Default LED light installation

Hi I am looking to upgrade my lighting on my 2018 Colorado to LED's. All local installers have advice me its not a simple plug and play. Has anyone upgraded their lights in their trailblazers to LEDs and what hurdles if any did you have to overcome?

Default Re: LED light installation

Quote Originally Posted by BernyS View Post
    Hi I am looking to upgrade my lighting on my 2018 Colorado to LED's. All local installers have advice me its not a simple plug and play. Has anyone upgraded their lights in their trailblazers to LEDs and what hurdles if any did you have to overcome?
    The dust covers are the main concern. The majority LED replacements come with huge heat sinks. There simply isn't space for the heatsink under the dustcover.

The only LED I could find that comes close to the original bulb size, and has good reviews is the Fahren H1 LED.
    It is not a simple plug and play. Yet, no serious modification is needed.
    1. Remove the negative wire (black) from the lens housing (pull it off) and connect to the black wire on the LED
    2. Fit the Led in the lamp holder as per Fahren instruction booklet. Be careful not to drop the locking ring in the lens housing!
    3. The lamp holder springs must be adjusted slightly to fit around the LED locking ring. A pair of pliers or strong hands will do.
    4. Connect the red wires
    5. Secure the canbus decoder inside the lamp housing and replace the dust cover. It might take a bit of effort to get the low-beam dust cover back.

A few side notes:
    * The Leds are great for the high beam reflector lens. Personally, I would recommend a HID replacement kit (Philips) for the low beam projector lens. The Fahren beam pattern in the projector lens is an improvement from Halogen, but not great.
    * Be mindful of the LED you buy. A scattered beam pattern means a lot of light all over, but not on the road.

Thank you for the information have you also installed LED's in the driving/fog lights as well? Alsp do you have any pics of your conversion. I will look into the HID for the low beam.
    As my search only give for the low beam for the LED

Quote Originally Posted by BernyS View Post
    Thank you for the information have you also installed LED's in the driving/fog lights as well? Alsp do you have any pics of your conversion. I will look into the HID for the low beam.
    As my search only give for the low beam for the LED

You don't really want LED for the fog lights. The super white light reflects in the fog and blinds you. The more yellow the light, the better.

PM me with your mobile nr. I shall share videos via whatsapp