Default Victron Orion TR engine shutdown detection

Hi guys, anyone here setup their victron Orion engine shutdown (with regular alternator) te pick up the engine start-up. For some reason mine just does not pick up default 14.0 amp detection. I have to set it to about 13.2 to 13.7.

Charging of the crank runs at about 13.4, while at the back the 105 high cycle goes at about 14.4

I just want to know am I missing something (I am completely new to dc to dc chargers). Itís difficult to open victronconnect while driving to check batteries, so just want to make sure Iím not wrong in my settings

Any help will be appreciated

Default Re: Victron Orion TR engine shutdown detection

Quote Originally Posted by Gothan View Post
    Hi guys, anyone here setup their victron Orion engine shutdown (with regular alternator) te pick up the engine start-up. For some reason mine just does not pick up default 14.0 amp detection. I have to set it to about 13.2 to 13.7.

Charging of the crank runs at about 13.4, while at the back the 105 high cycle goes at about 14.4
    I have no experience myself with this, but I'm wondering, when a vehicle starts, that first few minutes and lower revs, the lead acid battery would be taking all it can get ito amps?
    Would this not be the reason?

Quote Originally Posted by Gothan View Post
    Itís difficult to open VictronConnect while driving to check batteries, ...
    An idea.
    What some has done, if you have a spare phone, install VictronConnect on that phone, mount it conveniently, to see what is happening maybe?
    Political Correctness
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional illogical minority, rabidly promoted by a unscrupulous mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd ... by the clean end!

Saw this in a pub - no idea why the wife does not see it so:
    I'm not opinionated ... I'm just always right!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to the_terrible_triplett For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Victron Orion TR engine shutdown detection

First of all, make sure you only have charger selected, never power supply.

Ignore the engine shutdown function.

I set my input voltage to 12.9, and 13.6, and it works for me.

Setup your battery to the specs on the battery itself.

Dont quite understand your problem with Victronconnect, just enable bluetooth on your phone, open the app, and you can monitor whats happening with your battery.
    Last edited by Kaptein Jack; 2021/01/22 at 09:04 PM.

Toyota D4D Legend 45
    Triton Clubcab 2x4 2.5 DID
    Bushlapa Vlooi 652