Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Hans Merensky Club Phalaborwa on Auction

Quote Originally Posted by Peter1949 View Post
    Combination methinks.
    a Good government would think out the box and convert the club to a temporary medical facility to treat such patients. It's pretty clear that everything going to #### could be put down to poor governance, the only variable is the time it takes to fall apart.
    Last edited by moetbiedjiewegkom; 2021/01/11 at 09:36 AM.
    *** Removed ***

Neither Covid nor ANC are to blame. Went there about 10 years ago - if not more - and stayed in one of the "villas". At that stage one could see that the place needed some maintenance but is was ok and it was nice 'cause the game came right up to the villas, one could drive around in the golf carts for some game viewing etc. A couple of years later we went there again and the "villas" were closed. When we arrived there on the Friday night there was a small generator running outside with a lead going inside to give electricity to the computers at reception, golf carts which one could use to go on a " game drive " was no more, didn't have any Coke for the kids etc etc. One could see that the staff were really demoralised. At that stage the lady in question was already owing huge amounts on electricity etc. It's a pity 'cause the place had real potential if managed correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by moetbiedjiewegkom View Post
    a Good government would think out the box and convert the club to a temporary medical facility to treat such patients. It's pretty clear that everything going to #### could be put down to poor governance, the only variable is the time it takes to fall apart.
    I dont think they have the funds to convert it
    Always think: Could this be sarcasm?

André Opperman

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Oppies3800 For This Useful Post:

Ek was laas week daar gewees in Phallas my laerskool deurgegaan in groenskool en Hoorskool Frans du Toit wou laasweek daar ingaan moes reelings maak met mense in Merensky om vir my te kom haal maar daar omgedraai wat n lekke plek gewees en daar was ook mala mala lekke vis gevang daar jammer alles gaan vir n bol maar Phalaborwa bly maar in my bloed was ook onder die idee PMC was hulle eienaars gewees very sad

Quote Originally Posted by Boslover View Post
    Ek was laas week daar gewees in Phallas my laerskool deurgegaan in groenskool en Hoorskool Frans du Toit wou laasweek daar ingaan moes reelings maak met mense in Merensky om vir my te kom haal maar daar omgedraai wat n lekke plek gewees en daar was ook mala mala lekke vis gevang daar jammer alles gaan vir n bol maar Phalaborwa bly maar in my bloed was ook onder die idee PMC was hulle eienaars gewees very sad
    Ek was ook in Hoor Skool Frans du Toit. Sluit gerus aan by Frans du Toit Reunion op FB as jy nie lid is nie .
    Baie van ons ou Fransies is nie meer met ons
    2003 Jeep KJ 2.5 CRD Manual
    2003 Jeep KJ 2.8 CRD Automatic

Louis Slater

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2