Patrol and dust

Thread: Patrol and dust

hubaru Guest

Default Patrol and dust

I have just returned from the Kgalagadi and Namibia. As always the Patrol was great, but it has started sucking in a huge amount of dust through the tailgate, especially on the left hand side. I don't recall it being so bad before and I suspect it had something to do with the corrugations. Has anyone had similar experiences?

Wrt the tail gate Hubaru, I take it you have the pick-up? Does it have a canopy?

The sucking in of the dust seems to be a common problem with pick-ups. (Had lots of dust in the back of my Drifter returning from Kgalagadi.) The general consensus is that the pressure inside the back is lower due to the air-flow around the canopy causing dust to, literally, be sucked into the back. Opening the little front window on the canopy helped a lot but the back was never dust-proof/
    '02 Patrol 3.0Di GL

Your Patrol, is it a bakkie as a bakkie has a tail gate which does suck in dust. But a station has a back door with rubber seals. If this is the case check to see why its not sealing, maybe some got damaged or left slightly open while driving
    ORA
    -------------------------
    Ian

hubaru Guest

Sorry for slow response, I have been out of touch for a while. No, it is the station wagon. Rubber seals look fine (car is two years old) and I can't see any misalignment on the doors. Was just wondering if anyone else had similar experience.

Quote Originally Posted by hubaru View Post
    Sorry for slow response, I have been out of touch for a while. No, it is the station wagon. Rubber seals look fine (car is two years old) and I can't see any misalignment on the doors. Was just wondering if anyone else had similar experience.
    Have a look under carpet near inside wheel arches and also under neath the back mats. Dust can also get in that way. Some times the rubber grommets arent replaced properly.
    ORA
    -------------------------
    Ian