Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Lockdown regulations and traveling with alcohol

I will be towing from Pretoria to Plett over December. Are there any lockdown regulations preventing one from traveling with alcohol in caravan? Not aware of any but just want to make sure.
    Kobus
    2021 Toyota Prado 2.8 VXL
    2007 Toyota Fortuner 3.0 D-4D 4x4
    Conqueror Companion
    Centurion

Default Re: Lockdown regulations and traveling with alcohol

You can travel with alcohol in your possession

I drive a fire engine red Cruiser and tow an army inspired van.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hedgehog For This Useful Post:

I am sure the shops in Plett will appreciate your business more than the ones in Pta, so just come spend your money there.
    (I know, I know this is a Ford vs Toyota question and I am recommending VW!)
    Tyrannosaurus R5 (sold, but still missing it) and a second hand British Tata and now a small German SUV with working indicators.

"I often wonder what it must be like to be so strong, infallible, articulate, self-content .... and wrong."
    - Pam Ayres

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JanB For This Useful Post:

Buying beer and liquor in KNP is so expensive it's nothing short of torture.
    I will take along my full 10 days required stock from home....no matter what lockdown rules.
    Last edited by Dungbeetle; 2020/12/06 at 07:13 PM.
    Don’t blame yourself over past mistakes. It’s like driving down the N1 while looking in the rear view mirror only.

2000 Patrol GU 4.2D(onkey) "old-timer" and wise at 857 000 km
    2014 Patrol GU 3.0CRD "teenager" in puberty at 123 000 km
    2007 Echo3 Trailer "the nest" Braked Axle fitted at +60 000 km
    2012 NP300 YD2.5 D/C 2x4 High Rider "platkar" at 125 000 km

Quote Originally Posted by tjoek View Post
    I will be towing from Pretoria to Plett over December. Are there any lockdown regulations preventing one from traveling with alcohol in caravan? Not aware of any but just want to make sure.
    Please buy your booze in Plett. Why would you want to transport that extra weight? The Spar tops in piesang valley is owned by a private local who gives a lot back to the community.

One of the best butchers is at Harkerville, next to the market.
    Bruce Hunter. 2021 Defender D240HSE,2019 FJ Cruiser, Audi Q5S Tdi, 2019 VW Tiguan 4motion 2.0tsi(work vehicle), Bush Lapa Kewer 2202, Fusion 17 boat-Yamaha FT100hp 4st.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BruceHun For This Useful Post:

I encourage people to spend money in all the smaller tourist towns. I was recently on
    holiday and a popular tourist town was so quiet , restaurants and beaches were empty , where we can we need to keep the country going COVID has taken a massive toll. I didn’t realise it till I saw it

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TonyAvelino For This Useful Post:

My intension this holiday is to pack the minimum food and drinks and rather buy my stock from the local shops close/nearby my destination.
    Regards

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HeinrichC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HeinrichC View Post
    My intension this holiday is to pack the minimum food and drinks and rather buy my stock from the local shops close/nearby my destination.
    same here, also coming from Cape Town to George, J-Bay, Kirkwood, Graaf-Reinet & Oudtshoorn. Would prefer not to cart everything from home

Just reviving this thread because I don't know where else to pose the question.

My son runs an Escape Room business, which according to last night he's still allowed to keep open (it's not a cinema, night club, or any of those types of establishments mentioned). He fully understands the "50% capacity" bit, so will cut down on the number of concurrent clients to 50% of his normal capacity. No problem. He's also (and has been) strictly enforcing the wearing of masks, taking temperatures, sanitizing rooms between sessions and so on.

However, does anyone know if it's published anywhere in the regulations about number of people per sqm of flooring, or something like that? We're talking about his reception area here. If he strictly enforces a 2m distance between people in reception, is he conformant?

TIA
    Rob Kirk

Amarok V6.
    Sym 200 scooter 2 x 1, CVT transmission, 4V OHC, 11.4 kW, 15NM
    0-60km/h in about 10s (downhill), Top speed - 100km/h (on a steeper downhill)
    Ground clearance : 125mm on 16-inch rims
    Tare : 134kg, GVM : 250kg (approx), GCM : 250kg (approx), Towing capacity : 0kg
    Best of all : 4L/100km, town driving and pinning it...

It seems to be 1 person per square metre.

https://coronavirus.westerncape.gov....ess-and-events

What does “adequate space” mean?
    According to the Regulations Issued in Terms of Section 27(2) of the Disaster Management Act on 18 March 2020, adequate space means not more than one person per square meter of floor space.
    Pete Williamson

ADVENTURE BEFORE DEMENTIA

2002 Mitsubishi Colt Rodeo 3.0

16. The Following User Says Thank You to petewill For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TonyAvelino View Post
    I encourage people to spend money in all the smaller tourist towns. I was recently on
    holiday and a popular tourist town was so quiet , restaurants and beaches were empty , where we can we need to keep the country going COVID has taken a massive toll. I didn’t realise it till I saw it
    The effect of this sars virus is not the issue. The nonsensical government response is the issue. You are being had, this crap will not end until the public says voetsek.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to oubok For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by oubok View Post
    You are being had, this crap will not end until the public says voetsek.
    Which won't happen in our lifetimes.
    Jakes Louw
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

20. The Following User Says Thank You to jelo For This Useful Post:

Impossible to maintain required distance 1 person to 1 sq.m. I would say 1 person per 4 sq.m.
    Quote Originally Posted by petewill View Post
    It seems to be 1 person per square metre.

https://coronavirus.westerncape.gov....ess-and-events

What does “adequate space” mean?
    According to the Regulations Issued in Terms of Section 27(2) of the Disaster Management Act on 18 March 2020, adequate space means not more than one person per square meter of floor space.
    Mike Nieuwoudt
    '89 LR 110 V8

I agree 1 person per sqm is nonsensical in light of the suggested 1,5m separation. 1,5m radius suggests 1 person per roughly 7sqm.

He's actually looking for something that might have been gazetted somewhere (perhaps with regard to cinemas or something) just to make sure he stays conformant in his reception area while briefing clients. As mentioned, he's already cut the room (of which there are 3) occupancy to 50% of usual...

I'm sure he can't go wrong if he sticks to 1 person per 7sqm...

Thanks for the responses...
    Rob Kirk

Amarok V6.

Quote Originally Posted by Ama-newbie View Post
    I agree 1 person per sqm is nonsensical in light of the suggested 1,5m separation. 1,5m radius suggests 1 person per roughly 7sqm.

He's actually looking for something that might have been gazetted somewhere (perhaps with regard to cinemas or something) just to make sure he stays conformant in his reception area while briefing clients. As mentioned, he's already cut the room (of which there are 3) occupancy to 50% of usual...

I'm sure he can't go wrong if he sticks to 1 person per 7sqm...

Thanks for the responses...
    Not sure how you calculate 7 m2 per person , it’s 1 person every 1,5m2
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cor View Post
    Not sure how you calculate 7 m2 per person , it’s 1 person every 1,5m2
    Let me guess. Maths wasn’t one of your strong points.

Take a piece of string 1.5m long and draw a circle around you.

Work out the area of the circle.

EDIT - I am lying in bed trying to get to sleep and - bang - it hits me. It’s not 7m2 per person. If each person had 7m2 then there would be a 3m space between them. So what is it then?

0.75 x 0.75 x 3.14 = 1.76m2 which gives a gap of 0.75 + 0.75 = 1.5m between people. So if you stand in the middle of a 1.76m2 circle the everybody has a 1.5m barrier.

But wait there is more. You can’t just divide the area by 1.76 to get number of people because all the circles don’t fit next to each other without wasted space between them. So what is it then ?

You have to have squares. So it’s 1.5 x 1.5 = 2.25m2
    Last edited by Fluffy; 2020/12/29 at 11:28 PM.
    Cheers

ZS5KAD
    3 Land Rover V8's
    NA - TwinTurbo - SuperCharged
    A V6 and an inline 4

If you fly or drive to an anti-Fracking meeting, you have no business being there and you wont get my ear......

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fluffy For This Useful Post:

I m from the Netherlands and hope you all are ok.
    Everything is closed here till the 18th of januari
    All shops ( only essential) no entertainment, no bars, restaurants etc
    All schools are closed
    We can only see 2 people a day at home
    Hospitals are code red allmost black ( I think in 3 days we have code black )
    We have 2 new mutations ( VK, and South african ) and here they are most scared for the south african mutation because younger people and children are getting more sick

How do you all think about this new mutation? If I read this thread I think all buisness are still open? Schools still open?

Stay well and healthy

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Let me guess. Maths wasn’t one of your strong points.

Take a piece of string 1.5m long and draw a circle around you.

Work out the area of the circle.

EDIT - I am lying in bed trying to get to sleep and - bang - it hits me. It’s not 7m2 per person. If each person had 7m2 then there would be a 3m space between them. So what is it then?

0.75 x 0.75 x 3.14 = 1.76m2 which gives a gap of 0.75 + 0.75 = 1.5m between people. So if you stand in the middle of a 1.76m2 circle the everybody has a 1.5m barrier.

But wait there is more. You can’t just divide the area by 1.76 to get number of people because all the circles don’t fit next to each other without wasted space between them. So what is it then ?

You have to have squares. So it’s 1.5 x 1.5 = 2.25m2

Thanks for pointing out the flaw in my original assumption of using a circle with a radius of 1,5m per person; that was a huge over-simplification on my part. Lack of logic due to being lazy and not thinking the problem through. As someone who writes software for a living, where logic plays a large part, I should hang my head in shame, and I do!

However, if we want to get pedantic, I would also suggest that modelling the problem using squares also isn't the most efficient way to pack people into a room with a minimum separation of 1,5m. You still get "wasted space" along the diagonals. Seeing the way my beer cans fall when I pack them horizontally in my bar fridge would suggest that equilateral triangles might be the best model to use. The centres of each can (of consistent radius) seem to fall in that pattern. That leads us to one of natures elegant shapes, the hexagonal cells in a honeycomb.

Of course, if we really wanted to model this to the nth degree, it would also depend on the ratio of the radius of the cans compared to the width and height of the fridge compartment; but I'm really not going into that. I'm not that bored. Besides, I need time to think of snappy comebacks to Jelo

However much fun (or not) this might have been, it detracts from my original question which was what (if any) is the legislated number of people per sqm in a public space so my son doesn't fall foul of the law when he has people (from different groups) in his reception area. The only response that supplied an attachment suggested 1 person per sqm which we all know is nonsensical, and was probably concocted by someone with zero maths knowledge, (and who maybe wears a doek....)
    Last edited by Ama-newbie; 2020/12/30 at 07:03 AM.
    Rob Kirk

Amarok V6.

The regulations for determining how many people you are allowed in your shop works out to 8m2 per person. I.e. take your useable floor space (subtract space taken up by shelves, fridges etc), divide the sq meters by 8, deduct the number of staff, and you have your shop's limit.

C
    If you ain't livin on the edge, you're taking up too much space!

Quote Originally Posted by sylvia000 View Post
    We have 2 new mutations ( VK, and South african ) and here they are most scared for the south african mutation because younger people and children are getting more sick

How do you all think about this new mutation? If I read this thread I think all buisness are still open? Schools still open?

Stay well and healthy
    Interesting that everyone is going on about TWO mutations whereas there are many more, actually thousands of different genomic sequences for SARS-COV-2 already.

https://nextstrain.org/ncov/global
    Last edited by jab2; 2020/12/30 at 07:12 AM.
    Cobus
    Jimny

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jab2 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast