Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: What do I need

Default Re: What do I need

Quote Originally Posted by ekkekan View Post
    Very interesting to see the variation in possible solutions.
    I have a IT'S heat pump for over 8 years and pleased to be able to heat water at 33 to 50% electricity used than a grid element. As the 4.7kw unit heating power uses about 1.2-1.5kW we have hot water 24/7. No change in lifestyle to use little hot water after sunset.
    As we bath late in the evening and need geyser to re-heat water for the morning pure solar geysers would not work for us.
    The mentioned heat pump is also priced at about R17 000. Also due to the low electricity use this unit can also run with sun power if a hybrid inverter with panels are used. This way heating during the day is close to free.
    Based on some comments the Sunsynk inverters seems to be a good choice from a value for money point.
    Hehehehe would love to get one of those but then have the "evaporator" side feed into air vents going into the home
    But then have a lever somewhere so you can change the direction so that instead of blowing in it blows out for winter

Basically using the unit to both heat your water and cool your house because it is technically doing what a air con does when using it in winter
    Last edited by Veneficus; 2021/03/02 at 11:04 AM.
    2007 Subaru Forester 2.5XT
    Forester nutter here so watch out

Please remember that I think I'm funny
    (most people don't agree)
    thus take 90% of what I post with 2 pinches of salt

Quote Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post
    Hehehehe would love to get one of those but then have the "evaporator" side feed into air vents going into the home
    But then have a lever somewhere so you can change the direction so that instead of blowing in it blows out for winter

Basically using the unit to both heat your water and cool your house because it is technically doing what a air con does when using it in winter
    That is actually quite a common practice in large systems. In a nutshell the heat generated by the freezer room is used to heat water for the geysers.

Green Lantern Inn at Van Reenen has just such a system - DIY - with some help from ynw.
    Cheers

ZS5KAD
    3 Land Rover V8's
    NA - TwinTurbo - SuperCharged
    A V6 and an inline 4

If you fly or drive to an anti-Fracking meeting, you have no business being there and you wont get my ear......

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fluffy For This Useful Post:

I have also looked at the cool air blown into the house but the cowling and then a pipe through the roof tiles at my entrance would not look good. I would also want to use a butterfly/shutter to prevent blowing into the house in winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    That is actually quite a common practice in large systems. In a nutshell the heat generated by the freezer room is used to heat water for the geysers.

Green Lantern Inn at Van Reenen has just such a system - DIY - with some help from ynw.
    I know
    The small ones they act as though it is not a option

Add in that you would then also need to install filter system so you do not pump all the dust in
    Definitely more complicated thing to do
    Last edited by Veneficus; 2021/03/02 at 06:36 PM.
    2007 Subaru Forester 2.5XT
    Forester nutter here so watch out

Please remember that I think I'm funny
    (most people don't agree)
    thus take 90% of what I post with 2 pinches of salt

I know The small ones they act as though it is not a option Add in that you would then also need to install filter system so you do not pump all the dust inDefinitely more complicated thing to do
    As it is commonly installed close to a wall I guess there is less dust than in free air. Very easy to put filter material on the suction side and velcro pads to keep it from sliding off when no suction takes place. My evaporator hardly has a lot of dust stuck in it when I do a spray down. About zero insects sucked in.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4