Page 179 of 280 FirstFirst ... 79 129 154 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 204 229 279 ... LastLast
Results 3,561 to 3,580 of 5583

Thread: F1 - 2021

Default Re: F1 - 2021

Quote Originally Posted by willben View Post
    McLaren, you?
    Red Bull
    Discovery 3 V8 HSE
    Defender 90 2.8i
    Audi SQ5 Tdi
    Range Rover 4.4 V8 sold
    Audi A3T sold

Quote Originally Posted by riyadh View Post
    How come those Haas cars always spinning or sliding? Is it possible that they overlooking something in setup?
    No.
    Jaco Nell

Quote Originally Posted by Francois Theron View Post
    Nico Rosberg reckons it was done because LH need all the help he can and he thought Botas had a better chassis. So he requested it. Simple as that. I didn’t hear what Toto said
    What does a chassis of an F1 car entail? What other components fall under that term?
    Sent from my iPhone

I would have though the monocock and the suspension.

The monococks are laid up by hand so there may be minute discrepancies.

Quote Originally Posted by Beesblaas View Post
    Red Bull
    You must be very happy that Max has a teammate in Perez? I think Perez is WDC material just unfortunate that Ron Dennis/McLaren dropped him. I was so excited when he joined McLaren, I knew he had the goods he just needed the time.
    Regards,

William

4x4 'Tuna

Quote Originally Posted by Murray Walker
    “I don't make mistakes. I make prophecies which immediately turn out to be wrong.”

Quote Originally Posted by riyadh View Post
    How come those Haas cars always spinning or sliding? Is it possible that they overlooking something in setup?
    The drivers know the car doesn't have the pace so they are driving on the limit all the time. Doing that for so long will ensure you overdrive eventually
    Always think: Could this be sarcasm?

André Opperman

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oppies3800 For This Useful Post:

You must be very happy that Max has a teammate in Perez? I think Perez is WDC material just unfortunate that Ron Dennis/McLaren dropped him. I was so excited when he joined McLaren, I knew he had the goods he just needed the time.
    Any chances of a WDC for Checo - that ship has sailed. For me somehow, he just does not have the "x-factor". What is the "x-factor"? I honestly have no idea, probably an assimilation of many small things which makes up the whole. Herr Marko / Christian & Mighty Max ain't going to let Checo get the better of Max over a season. And probably rightfully so. Max is the future. Anyhow, good luck to any driver currently with aspirations of outgunning Max. What it buys Max & RBR however is a formidable wingman. A luxury long lacking at RBR. Just at the time when MB made a massive strategic error in keeping their wingman and not signing Russel. Suddenly Lewis has got his head in a angry swarm of Red Bulls. Unchartered territory for Lewis. And it shows.

Looking at MB in 2016, the tiff between Lewis & Nico, almost tore the fabric of that marvelous team. But it made for a great season. A (any) team, needs a #1. Toto is quick learner, and since 2017 he made sure Lewis was covered by Bottas. Maybe not by design initially, as Toto & MB clearly did not see Nico's resignation coming. However, my little voice tells me had Nico stayed, Lewis would have thrashed him in 2017 and on. Methinks his little voice told him the same.

The one team where this is going to get real interesting, real soon, is Ferrari. Not much daylight between Charlie & Sainz. I have a feeling (if the case, hats off to them) Ferrari is going to let them race. Lots of hype around Lando this season, deservedly so, but Sainz certainly right up there as a menace for the future. As long as Lec and Sainz find motivation in their competition with each other, and not fall foul to a toxic relationship, Ferrari will continue improving. I really hope Mattia can facilitate this.

Race Sunday!!!!!! Enjoy Gents. I look forward to an afternoon of joyous celebration with lots of knowning "I told yous" beaming faces at my family, not the plethora of f-bombs dropped 2 weeks ago😇😇😀😀
    Jaco Nell

Latest prediction.
    Seems like a dry race.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210620-084924_Weather%26Radar.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	619696

What you Gents say - should those sausage curbs have been removed? I think so, driver can still get a time penalty without them. Hard to watch an F1 car go Rallycross. Especially when racing, what if somebody gets pushed wide and has to take avoiding action? Hate to see a DNF due to something like this. Another thing - seems the Frenchies have an over productive blue paint industry. Would have been ok in the 70's when most everybody was smoking funny stuff......just too psychedelic for me.

Michael Masi, I get a feeling he is a bit out of his depth at times........
    Jaco Nell

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jaconell For This Useful Post:

Absolutely. Merc has shown us how important a good wingman is.
    Last edited by Beesblaas; 2021/06/20 at 09:33 AM.
    Discovery 3 V8 HSE
    Defender 90 2.8i
    Audi SQ5 Tdi
    Range Rover 4.4 V8 sold
    Audi A3T sold

Quote Originally Posted by jaconell View Post
    What you Gents say - should those sausage curbs have been removed? I think so, driver can still get a time penalty without them. Hard to watch an F1 car go Rallycross. Especially when racing, what if somebody gets pushed wide and has to take avoiding action? Hate to see a DNF due to something like this. Another thing - seems the Frenchies have an over productive blue paint industry. Would have been ok in the 70's when most everybody was smoking funny stuff......just too psychedelic for me.

Absolutely agree Jaco, but from various discussions I understand this track is used for various racing disciplines where these funny things, what we are not really used to in F1, are required to a certain degree. Those funny looking red and blue run off areas also not good for F1. Like you said, what if someone is pushed off and spins. Tyres are toast and could have a monumental influence on race results. I still prefer the traditional circuit design with sand traps. If you are able to get going without being beached then at least you are still in the race but one spin on this track and tyres look like a nylon explosion just doesn’t seem right.
    2020 Ford Everest 3.2 XLT 4x4
    2014 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4x4 Auto (sold)

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to globaljaco For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jaconell View Post

Ja those blue lines make my head spin although the gin probably contributed. I don’t like these big runoff areas, I still prefer a old school gravel trap.
    Discovery 3 V8 HSE
    Defender 90 2.8i
    Audi SQ5 Tdi
    Range Rover 4.4 V8 sold
    Audi A3T sold

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Beesblaas For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Beesblaas View Post
    Ja those blue lines make my head spin although the gin probably contributed. I don’t like these big runoff areas, I still prefer a old school gravel trap.
    I agree in the visual appeal of gravel traps, the reality is that with modern race cars with low flat bottoms they are not very effective as the car just skims across them and there is the added risk of a rollover if the car digs on.

You have further issues on maintenance (if just left they settle and compact) and cars dragging stones onto the track if they manage to get out.

Track design should be such that going off track automatically results in slower laptimes, slippery sections, saw tooth kerbs etc. Drivers exceed track limits at some circuits because its faster than staying on designated track.
    Anton Muller

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens.

2012 Q7 4.2 TDI
    Birkin SR20VET race car

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mullerza For This Useful Post:

Am I the only one thinking that a morning session in a hot hatch or sport saloon at this track would be heaven on earth.

A WK, XJ and a Ducati...

"Stil, broers,daar gaan ‘n man verby, hy groet, en dis verlaas.
    Daar’s nog maar een soos hy; bekyk hom goed."

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Rainier Vermaak For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Rainier Vermaak View Post
    Am I the only one thinking that a morning session in a hot hatch or sport saloon at this track would be heaven on earth.
    Wouldn't mind seeing the Super V8s going around this one.
    Regards,

William

4x4 'Tuna

Quote Originally Posted by Murray Walker
    “I don't make mistakes. I make prophecies which immediately turn out to be wrong.”

Those blue strips have a different grip level designed to slow down a spinning car.
    The red ones are even more aggressive. Good bye tyres when caught in there.
    Walter Rene Gygax
    Kalahari Safari
    ORRA Call:​​ WB58 | ICASA ZRF430
    Nissan Patrol GU TB45
    | Nissan Safari GU TD42 | B'rakah 4x4 Trailer
    E34 - 535i for a bit of nostalgia
    E39 - 540i for the open roads

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mr4h9esute671.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	119.5 KB 
ID:	619756
    2010 Defender Puma 90 + BAS remap + Alive IC + Slickshift + Ashcroft ATB rear
    2015 Range Rover Sport Supercharged V8 HSE Dynamic

Discovery 4 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zZ1en9

Defender Puma Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zXrtKO
    Range Rover/Sport L320/L322/L494 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zc58JQ

Quote Originally Posted by Rainier Vermaak View Post
    No selfrespecting petrolhead can say no to that. But its got to be something with lots of poke and rear wheel drive (BMW M2). Plus that special traction control button which allows nice slides without getting out of hand. I most certainly have a puerile fixation on something like this (clearly you have left an educational impression on me in extending my vocab😄&#128516. Enjoy the race👍👍.
    Jaco Nell

Just quick question about F1TV.

I tried to subscribe to the monthly package but the bank wants me to approve 499 payment.
    Why the choice if I still have to pay the full amount?
    '07 Land Rover Defender 110 TDI 300 Kalahari (Meisiekind²)
    '84 Land Rover Defender 110 V8 4-speed Hardtop (Meisiekind) Sold after 12 years of fun and hard work.
    The only thing needed for evil to triumph is for a good man to do nothing.

Has Red Bull just pulled a Mercedes-Benz on Mercedes-Benz? The last 16 laps will tell.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to RoelfleRoux For This Useful Post: