Default Jetski Fuel injector - The office johnny test?

Help the office johnny here!

My son is busy rebuilding a GP1300R jetski, head is about to go back on, but I am still concerned about the fuel injection. Before the rebuild the middle cylinder was burned so I am presuming it was running very lean.

Any ideas on how to test the fuel injection?

We have phoned several local places and nobody can/is prepared to help.

Default Re: Jetski Fuel injector - The office johnny test?

Have a look at companies that do ultrasonic injector cleaning - they can check the flow rate and nozzle pattern, haven't done it for a while but think it was about R400.00 per injector.

The other alternative is to test it yourself by building a 555 timer circuit to pulse the injector on/off and measuring how much fuel goes into a beaker - something like this

https://chemlabsupplies.co.za/produc..._prod_id=59645

You could also google a diy arduino injector tester. Injectors can be damaged by just supplying power to them.

You would also need to measure the fuel pump pressure and check if there is any restriction in the air intake system. Timing would need to be checked under load etc. Co and hc test would be recommended, then you can exactly how much unburnt fuel there is and how good the combustion is.

Remember that these diy methods are dangerous as you are working with fuel and electrickery, but can be minimised by taking adequate precautions etc.

Have a look at companies that do ultrasonic injector cleaning - they can check the flow rate and nozzle pattern, haven't done it for a while but think it was about R400.00 per injector.
    Thanks, I will use this, the part below scares me a tad

The other alternative is to test it yourself by building a 555 timer circuit to pulse the injector on/off and measuring how much fuel goes into a beaker - something like this

https://chemlabsupplies.co.za/produc..._prod_id=59645

You could also google a diy arduino injector tester. Injectors can be damaged by just supplying power to them.

You would also need to measure the fuel pump pressure and check if there is any restriction in the air intake system. Timing would need to be checked under load etc. Co and hc test would be recommended, then you can exactly how much unburnt fuel there is and how good the combustion is.

Remember that these diy methods are dangerous as you are working with fuel and electrickery, but can be minimised by taking adequate precautions etc.

dirk I have a gp1300r as well. Yamaha in Heuge road P.E can clean and service those injectors.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    Help the office johnny here!

My son is busy rebuilding a GP1300R jetski, head is about to go back on, but I am still concerned about the fuel injection. Before the rebuild the middle cylinder was burned so I am presuming it was running very lean.

Any ideas on how to test the fuel injection?

We have phoned several local places and nobody can/is prepared to help.
    '18 Hilux 2.8 Auto 4wd
    '19 Fortuner 2.8 Auto 4wd

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Webber View Post
    dirk I have a gp1300r as well. Yamaha in Heuge road P.E can clean and service those injectors.
    Kretz or JC?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    Kretz or JC?
    Kretz Marine.
    '18 Hilux 2.8 Auto 4wd
    '19 Fortuner 2.8 Auto 4wd