Default Baviaanskloof To do and stay

We are going to spend a day or two or three in Baviaanskloof from the 3rd of Jan. We are entering from Patensie side and will be staying or first night at Bruintjieskraal.

Any suggestions where to stay the following nights and what to do?

Default Re: Baviaanskloof To do and stay

Quote Originally Posted by Rolf91 View Post
    We are going to spend a day or two or three in Baviaanskloof from the 3rd of Jan. We are entering from Patensie side and will be staying or first night at Bruintjieskraal.

Any suggestions where to stay the following nights and what to do?
    Who is open to allow camping with covid around? Maybe Google "what to do in Baviaans" and see what comes up. I believe there are caves with bushman paintings in the Baviaans area. Maybe find a dirt road and travel it for a bit. Just remember that the area has dangerous pussy cats that will eat you, so don't venture far from vehicle.
    Isuzu STD 2.5d 2x4 rear diffy lock
    2x spotlight,2x fog lights
    215/80/R15c tyres
    1 x great humourous driver
    GPS,Bluetooth
    Eagle eye dash cam --stolen ..bought another one
    snorkel soon
    Craig
    I DON'T LIVE IN AFRICA,AFRICA LIVES IN ME- Kyle my son

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hunter26 For This Useful Post:

Very beautiful part of our country.
    Enjoy.
    Apart from the pussy cats mentioned above please be very aware that it is not called Baviaanskloof for nothing.
    The baboons are fearless, can be aggressive and cause damage to your camp and equipment if left unattended.
    In spite of all that it is place very well worth visiting and spending time in.
    Some wonderful rustic roads and passes - just remember to give way to the guys coming uphill especially if they are towing anything and be careful on corners.
    Maybe one day we will get to visit there again.
    In the meantime, give my regards to Koos & Kie, with not such warm greetings from my insurer. (Eish!)
    Peter Hutchison
    Answering the call of the wild is just so much beter than answering the telephone.
    [B][SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=2][B]ISUZU KB 280 DT LE
    Modified Glider Hunter trailer fitted with RTT.
    Platkar = Chevy Spark 1.2

If you're camping there is place in the reserve that we stayed at called Rooihoek. There's only like a long drop there as facilities.
    We've stayed at Zandvlakte. Got a pool and nice accommodation.
    A bit further on is Doringkloof Bush camp with a old farmhouse and a mudhut as accommodation.
    Duiwekloof is also a pretty place to stay and there's the bushmans paintings to see.
    Just before Duiwekloof you can stop at Vera's coffee shop for fresh roosterkoek with jam and cheese!
    Then there is the Makkedaat caves to stay at too. They've got a few "caves" as accommodation. Then after that the road splits to Uniondale or Willowmore. There's some places to stay on the road to Uniondale too.
    Hope you enjoy your trip!