Default 2006 Hyundai Terracan 2.9 CRDI power specification for race chip

Hi Everyone,

I would like to know how I can tell if my Terracan is the 110kw 2.9 CRDI or the 120kw 2.9 CRDI motor.
    It is registered in 2006. So it is either a 2005 or 2006 model.
    I would like to buy the race chip, but it seems there are different chips depending on the model or the power output.

Also is it worthwhile to install the race chip? I believe one would definitely notice a big difference going from 340nm to 410nm.

Default Re: 2006 Hyundai Terracan 2.9 CRDI power specification for race chip

Jakes Louw
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

AFAIK the local 2.9 engines were down tuned for our diesel fuel. Down under they got the more powerful model.
    Andre Botha
    2006 Pajero 3.8 GLS LWB, Gomad bash plates. Monroe Adventure shocks.

Thanks,

I have purchased the race chip and will install it into my vehicle this weekend.
    The supplier told me that it does not matter at what power the motor is rated, the programming stays the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackals View Post
    Thanks,

I have purchased the race chip and will install it into my vehicle this weekend.
    The supplier told me that it does not matter at what power the motor is rated, the programming stays the same.

I assume it's installed by now.
    Do you have a report back for us?
    Rory

2005 Hyundai Terracan 2.9 CRDi aka Terry (Family/Weekend Car)
    2018 BMW R1200GS Adv LC aka Snow (My other joy)
    2013 Metalian Maxi aka Maximilian (A Good Year)

Talking Re: 2006 Hyundai Terracan 2.9 CRDI power specification for race chip

Yes, I have installed the chip.
    It makes a big difference. The engine is a lot more responsive and truly pulls with a lot more oomph.
    I have also noticed slight improvement on my fuel usage, although I have not yet had the chip long enough for a full tank of diesel to properly measure the consumption.
    But, where I got 670km on a tank before I am now standing on 685km and the light has just come on. I will be able to do a proper comparison on the next fill up.

Racechip gave me a free upgrade to the racechip two as the racechip one i received was sent with the wrong harness.
    Cant complain about that. So i got an extra 5% increase on top of the 20% for free

Looking forward to taking the Terracan off road again to use those extra HP I got.
    5th gear doing a 100 km/h, put the foot down and it builds up speed with a lot more confidence than before.
    Idling in third gear it pulls without me touching the accelerator and it does not stall.

Hi Jackals
    Do you have any more feedback on the Racechip fitted to your Tcan back then? I'm thinking of fitting one to our TCan...
    Thanks bud
    The Otter Man - Africa's only Otter Tracker Tour Guide

Founder & CEO
    Cape Town Marine Tours.com
    Cape Marine Tours.co.za
    Marine Team South Africa
    Azores Escapes - Portugal

If you're not learning something new and pushing personal boundaries each and every day -you are wasting oxygen.