Page 119 of 173 FirstFirst ... 19 69 94 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 144 169 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,380 of 3450

Thread: F1 - 2021

Default Re: F1 - 2021

Quote Originally Posted by River Rat View Post
    In simple terms would you bet against MB winning the next race?
    I would.

Monaco is special as quali is the key to the race like no other race. The only real "overtake" is in the pits and there RB is strong, very strong.

Only one exception, Max going "hammer and chisel" into the chicane after the tunnel .
    Walter Rene Gygax
    Kalahari Safari
    ORRA Call:​ WB58 | ICASA ZRF430
    Nissan Patrol GU TB45
    | Nissan Safari GU TD42 | B'rakah 4x4 Trailer
    E34 - 535i for a bit of nostalgia
    E39 - 540i for the open roads

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kalahari Safari For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jaconell View Post
    Monaco - yes, I am. If it was Spa or Silverstone or Monza - no.
    You are a brave man!

What do the rules say?
    Can the transmission ratios and / diff ratio be changed for a short course like Monaco?
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity" - Martin Luther king Jr

2006 VW Touareg V10 (Sold)
    2002 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2 Di-d SWB

Quote Originally Posted by mullerza View Post
    Bahrain, - 1st race, MB caught off guard with rule changes and LH wins close race despite Max having the faster car
    Imola - Rain - always exciting
    Portimao - Lewis wins by 29 Seconds - MB has recovered down force lost due to rule changes.
    Spanish - Lewis wins by 15 sec's made exiting only by Max taking lead in T1

Take the rain away from Imola and if Max did not get ahead in T1 in the Spanish GP and we are left with only 1 close race so far this year. I hope I'm wrong but I expect normal service (MB 1-2 in most races) to be restored for the balance of the year.
    The time gaps are not really representative on the finishing line. The fastest lap pit stops are skewing the reality.

But I agree that MB has done a fast recovery on the regulation disadvantage.

If RB can work on their strategy planning, they might be able to recover some of their perceived disadvantage.
    Walter Rene Gygax
    Kalahari Safari
    ORRA Call:​ WB58 | ICASA ZRF430
    Nissan Patrol GU TB45
    | Nissan Safari GU TD42 | B'rakah 4x4 Trailer
    E34 - 535i for a bit of nostalgia
    E39 - 540i for the open roads

Quote Originally Posted by River Rat View Post
    You are a brave man!
    I agree with Jaco

Sadly the race pace of the Red Bulls are lacking and this is where it will count in their favor because track position in Monaco is an absolute deal breaker. If Max goes into P1 from the start (and we know how good he has been in the starts as of late) then I do not see Merc passing them on track. Strategy may help Merc with timing the pit stops and tire choices but Merc in general is slower than Red Bull in the pit stops. So my prediction will be Max for the win and Lewis right behind him.

However, lets see what Merc can pull out of the hat this time around, they never ceases to amaze me.
    Last edited by Jacques_Nel; 2021/05/12 at 01:53 PM.
    2016 Ford Ranger XL DC 4x4 - Die kar agter die donkie
    2009 Mitsubishi Triton DC 4x2 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Jacques_Nel View Post
    I agree with Jaco

Sadly the race pace of the Red Bulls are lacking and this is where it will count in their favor because track position in Monaco is an absolute deal breaker. If Max goes into P1 from the start (and we know how good he has been in the starts as of late) then I do not see Merc passing them on track. Strategy may help Merc with timing the pit stops and tire choices but Merc in general is slower than Red Bull in the pit stops. So my prediction will be Max for the win and Lewis right behind him.

However, lets see what Merc can pull out of the hat this time around, they never ceases to amaze me.
    I detect some cracks Jacques. Can I send an Orange hat and wooden Nike's?
    Jaco Nell

I detect some cracks Jacques. Can I send an Orange hat and wooden Nike's?
    Hahahahahaha.
    Just sharing the spoils Jaco

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jacques_Nel For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jacques_Nel View Post
    I agree with Jaco

Talking about good starts. Even with its very stiff suspension the nose of an F1 car lifts when it launches. I have gotten into the habit of staring intently at the noses of the front and second row at lights out with the lights just in my periphery. Difficult with only 2 eyes but do-able��.

Almost without fail Max is a few mili seconds ahead of the rest. His reflexes a lot like dragracers. Either it is in his DNA or they are doing a lot of very spesific training around this. Probably a bit of both. But it seldom fails to buy him 4-5 meters of the line. Also look when he rolls up to his gridbox. His front wheels milimeter perfect.

Sainz also very quick reflexes.
    Last edited by jaconell; 2021/05/12 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Carent spell "him".
    Jaco Nell

Talking about good starts. Even with its very stiff suspension the nose of an F1 car lifts when it launches. I have gotten into the habit of staring intently at the noses of the front and second row at lights out with the lights just in my periphery. Difficult with only 2 eyes but do-able��.

Almost without fail Max is a few mili seconds ahead of the rest. His reflexes a lot like dragracers. Either it is in his DNA or they are doing a lot of very spesific training around this. Probably a bit of both. But it seldom fails to buy him 4-5 meters of the line. Also look when he rolls up to his gridbox. His front wheels milimeter perfect.

Sainz also very quick reflexes.
    I have been doing the same, staring at the cars when the lights go out
    Yes, I think with the amount of torque going through the car, it is inevitable for the nose to raise a few cm's until the air flows over the front wing and forces it down again when at speed.

Have a read through here, where McLaren actually takes you through the process of a driver's weekend and what plays a role in their reaction times. It's a lot more complicated than just mashing the "loud pedal"
    https://www.mclaren.com/racing/team/...explains%20Jon.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jacques_Nel For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 4ePajero View Post
    What do the rules say?
    Can the transmission ratios and / diff ratio be changed for a short course like Monaco?
    No

Gears and ratios are fixed for the season.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MariusFourie For This Useful Post:

The queen, sorry Sir, has started with mind games again. He complained to the FIA about a bendy wing on a RB during the qualifying in Spain. FIA jumps. https://www.iol.co.za/sport/f1-gover...0-9651ac2ec54a
    Toyota Hilux 1990, D/C, SFA, 4x4
    Jeep Cherokee, 3.7L, 4x4

Head-hunting of your competitors is frowned upon in just about all types of business.

If you advertise the posts, fair enough, but head-hunting people from your opposition is not on.

IMHO
    I missed this comment when it was posted.

Just a question, did you also frown upon it when Mercedes was head-hunting people up and down the pitlane pre-2014?

Among others they were poaching the best aerodynamicists from rival teams as Merc threw loads and loads of money at F1 in that period to get their team set up for success.

Red Bull is probably taking a leaf out of their book.
    Last edited by JS-V8; 2021/05/12 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JS-V8 View Post
    I missed this comment when it posted.

Just a question, did you also frown upon it when Mercedes was head-hunting people up and down the pitlane pre-2014?

Among others they were poaching the best aerodynamicists from rival teams as Merc threw loads and loads of money at F1 in that period to get their team set up for success.

Red Bull is probably taking a leaf out of their book.
    I was not aware of the fact, but if they did, I do not condone it.
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity" - Martin Luther king Jr

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 4ePajero For This Useful Post:

So Monaco then should be a pace leveler. Street circuits should remove a lot of the advantage of raw pace everyone attributes to MB. Lets see if Max can utilise this factor. Neither Lewis not Max have done particularly well at Monaco, despite three wins one would think that Lewis' dominance would have given him more.

In his first season Max did not race as he started at the backend of the season.

So it's not exactly like either driver has a great preference and or liking for the circuit.

I was not aware of the fact, but if they did, I do not condone it.
    Surely people are free to market themselves and to maximise their financial returns on the skill set that others so desperately want?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Leigh View Post
    Surely people are free to market themselves and to maximise their financial returns on the skill set that others so desperately want?
    Sure, but what you describe is not head-hunting.

Always think: Could this be sarcasm?

Andr Opperman

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oppies3800 For This Useful Post:

Sure, but what you describe is not head-hunting.
    Not wishing to be argumentative but what is the difference in your mind? You put an add in the paper people apply. You chat to someone and tell them of a vacancy and ask them if they are interested to apply.

These guys have so many non-disclosure agreements, gagging agreements etc. that it becomes very difficult for them to take IP and use it openly in the other team.

What would be the process for me to leave the employ of MB to join RBR. I am unhappy, Toto has been on my case and suddenly Christian gives me some love, more cash and what I see as an opportunity to improve my career, must I say no?

I must qualify and say that one or two people OK. If you headhunt in an attempt to undermine/weaken the other crowd then this can be construed to be industrial espionage.
    Last edited by Andrew Leigh; 2021/05/12 at 06:10 PM. Reason: added last comment

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Leigh View Post
    Not wishing to be argumentative but what is the difference in your mind? You put an add in the paper people apply. You chat to someone and tell them of a vacancy and ask them if they are interested to apply.

These guys have so many non-disclosure agreements, gagging agreements etc. that it becomes very difficult for them to take IP and use it openly in the other team.

What would be the process for me to leave the employ of MB to join RBR. I am unhappy, Toto has been on my case and suddenly Christian gives me some love, more cash and what I see as an opportunity to improve my career, must I say no?

I must qualify and say that one or two people OK. If you headhunt in an attempt to undermine/weaken the other crowd then this can be construed to be industrial espionage.
    I am fine with position(s) being posted and a person(s) applies via the normal channels, and lets say 5 of my team leaves as a result, but approaching 100 members of the same entity?

hmmm, what is your opinion on the below?

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...0ly5uWqru.html

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Jacques_Nel For This Useful Post:

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...lRr0ymFFK.html

After LH complained... did the guy not contend his maiden season and win his 1st title with a McCheated F1 car?
    '01 HB DC 3.2D 4X4 (SE)