Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Re: The 3 Provinces Unbeatable Trip with some Old Wheelers.

Morning all.
    Rob, thanks for that disclosure.
    I will also arrive by 2pm. We can recce together.
    I hope the sun shines as I have planned for us to do Sundowners on the hill above the camping area, just a short drive up.
    John on the Old wheelers group has generously offered me his Echo 3. So I will be trailer camping.
    Wood, is a good idea.
    I have quite a bit of recovery gear. But if anybody else has, bring it.
    I received a gift from my son yesterday. It may come in handy.
    All said, it's going to be interesting and amazing.
    They always say, 3 Provinces is unforgettable.
    RechardT

Now- Toyo GD6 2.8- Creed

One day is One day- Dodge Ram 6.7l TD.

You can go anywhere you want in life as long as its in a 4x4.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rechardt For This Useful Post:

Ek het al vergeet van die Trippie.......laat ek bietjie kyk, dalk kom ek en die latte deur.

Anyone knows if there are any offroad biking in the area?? Not on the Trail or with the Group, die goed lawaai vreeslik,.......but maybe the Boys would like to take them with?
    "Yes, I have a Bad Habit. I take Tea at Three".........Mick Jagger

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Petri Oosthuizen For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Petri Oosthuizen View Post
    Ek het al vergeet van die Trippie.......laat ek bietjie kyk, dalk kom ek en die latte deur.

Anyone knows if there are any offroad biking in the area?? Not on the Trail or with the Group, die goed lawaai vreeslik,.......but maybe the Boys would like to take them with?
    Would be great to meet you, Petri. Are you going to ask Suzuki for a demo Jimny to play with for the weekend?
    Rob Kirk

Amarok V6.
    Sym 200 scooter 2 x 1, CVT transmission, 4V OHC, 11.4 kW, 15NM
    0-60km/h in about 10s (downhill), Top speed - 100km/h (on a steeper downhill)
    Ground clearance : 125mm on 16-inch rims
    Tare : 134kg, GVM : 250kg (approx), GCM : 250kg (approx), Towing capacity : 0kg
    Best of all : 4L/100km, town driving and pinning it...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ama-newbie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ama-newbie View Post
    Would be great to meet you, Petri. Are you going to ask Suzuki for a demo Jimny to play with for the weekend?
    So Jimny gaan bietjie knap wees - ek sal die Jack, skaaprib en carton Camels moet laat Postnet

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Petri Oosthuizen For This Useful Post:

Guys, just asking - Can one invite a Friend and his son too (non Member).......??

And would Everyone be OK if we bring bikes.....obviously NO riding/lawaai near the Group or Trails at ALL, they'll just start and go?? PLEASE let me know, if an issue they stay at home

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Petri Oosthuizen For This Useful Post:

Guys, just asking - Can one invite a Friend and his son too (non Member).......??

And would Everyone be OK if we bring bikes ‹Not a Problem at all... By the time we are done with them, they will be Community members.

....obviously NO riding/lawaai near the Group or Trails at ALL, they'll just start and go?? ​Petri, again not a Problem, as you say, just not around the camp.
    Just make arrangements with Ronel at 3 provinces and advise her that you will be bringing bikes.
    PLEASE let me know, if an issue they stay at home
    ‹Looking forward to meeting you.
    RechardT

Now- Toyo GD6 2.8- Creed

And would Everyone be OK if we bring bikes.....obviously NO riding/lawaai near the Group or Trails at ALL, they'll just start and go?? PLEASE let me know, if an issue they stay at home
    I personally have no problem with those conditions; but I'm not the organiser! From the website the campsite has 42 stands, and some of us (myself included) are staying in log cabins. There is nothing to stop your friend from booking a campsite anyway, if one is available (which I'm sure there will be).

Again, just speaking for myself, as long as the bikes don't make a nuisance of themselves I have no problem.

But, this is just me - let's hear what the other guys say..
    Rob Kirk

Amarok V6.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ama-newbie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rechardt View Post
    ‹Looking forward to meeting you.
    snap...
    Rob Kirk

Amarok V6.

Yes thanks Rechardt and Others.........IF we go and IF we decide on maybe taking bikes for the boys, they definitely wont be any nuisance.
    I'm talking sommer unhook the bike trailer at the Plaashuis when we arrive and keep it there....something like that.
    Maybe they dont even want to tag the YZ's along, I was just thinking about it.
    I already WA'ed Ronel to just hear if they allow bikes etc etc.

Sounds like a nice Weekend outing, this one.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Petri Oosthuizen For This Useful Post:

Petri, they usually dont mix bikes and vehicles but with you being part of the forum group they might allow it.

As for inviting friends, the guys who organise the events usually dont have an issue. We obviously need to be mindful of the fact that we would be seen as representative of both the forum and the 4x4 community in the broader sense and any friends who come along are requested to abide by the guidelines we use when we have these events.

1. The 4x4 Community GTG Guidelines & Pointers

To ensure the total enjoyment of all who participate in a Community Event, a number of Guidelines and Pointers are required:
    • Event Coordinator and Stewards: Abide by the Community Guidelines & Pointers published for each event by the Event Coordinator and Stewards. The Guidelines & Pointers are not there to be restrictive but to ensure the safety and enjoyment of all participants while ensuring we don’t create negative awareness for the Community in particular and 4x4-ing in general.
    • Safety: 2.2.1: Ensure that all vehicle occupants are using seatbelts when in the vehicle particularly when it is in motion, except during water crossings. 2.2.2: Ensure all loose items in the vehicle are secured before entering a trail or attempting an obstacle. 2.2.3: No persons are permitted to sit on a vehicle during a trail or obstacle and must be within the confines of the vehicle at all times. 2.2.4: Ensure drivers and passengers are sufficiently hydrated during trails.
    • First Aid: Please ensure that your vehicle has a comprehensive First Aid Kit available in the vehicle at all times. Designated First Aid Steward(s) will be appointed when possible. Notify the First Aid Steward if your vehicle doesn’t have a First Aid Kit.
    • Alcohol: Alcohol is not to be consumed before or during a trail, by either the Drivers or other occupants.
    • Children: Please ensure that young children are under adult supervision at all times.
    • Country Code: Please respect the property owner’s rules and regulations regarding flora and fauna, access to trails, restrictions on trails, open fires, water use, rubbish disposal, safety and other instructions.
    • Event Stewards: As a Community Event consists of an informal group of like-minded people and not a formal Club, Event Stewards are volunteers for that particular event and do not represent the 4x4 Community owners. They are not appointed to be Police, their main role is to render assistance to everyone who is participating in an event. It is the responsibility of each participant to abide by the guidelines and pointers of the event and the rules and regulations of the property owner and or the laws of the land at all times.

Cheers
    Estee = S T = Sean Towlson

Total 4x4 Novice with no experience whats-so-ever

''Nothing makes the Earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes''. H.D. Thoreau.

Hummer H3 V8

W.A.P Objectivist

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estee For This Useful Post:

Yes thanks Rechardt and Others.........IF we go and IF we decide on maybe taking bikes for the boys, they definitely wont be any nuisance.
    I'm talking sommer unhook the bike trailer at the Plaashuis when we arrive and keep it there....something like that.
    Maybe they dont even want to tag the YZ's along, I was just thinking about it.
    I already WA'ed Ronel to just hear if they allow bikes etc etc.

Sounds like a nice Weekend outing, this one.
    Jy gaan 'n kluit wees as julle NIE kom nie! Sien julle daar!
    2001 Gen 3 Pajero swb 3.2 Di-D

Lyk my my Bodyguards wil nie bikes saambring nie....." Nee Man Paddy ons wil ook mos met die Cruiser ry".

Nou nog net by Mamma hoor of sy 'n naweek sonder haar Sex Slave sal kan maak, maar ek dink nie ons het iets aan nie.

Moet nou net uit figure hoe de hel gaan ek die Oztent saamvat, ek wou nog brackets vir die rack bestel het maar het nie. Maar sal plan sien. Dalk kan die latte in die cheapo tentjie slaap en ek innie kar, of andersom.

Thanks vir jou reelings anyway Rechardt, sal so oor die naweek laat weet, wil net eers vanaand Bed Parlement hou.....Yummies

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Petri Oosthuizen For This Useful Post:

Lyk my my Bodyguards wil nie bikes saambring nie....." Nee Man Paddy ons wil ook mos met die Cruiser ry".

Nou nog net by Mamma hoor of sy 'n naweek sonder haar Sex Slave sal kan maak, maar ek dink nie ons het iets aan nie.

Moet nou net uit figure hoe de hel gaan ek die Oztent saamvat, ek wou nog brackets vir die rack bestel het maar het nie. Maar sal plan sien. Dalk kan die latte in die cheapo tentjie slaap en ek innie kar, of andersom.

Thanks vir jou reelings anyway Rechardt, sal so oor die naweek laat weet, wil net eers vanaand Bed Parlement hou.....Yummies
    Petri

I have booked myself a log cabin, old fart that I am, because I don't like camping in the rain. I have a 2,4m x 2,4m canvas tent (Tentco Junior Wanderer) that I was going to bring with anyway, in case the weather turned for the better and I decided to camp. You're more than welcome to use that if it will help, and I will sommer stay in the log cabin?

Let me know? Like I say, I'm going to bring it anyway.... I also have one stretcher and 3 camping mattresses that I will bring with pleasure if that will also help?
    Rob Kirk

Amarok V6.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Ama-newbie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ama-newbie View Post
    Petri

I have booked myself a log cabin, old fart that I am, because I don't like camping in the rain. I have a 2,4m x 2,4m canvas tent (Tentco Junior Wanderer) that I was going to bring with anyway, in case the weather turned for the better and I decided to camp. You're more than welcome to use that if it will help, and I will sommer stay in the log cabin?

Let me know? Like I say, I'm going to bring it anyway.... I also have one stretcher and 3 camping mattresses that I will bring with pleasure if that will also help?
    Hey thanks a MILL Rob......but I'll either get that fittings for the rack or better still sommer tag along a little trailertjie

If all else fails we bring my little 3man tent that I used last week on my bike trip, so we're really sorted THANKS AGAIN

Hey thanks a MILL Rob......but I'll either get that fittings for the rack or better still sommer tag along a little trailertjie

If all else fails we bring my little 3man tent that I used last week on my bike trip, so we're really sorted THANKS AGAIN

Cool. But like I say, I'll have the tent anyway....
    Rob Kirk

Amarok V6.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ama-newbie For This Useful Post:

Rechardt, ek, Sev en Jomar gaan daar wees, Camping, beide Aande, jy kan ons maar by jou Lys sit asb.

Sal vandag by Strauss hoor of hy en sy seun en/of meisiekind ook wil saamgaan

Thanks, sien uit!!

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Petri Oosthuizen For This Useful Post:

Rechardt, ek, Sev en Jomar gaan daar wees, Camping, beide Aande, jy kan ons maar by jou Lys sit asb.

Sal vandag by Strauss hoor of hy en sy seun en/of meisiekind ook wil saamgaan

Thanks, sien uit!!
    AWESOME!! Op die lys.
    RechardT

Now- Toyo GD6 2.8- Creed

Petri, they usually dont mix bikes and vehicles but with you being part of the forum group they might allow it.

As for inviting friends, the guys who organise the events usually dont have an issue. We obviously need to be mindful of the fact that we would be seen as representative of both the forum and the 4x4 community in the broader sense and any friends who come along are requested to abide by the guidelines we use when we have these events.

OK.

They actually do allow bikes, very obviously not mixed with Cars on the same trail, even if they did I wouldnt be lekker with it at all anyway.....dont think ANY 4x4 trail Owner or Driver would be.

2nd Para is pretty obvious - but thanks anyway.
    Last edited by Petri Oosthuizen; 2021/01/30 at 11:10 AM.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Petri Oosthuizen For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Estee View Post
    I am scheming
    Sean.....come join man. Would LOVE to see/hear that V8 H3!!!

EN jy kan vir my die 12 x Tafel leer.....ek sukkel nou nog met hom

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Petri Oosthuizen For This Useful Post:

4 days.

The excitement builds.
    RechardT

Now- Toyo GD6 2.8- Creed

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast