hippo, Eland Leguaan, Python

Quote Originally Posted by Tedx2 View Post
    Hi Kerritz, as a matter of interest would you mind telling us the price, this does not appear on their website.

Thanks
    John
    Hi John,

My quote looked like this (see below) and besides the quality and finishing that I'm happy with on paper the roof rack without any added cost made the decision for me.

I added sliding doors and and mesh to transport my dogs and getting it to Cape Town added some courier costs as well.

I also include their basic price list that I got from them. Must say from the moment I started to enquire I only had excellent service so now we wait in anticipation and hopefully there won't be any issues when the canopi arrives.

Ta.

Kerritz.

Description Quantity Incl. Price Disc % VAT % Excl. Total Incl. Total
    Pretoria
    Koedoespoort
    16B Eland Street
    KANOPI
    KANDC - Kanopi Double Cab Canopy 1 R 21,500.00 0.00% 15.00% R 18,695.65 R 21,500.00
    RR01 - Roof Rack 1 R 0.00 0.00% 15.00% R 0.00 R 0.00
    COUR01 - Courier Costs 1 R 1,800.00 0.00% 15.00% R 1,565.22 R 1,800.00
    D50 - 50% Deposit Required 1 R 0.00 0.00% 15.00% R 0.00 R 0.00
    SECM - Security Mesh 3 R 862.50 0.00% 15.00% R 2,250.00 R 2,587.50
    SSW01 - Sliding Side Window 2 R 880.00 0.00% 15.00% R 1,530.43 R 1,760.00
    Grand Total: R 27,647.50 VAT inclusive

Hi John,

My quote looked like this (see below) and besides the quality and finishing that I'm happy with on paper the roof rack without any added cost made the decision for me.

I added sliding doors and and mesh to transport my dogs and getting it to Cape Town added some courier costs as well.

I also include their basic price list that I got from them. Must say from the moment I started to enquire I only had excellent service so now we wait in anticipation and hopefully there won't be any issues when the canopi arrives.

Ta.

Kerritz.
    Thanks Kerritz, their prices look very competitive, especially if you get the roof rack thrown in free of charge.
    Baobab BL1715 "Kamba"

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Tedx2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Kerritz
    Who is going to do your fitment?

My wild aluminum smooth aluminum doors in black with side sliding windows and the dg6 graphite grey metallic powder coat(this was R1800 more than the standard colors) and 15 working days from order. Was total R 22 600. Fitment included.

But if you have to fit it yourself my last rino cab and the wild aluminum I'm sure the kanopi will be the same. Very easy unbolt the tie down hooks fit the plate in and put the tie down bracket over the canopy bracket and bolt canopy to the newly installed bracket

16. The Following User Says Thank You to shaggy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by shaggy View Post
    My wild aluminum smooth aluminum doors in black with side sliding windows and the dg6 graphite grey metallic powder coat(this was R1800 more than the standard colors) and 15 working days from order. Was total R 22 600. Fitment included.

But if you have to fit it yourself my last rino cab and the wild aluminum I'm sure the kanopi will be the same. Very easy unbolt the tie down hooks fit the plate in and put the tie down bracket over the canopy bracket and bolt canopy to the newly installed bracket
    Thanks that is the plan yes to fit it myself.