Lost in Kruger YouTube Series - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: Lost in Kruger YouTube Series

Hi Tim great series so far. It’s nice to see people enjoying what they are doing and then doing it so well.

I agree with the sound levels as discussed by others. I have a further comment which could maybe add some value and that is in relation to the camps and camping areas. Maybe a few comments (limited) on what you encountered at these will give color for guys planning to go there.

Thanx and can’t wait for the next episode!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TRON For This Useful Post:

Thanks Tim. Great to watch.

So rule number is not to have someone bind the wheel that is afraid of elephants when you expect to come across them
    Barnie Hickman
    Jeep XJ 95 "Witblitz" Jeep XJ 99 "Goldi" Swambo's

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    Great stuff

i think the deadline is an important one to stick to, I really think a successful channel is one that gets a ‘schedule’ going, so subscribers know that Thursday evening (for eg) they can sit down and watch the channel they know has a new episode up.
    lots of channels I used to watch used to do that, then the episodes became a bit too sporadic, skipping weeks etc (4wd action for eg) and then I just lose interest.
    100%, I'm aiming to actually do more than one a week, but sticking to the every Thursday rule is so important! Thanks for sharing your experience, this is all new, so just trying to learn learn learn!
    Check out http://www.youtube.com/c/timhulme for my latest overlanding vlog!

2016 Toyota Fortuner 2.8 4x4

@timhulmephoto
    @timhulmetravel

Quote Originally Posted by BarnieH View Post
    Thanks Tim. Great to watch.

So rule number is not to have someone bind the wheel that is afraid of elephants when you expect to come across them
    Hahaha good luck telling that maniac of mine not to drive. WW3 will break out. She's getting so much better though, you'll see in the later episodes!

@timhulmephoto
    @timhulmetravel

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tim Hulme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Martinj View Post
    Found it late last night and watched - really good and really looking forward to the rest of the series.
    Have a very soft spot for the Kruger so the weekly wait will have to be managed.

Thanks for the effort - all the best for your future plans - I noticed Moz is on the list - will follow developments on that as well.
    Hi Martin, thank you! We're flat out right now trying to get a couple of sponsors on board, and find worthy stories in moz, so hold thumbs for that one, think it could be amazing!

@timhulmephoto
    @timhulmetravel

Great storytelling and cinematography Tim!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Christoff For This Useful Post:

Looks good, I personally like vlogs where people are having lots of fun doing what they do, yours look a bit stiff and as if you want to be 'too professional' about it (mostly referring to the sections where you are filming yourself stationary), maybe vary your approach a bit and see what style of gets the most attention? Lots of work into such a vlog, and there are so many similar ones out there, I hope your brand find its feet quickly and firmly! Best of luck...
    Last edited by moetbiedjiewegkom; 2021/01/25 at 08:29 AM.
    *** Removed ***

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Hulme View Post
    Hi Martin, thank you! We're flat out right now trying to get a couple of sponsors on board, and find worthy stories in moz, so hold thumbs for that one, think it could be amazing!
    'Worthy stories'? What would that entail? We have a spot in Pomene and I am positive we can offer some assistance in some way when heading out that way. feel free to drop me a message or send me a mail to [email protected] Our Facebook page is a bit outdated, but feel free to check it out here; https://www.facebook.com/Coco-Louco-359196474090425/
    *** Removed ***

Some very nice footage and editing skills. I'm sure this is in your normal line of work somehow also?

To me the biggest breakthrough would be to in future to focus on capturing more of the natural sounds and thereby resist the need and temptation of having funky soundtracks in the background too often. If in nature or overlanding I want to hear the sounds of nature or even your vehicle, except here and there where there is some action building up perhaps. I know that this adds another level of complexity, having to focus on sound too, especially if you are switching between camera angles on the same scene and you are two man team.

If you watch ASPW who is a bit of a benchmark for this type of thing he gets that balance right. Years of practice I know, and I am critic who cannot do it better... Just an observation.
    2007 Touareg 3.0 V6 TDI (Facelift, Air, Rear Diff Lock, Rear Mounted Spare)
    2008 Audi A4 B8 2.0 TDI (Multitronic)
    2009 KTM 990 Adventure (Weekend Fun)
    2012 Imagine Trailvan 4-Sleeper
    * consumption needs to be seen in the context that the vehicle is towing an Imagine Trailvan 30% of the time

Trailer looks awesome! My whole family has a soft spot for Kruger (i.e. when asking my eldest daughter what she wanted to do for both her 18th and 21st - answer: Go camping in Kruger! Sadly, Covid railroaded the 21st but it was made up for) so will watch episode 1 tonight with the family on the big screen and have no doubt it'll become a weekly event. Subscribed on YouTube!
    Gary

Proud Owner: Metalian Maxi with loads of "making it mine"

Subscribed
    Peter Hutchison
    Answering the call of the wild is just so much beter than answering the telephone.
    [B][SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=2][B]ISUZU KB 280 DT LE
    Modified Glider Hunter trailer fitted with RTT.
    Platkar = Chevy Spark 1.2

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1949 For This Useful Post:

Brilliant - nice to watch a beautiful and positive reflection of the Kruger - I will subscribe!

Quote Originally Posted by J-9 View Post
    Brilliant - nice to watch a beautiful and positive reflection of the Kruger - I will subscribe!
    Thank you!

@timhulmephoto
    @timhulmetravel

Quote Originally Posted by Bateleur View Post
    Trailer looks awesome! My whole family has a soft spot for Kruger (i.e. when asking my eldest daughter what she wanted to do for both her 18th and 21st - answer: Go camping in Kruger! Sadly, Covid railroaded the 21st but it was made up for) so will watch episode 1 tonight with the family on the big screen and have no doubt it'll become a weekly event. Subscribed on YouTube!
    Oh amazing, I really hope you love it! Let me know! Episode 2 is on schedule!

@timhulmephoto
    @timhulmetravel

Quote Originally Posted by Kortgat View Post
    Some very nice footage and editing skills. I'm sure this is in your normal line of work somehow also?

To me the biggest breakthrough would be to in future to focus on capturing more of the natural sounds and thereby resist the need and temptation of having funky soundtracks in the background too often. If in nature or overlanding I want to hear the sounds of nature or even your vehicle, except here and there where there is some action building up perhaps. I know that this adds another level of complexity, having to focus on sound too, especially if you are switching between camera angles on the same scene and you are two man team.

If you watch ASPW who is a bit of a benchmark for this type of thing he gets that balance right. Years of practice I know, and I am critic who cannot do it better... Just an observation.
    Hi Kortgat,

Yes I agree entirely, I made a huge investment in new equipment mid way through the trip, and with it comes a lot better sound I think, so hopefully it improves as you watch. One of the scary things about producing this type of YouTube content is that by the time I am posting something, I have already learnt so much more. But I resist the temptation to be too much of a perfectionist, and try find the balancing act between quality and getting the content out. Comments like this help me push to get it right on camera so I don't have to hide things in post.

Thanks and please keep watching!

Tim

@timhulmephoto
    @timhulmetravel

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Tim Hulme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by moetbiedjiewegkom View Post
    'Worthy stories'? What would that entail? We have a spot in Pomene and I am positive we can offer some assistance in some way when heading out that way. feel free to drop me a message or send me a mail to [email protected] Our Facebook page is a bit outdated, but feel free to check it out here; https://www.facebook.com/Coco-Louco-359196474090425/
    I will definitely get in touch, thank you!

@timhulmephoto
    @timhulmetravel

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Hulme View Post
    Hi Kortgat,

Yes I agree entirely, I made a huge investment in new equipment mid way through the trip, and with it comes a lot better sound I think, so hopefully it improves as you watch. One of the scary things about producing this type of YouTube content is that by the time I am posting something, I have already learnt so much more. But I resist the temptation to be too much of a perfectionist, and try find the balancing act between quality and getting the content out. Comments like this help me push to get it right on camera so I don't have to hide things in post.

Thanks and please keep watching!

Tim
    2nd episode much better already re. the sound, actually perfect, perhaps just getting into the groove.

Should do a clip on your camera gear and techniques.
    2007 Touareg 3.0 V6 TDI (Facelift, Air, Rear Diff Lock, Rear Mounted Spare)
    2008 Audi A4 B8 2.0 TDI (Multitronic)
    2009 KTM 990 Adventure (Weekend Fun)
    2012 Imagine Trailvan 4-Sleeper
    * consumption needs to be seen in the context that the vehicle is towing an Imagine Trailvan 30% of the time

Well done Tim and B, just watched these and some of your others, just want to get out to the bush again. I like the natural flow, some others tent to make it more clinical, then it becomes unnatural.
    Keep it up, looking forward to the rest.
    Kind regards

24. The Following User Says Thank You to JamesV For This Useful Post:

Hi Tim,

Just binge-watched your entire channel whilst I am stuck in quarantine in Japan

Epic content and crazy nice footage/camera work! Hope you release more soon!

Nice to see a Fortuner in Africa representing on these channels - seems pretty capable too, even when going for a proper dodgy and deep water crossing

Seriously these channels get me close and closer to taking the plunge and taking a leave of absence from work for a year to do similar!

Keep the content coming!

Cheers,
    Izak

Quote Originally Posted by flyfisherman View Post
    Hi Tim,

Just binge-watched your entire channel whilst I am stuck in quarantine in Japan

Epic content and crazy nice footage/camera work! Hope you release more soon!

Nice to see a Fortuner in Africa representing on these channels - seems pretty capable too, even when going for a proper dodgy and deep water crossing

Seriously these channels get me close and closer to taking the plunge and taking a leave of absence from work for a year to do similar!

Keep the content coming!

Cheers,
    Izak
    Haha Izak, I would be the worst person to ask advice for on that, I'd send your boss a leave request form for you!

Thanks so much for the feedback, and glad you're enjoying the channel!

Episode 3 is out on Thursday!

@timhulmephoto
    @timhulmetravel

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Tim Hulme For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast