New Kanopi - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Kanopi

Default Re: New Kanopi

Quote Originally Posted by KÍrritz View Post
    Hi Guys,

Feedback from my side after I ordered my Kanopi in May:

• It took a little longer than what was promised but I was OK with that as it wasn't a big issue for me.
    • When the Kanopi arrived in Cape Town it was a very stormy day and I only got to inspect the Kanopi properly when I got home.
    • Unfortunately it was damaged by the courier on several places and there were a couple of issues that I wasn't happy with so I asked for a replacement unit.
    • It took some time and there was a little frustration going back and forth but in the end Francois drove down with his bakkie and a couple of new units and he personally fitted and replaced my Kanopi.
    • He explained to me the demand for their product by far exceeded their expectations but they are trying their best to ensure they keep their communication channels open as well not dropping the quality on their products.

So my situation had a happy ending and I thought it best to share it here lots of people asked me via PM's so this is my feedback.

It is a very sexy product that turns heads wherever I go, also very practical and good value for money. I chose the sliding windows for my Bullies and they agree with my choice.

I wish them well with their venture in what is a very competitive market with lots of options to choose from.

Thanks.

Kerritz.

Hi

I am heading in the Kanopi direction and just need some info regarding the fixed roof rack.

Did it drastically affect the fuel consumption or not really?

Wondering if it's worth it to pay extra to have the roof rack on rails to be able to remove it. But then again, in all honesty, how many times will I really go through the effort to remove it...

I had one on my previous vehicle and the difference was noticeable (almost 1l/100km). Still I never removed it.

Anyway, just wondering.

Thanks! Cheers.
    2021 2.4 Hilux Raider DC 4x4
    2010 Pajero Sport (sold, still sad)
    2011 Triton 3.2 C/C 4x4 (sold, excellent vehicle)

Hi Gents. I am in the process of ordering my Kanopi now (The R17999 special with the roof rack - VW Amarok). I will post my experience here as a reference. Up to now, I am very impressed with the service and all communications have been prompt and friendly. Let's see what happens after I have paid the deposit...

I have now ordered my new canopy and paid the deposit. I then received an e-mail from them shortly after, confirming my order and saying that "Your order is on the production list". Now we wait...
    Last edited by DawieDT; 2021/11/25 at 08:31 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DawieDT For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DawieDT View Post
    I have now ordered my new canopy and paid the deposit. I then received an e-mail from them shortly after, confirming my order and saying that "Your order is on the production list". Now we wait...
    I ordered and paid on 4 October. Initially up to the payment of the deposit they were quite keen to communicate. Contacted them two weeks ago and since I am not getting replies to emails. Called them twice and had promises they would get back to one. At present there are 3 mails they have not bothered to reply to.

It is a product that looks good but having waited 9 weeks now and the non delivery will impact my holiday plans.....perhaps I should have looked for a company that is more reliable when it comes to delivery....

Quote Originally Posted by SoftTiggy View Post
    I ordered and paid on 4 October. Initially up to the payment of the deposit they were quite keen to communicate. Contacted them two weeks ago and since I am not getting replies to emails. Called them twice and had promises they would get back to one. At present there are 3 mails they have not bothered to reply to.

It is a product that looks good but having waited 9 weeks now and the non delivery will impact my holiday plans.....perhaps I should have looked for a company that is more reliable when it comes to delivery....
    Sounds about the same level of service as RLD.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ned&zed For This Useful Post:

I can highly recommend WILD canopies. Turn around time was quick and Christiaan (owner) was a joy to deal with. Quality work was good and you can also accessorise till your heartís content.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kudus For This Useful Post:

I went straight to Bushtech for my canopy the order of the canopy , feedback and then installation from them out of this world hoop jy kom reg

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Boslover For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Boslover View Post
    I went straight to Bushtech for my canopy the order of the canopy , feedback and then installation from them out of this world hoop jy kom reg
    Bushtech delivers amazing service and products.
    2018 Ranger DC 2.2 XLS Auto 4x4
    Bushtech Canopy and goodies
    Canon 5DMkIV with L-goodies.

dit is die groot rede vir my gewees toe ek koop, om local te kry. Hier in die kaap is meer agente/distributors as vervaardigers, wat goeie job doen.

My voordeel Rugged was loop afstand van my af. Ek kon gereel gaan loer op voerdering.

I had the same experience now. I wanted to get more information about the "Dust kit" they supply and e-mailed them. No reply. I even sent a WhatsApp to the guy at their Brackenfell outlet -no reply.

Very disappointed to find myself in the same position. Confirmed with them prior placing the order and paying the deposit that I need my Kanopi to be fitted by 8th Dec 2021 as I am leaving on holiday on 10th Dec 2021. It is even recorded on my ordersheet.To date I have had ZERO communication from KANOPI. The salesman who took my deposit is never available, whatsapp was initially responded to only after a couple of days with a "everything on track". Now he is just not available and does not respond to any messages. Francois, the owner, is allways busy in meetings. Despite several calls and Whatsupps to them, no response. In my frustration I posted a comment on their FB re. my KANOPI that was supposed to be delivered today. My post was deleted in about 90 secs and I was blocked from making any furthrer comments. But they have my deposit so I will have to wait like an idiot until they deliver my Kanopi, who knows when.

2013 GL500
    2017 Mahindra PIKUP S10 4x4
    1997 BMW Z3(Future father/son project)
    2013 BMW 320D Sport(Mom's taxi)
    Infanta 675Si r/duck with 150 V6 Yammie
    Jurgens Exclusive (Huisie by die see)

I had a call from Francois Saturday morning. We had a long chat and he was very concerned about the level of their customer service and admitted that they have let this aspect slip quite a bit. They are extremely busy trying to catch up and finish their orders as well as build up some stock reserves. He promised that he is now personally involved in production again and that he will be addressing the issue of customer service and communication.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2