Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Dust Dust Dust Dust ( Toyota GD 6 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by NeilMac View Post
    Hi
    I had a 2016 HiLux 4x4 with dust entry problems purchased new from McCarthy in Pinetown.
    This I think was one of the first batches of the GD6 mine was the 2,8 GD 4x4 Auto
    This vehicle has many come backs one of them being dust ingression. After complaining bitterly for 20000km Toyota brought out a modification / and acknowledged a dust problem. The "dust kit" was duly ordered from Toyota SA with the factory rep being involved. I was given a loan vehicle and they kept the vehicle for 6 working days.
    Everything and I mean every thing was stripped out of the cab, seats, door panels, hood lining, carpets and dashboard. The kit was installed.
    Unfortunately that vehicle was never the same, but no dust ingression from then on out but plenty of other problems.
    After the 40k service and all the hassles was done I drove the vehicle out of the workshop to their used AutoMark section and managed to sell it back to then. Took the hiding but had peace of mind

So I hope you get properly sorted out
    Good luck
    The 2016 Hilux was riddled with faults as it was one of the first variants , and really Toyota did a bad job not to call a campaign each and everytime such faults are reported , the issues were handled one by one for those who discovered them for others it was bad luck , and after the warranty was gone we were left to foot the bill.

Well now this dust issue needs to be gone... i advise all to push ur new cars to the limit. and report everything, never take no.

regards
    Toyota
    2016 Toyota 2.4 GD-6 4x4 SRX DC MT

Quote Originally Posted by JWR View Post
    This is what the Dust Kit consists off.

Thats what i saw from my qoute , and its too much , i want to buy the kit and get my own labour.
    Toyota

Quote Originally Posted by Krokodilspruit View Post
    Photos of my dust problem sorted.

Is it possible change the vents rather than sealing them, ?
    Toyota

Quote Originally Posted by RoelfleRoux View Post
    As Battlestar pointed out, there is no certainty of opinion. I'm not going to ask you to pick a side, but rather appeal to your logic.
    Thanks to the OP, we have a nice set if images showing how the dust accumulated around, and because of, those open vents.
    Logic suggests that the only way to avoid dust getting in there, is to have a higher (positive) air pressure inside the cockpit. If you close the inlet vents by selecting "recirculation", then there is no reasonable way of building positive air pressure inside the cockpit. Even setting the fan speed to full will not be able to build pressure.
    Conversely, if you open the inlet vents and assist by turning the fan speed up a little, then you have a build up of pressure and all the excess fresh air rushing into the cockpit must exit via those dusty little vents behind the back seat. Then the dust can't go (upstream) into the cockpit.
    If you crack a window, then Bernoulli's principle applies and air rushes out enabling the vents behind the seats to suck in dust.
    Every car make/model will have a different design for those exit vents, which means some will be more prone than others to suck in dust, but the principle is the same.
    Sealing those exit vents will definitely inhibit the inflow of fresh air because air pressure will build inside the cockpit. I suppose cracking a rear window open will help under those conditions.
    Thank you for this, and do understand all this of creating a pressured cabin...

To Toyota, how about making it so that it doesn’t suck dust into the cabin? You guys and gals ought to be the engineering and design experts. Speaking for myself, I’m just simple guy that pays, what is to me, a lot of hard earned money, for a good vehicle that simply doesn’t suck in dust into the cabin in any way... Maybe like install a dust kit for your valuable (maybe not because we’re in “Africa”) clients? Aaaahh pretty please?!
    Toyota, your call!
    2017 Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD-6 4x4 A/T

5. The Following User Says Thank You to AK77 For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3