Good quality every day handyman toolset - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Good quality every day handyman toolset

Quote Originally Posted by Ama-newbie View Post
    Another interesting topic, Andrew, and I look forward to seeing what members come up with...

I currently have a Mastercraft cantilever toolbox in which I keep most of my everyday stuff - sockets, flat spanners, screwdrivers, pliers, vice grip and a few other bits and pieces. My plan is to try and compartmentalize an ammo box to keep in the bakkie with everything I might need on a trip; including possibly a (gas) soldering iron and a cordless drill. Not sure if I'll get it right to fit everything into one ammo box though.

I plan to do this (use an ammo box) as next to my fridge slide I plan to put in another drawer tailored to fit 4 ammo boxes, one of which will be this tool box, another one for recovery gear (yes, I will take the 'rok offroad ONE day), and the other two most probably food.

Them's my thoughts. Happy to post pictures once I get started if it will be of interest. I'm lucky to have a son with access to a 3D printer to tailor print some of the smaller compartments as needed...
    I agree with most of the above. I ended up long time ago with a practical, properly designed toolbox that is compact (No spread out dispaying of tools. It just takes up much needed space) Tools must be in single layer trays for easy removal and display. (Take the digging out of the toolbox.) Extra tray for the spares and tools you are working with and lots of other handy features. See geesmo.co.za There is even a video clip. I pack about 30kg of tools in a box that 30% smaller than the metal Midas special. I try and take about everything as the one you need will be at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieter de Waal View Post
    I agree with most of the above. I ended up long time ago with a practical, properly designed toolbox that is compact (No spread out dispaying of tools. It just takes up much needed space) Tools must be in single layer trays for easy removal and display. (Take the digging out of the toolbox.) Extra tray for the spares and tools you are working with and lots of other handy features. See geesmo.co.za There is even a video clip. I pack about 30kg of tools in a box that 30% smaller than the metal Midas special. I try and take about everything as the one you need will be at home.
    My work travel box is a Pelican case that I set up to my specs.
    It has metric and inch 1/4" sockets, swivel, shallow and deep.
    3/8'' sockets
    1/4 and 3/8 extensions, ratchets and power bar
    ratcheting screwdriver and bits
    spanners from 1/4"/6mm to 1"/25mm
    wire twisters, pliers, long nose, knipex sliding joint, small hammer, knife, flashlight, mirror, magnet, special tools etc.
    Basically all I need to do line maintenance on my licensed types and the company supplied over 1" and type specific tooling.
    Weight is 25kg on the nose.
    Cheers,
    John Kilfoil

Rover P6
    Land Rover Discovery II Td5 Manual
    Range Rover P38 HSE
    Moto Guzzi LeMans
    Aprilia Tuono V2

QUOTE=Chrispzim;4553741]New tool rucksack with new tools.[/QUOTE] Good day
    where did you get this tool rucksack, please advise contact information as I would like to purchase one for our travels.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3