3.5 v6

Thread: 3.5 v6

Default 3.5 v6

I can get my hands on a spotless 2010 V6, only 148 on the clock. Problem is, they want 50K above trade and 30K above retail. Madness to me I think.

So my question, is it worth it to "overpay" on a vehicle this old? I'm planning on driving it VERY long, that was the plan with my current 2.5, but i've always been a sucker for a V6, but could never find a decent one.

Default Re: 3.5 v6

v6 Triton?The one in Bloem

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    v6 Triton?The one in Bloem
    Shhhhhhhhht

I can go check it out for you...The price is a bit steep..169 would be a good price..But they are getting scarse

NEVER pay more than you should for any car; if the seller hikes the price 'because you won't find a cleaner example anywhere', you know he's a greedy bugger and probably cut corners on maintenance and fabricated some of the car's history. Only crazy people charge crazy prices, and you don't want to do a financial deal with someone crazy, do you?
    2001 Gen 3 Pajero swb 3.2 Di-D

I can go check it out for you...The price is a bit steep..169 would be a good price..But they are getting scarse
    I'm waiting on the service record, it says FSH - salesman said he will send me the invoices once he gets them printed?? Service book is a bit all over the pace.

Thanks for the offer, if the service checks out, I will definitely take you up on the offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jens78 View Post
    NEVER pay more than you should for any car; if the seller hikes the price 'because you won't find a cleaner example anywhere', you know he's a greedy bugger and probably cut corners on maintenance and fabricated some of the car's history. Only crazy people charge crazy prices, and you don't want to do a financial deal with someone crazy, do you?
    I won't, made up my mind. If the services check out, I will hit him with a reasonable, market related offer.

If its a local bakkie then the only place that would have done a good service would be Kundendienste or the local agent
    Besides services its at the kilos where the steering column might be loose and needs replacing
    Also if memory serves there should be a big mitsubishi sticker on the tailgate which i did not see so it might have been possibly sprayed?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.G For This Useful Post:

Second-hand dealers in Bloem have a bad reputation when it comes to bakkies. The history of the vehicle is almost always fabricated. One dealer here used to buy shagged solid-axle Hiluxes from Gauteng, waaay past their prime. He would simply spray-paint them, turn the odo's back and put some cheap new tyres on, then sell them for crazy prices as 'die ou oom het slegs naweke plaas toe gery en die bakkie elke week gepolish'.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jens78 For This Useful Post:

Good solid advice and that goes for a lot of other things in life as well!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Paul Botha For This Useful Post:

Second-hand dealers in Bloem have a bad reputation when it comes to bakkies. The history of the vehicle is almost always fabricated. One dealer here used to buy shagged solid-axle Hiluxes from Gauteng, waaay past their prime. He would simply spray-paint them, turn the odo's back and put some cheap new tyres on, then sell them for crazy prices as 'die ou oom het slegs naweke plaas toe gery en die bakkie elke week gepolish'.
    I've noticed that, I previously enquired about a 3.2 in Bloem, when my questions started, the dealer didn't bother to get back to me, and the same with this dealer now, he is VERY quiet now and i'll bet my house I won't hear from him again.

I think the dealer does not know his mitsus very well because he has a pajero sport with nearly 300k on the clock and he wanted 200k for it..I think he is on 170k now..He did the same with a previous triton he had too..Dont think he knows the resale of the mitsus to much..But from what i know they not a skelm dealership,they pretty well known
    I will go around tomorrow and have a quick look

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.G For This Useful Post:

I think the dealer does not know his mitsus very well because he has a pajero sport with nearly 300k on the clock and he wanted 200k for it..I think he is on 170k now..He did the same with a previous triton he had too..Dont think he knows the resale of the mitsus to much..But from what i know they not a skelm dealership,they pretty well known
    I will go around tomorrow and have a quick look
    I saw that red Triton now; it looks a bit tarted-up. This dealership sometimes do punt turds as truffles, I know. As shamelessly brazen as they come to seal a deal. But they're not the truly dodgy one I was referring to earlier.
    Last edited by Jens78; 2020/12/21 at 02:13 PM.

I saw that red Triton now; it looks a bit tarted-up. This dealership sometimes do punt turds as truffles, I know. As shamelessly brazen as they come to seal a deal.
    It is yes, if this happen I will remove all that kuk immediately!