Page 364 of 450 FirstFirst ... 114 264 314 339 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 389 414 ... LastLast
Results 7,261 to 7,280 of 8986

Thread: F1 - 2021

  1. #7261
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,312
    Thanked: 3494

    Default Re: F1 - 2021

    In clean air, not many cars can match the MB, but yesterday confirmed it. They cannot follow in dirty air.

    It wasn't built to be behind another car
    Always think: Could this be sarcasm?

    André Opperman

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Oppies3800 For This Useful Post:


  3. #7262
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Oral
    Age
    63
    Posts
    2,141
    Thanked: 1160

    Default Re: F1 - 2021

    That move from Max where he pushed Lewis off the track by almost driving into him is exactly the kind of behaviour that make me not like him. He fluffed the start and then tried to push Lewis off the track? Not sporting.


    C
    If you ain't livin on the edge, you're taking up too much space!

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to C Africa For This Useful Post:


  5. #7263
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    White River
    Age
    34
    Posts
    579
    Thanked: 955

    Default Re: F1 - 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by C Africa View Post
    That move from Max where he pushed Lewis off the track by almost driving into him is exactly the kind of behaviour that make me not like him. He fluffed the start and then tried to push Lewis off the track? Not sporting.


    C
    I am a fan of neither driver... it is however extremely refreshing to see a title battle of the ages and with two different constructors involved. These two drivers are on a completely different level compared to the rest. I find it amazing how they can race as hard as they do, yet you could almost count both their mistakes in this season on one hand combined.

    Having said that, if you look at all the drivers you will find that they have all done on countless occasions what you describe as your reason for disliking Verstappen. Take your blinkers off
    Mike

    Out in the bush!

    2012 Amarok with a transfer case
    1956 Series 1 (now in boxes, Covid delayed the rebuild)
    1999 Land Cruiser 105 EFI

  6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to AfricainHD For This Useful Post:


  7. #7264
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Molopo
    Posts
    502
    Thanked: 555

    Default Re: F1 - 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by C Africa View Post
    That move from Max where he pushed Lewis off the track by almost driving into him is exactly the kind of behaviour that make me not like him. He fluffed the start and then tried to push Lewis off the track? Not sporting.


    C
    This is quite normal at the start of the majority of races and has been so for the last 20 years, irrespective of who the polesitter was.
    Last edited by HannoK; 2021/10/25 at 06:57 AM.

  8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HannoK For This Useful Post:


  9. #7265
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Roodepoort
    Age
    31
    Posts
    37
    Thanked: 14

    Default Re: F1 - 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by HannoK View Post
    Happy for Perez, but I wanted him to be little closer to LH to make that second stop of LH little tighter. But he just didn't have the speed to keep up with the 2 leaders.
    Decent performances from both Ferrari and McLaren.
    wanted the same - but hearing that he had no water after a few laps, i think he did as best he could.
    Toy: 2017 KTM XC-W 300
    Daily: 2011 VW Ama(t)rok D/C a.k.a Badger

  10. #7266
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Oasis
    Posts
    1,632
    Thanked: 8649

    Default Re: F1 - 2021

    I didn't watch the whole race, but when I saw Verstappen and Perez entering the pits early, and Lewis kept on going (for 3 laps I believe), I knew this would be won on strategy.

    The undercut was a good idea.
    Cheers
    Willem Greyling

    Frikkie is my pel en ek erken dit...
    Ja die mense se ou Frikkie is 'n tappet...
    Tune tune baboon

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Woestyn Willem For This Useful Post:


  12. #7267
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Wilropark
    Age
    36
    Posts
    45
    Thanked: 75

    Default Re: F1 - 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by C Africa View Post
    That move from Max where he pushed Lewis off the track by almost driving into him is exactly the kind of behaviour that make me not like him. He fluffed the start and then tried to push Lewis off the track? Not sporting.


    C
    Balls to the wall racing. Bring it on

  13. #7268
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Molopo
    Posts
    502
    Thanked: 555

    Default Re: F1 - 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by Mia225 View Post
    wanted the same - but hearing that he had no water after a few laps, i think he did as best he could.
    Agree.. Listening to interviews after the race it was clear that he had a tough one!

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to HannoK For This Useful Post:


  15. #7269
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,128
    Thanked: 1781

    Default Re: F1 - 2021

    We had load shedding from 21h00 to 23h00.

    Watched the highlights this morning on youtube, so cannot comment on anything that happened in the race.

    LH silent on the radio post race. I wonder if he is starting to think his 8th title is slowly slipping away. First time in the hybrid era that someone else took pole and a win in Austin on a Merc dominated track. Bodes well for the rest of the season for RB.

    I must admit, when I saw LH take the lead after turn 1, I thought he might pull away and win. But so glad MV drove well and the team's strategy paid off.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to IcePick88 For This Useful Post:


  17. #7270
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Postmasburg
    Age
    45
    Posts
    703
    Thanked: 659

    Default Re: F1 - 2021

    Lots if rumours of more engine changes for MB.

  18. #7271
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,128
    Thanked: 1781

    Default Re: F1 - 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by Mapog View Post
    Lots if rumours of more engine changes for MB.
    Other customers also unhappy about the reliability issues with the Merc engine and there seems to be a stock problem at Mercedes.

    https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/96858...rom-honda.html

    https://www.racefans.net/2021/10/22/...ility-problem/

  19. #7272
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Ballito
    Posts
    642
    Thanked: 2951

    Default Re: F1 - 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by C Africa View Post
    That move from Max where he pushed Lewis off the track by almost driving into him is exactly the kind of behaviour that make me not like him. He fluffed the start and then tried to push Lewis off the track? Not sporting.


    C
    Show me a limp-wristed contender for the World Championship........it is hard racing and that is it. Believe me, if it was untoward Mr Massi & Co would have been all over Max like Angie is over Lewis.
    Jaco Nell

  20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jaconell For This Useful Post:


  21. #7273
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Roodepoort
    Age
    65
    Posts
    2,028
    Thanked: 6055

    Default Re: F1 - 2021

    Merc clearly have an issue. I just wonder if there is some development going on using VB to test. He has used more engines that other. In theory all engines should be the same but in reality rules allow engine changes.

    In the past engine reliability was more to do what the driver did. Today computers and sensors rule the world.

    Kimi was right. He was swearing at the team couple weeks back for not getting the simplest item in the car - water bottle, to work properly. Again at least one driver was without working drinking system. These issues are quite common.

    Quote Originally Posted by IcePick88 View Post
    Other customers also unhappy about the reliability issues with the Merc engine and there seems to be a stock problem at Mercedes.

    https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/96858...rom-honda.html

    https://www.racefans.net/2021/10/22/...ility-problem/
    Jouko
    ----------
    2003 Grand Cherokee 4.7l
    2012 Smart
    Never drive a normal car 8)

  22. #7274
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Ballito
    Posts
    642
    Thanked: 2951

    Default Re: F1 - 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by Jouko View Post
    Merc clearly have an issue. I just wonder if there is some development going on using VB to test. He has used more engines that other. In theory all engines should be the same but in reality rules allow engine changes.

    In the past engine reliability was more to do what the driver did. Today computers and sensors rule the world.

    Kimi was right. He was swearing at the team couple weeks back for not getting the simplest item in the car - water bottle, to work properly. Again at least one driver was without working drinking system. These issues are quite common.
    Without getting into the details - I think it is simplistic. MB has to wring every available horse from their units to keep Lewis in touch with Max.

    I still believe on an open track the MB has the edge over the RB - although very small.

    If Lewis had won this weekend I would have weighted the chances of him becoming an 8th time WC at a very high possibility. Max winning was against the odds in my books - methinks Lewis is in big trouble.
    Jaco Nell

  23. #7275
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Kempton Park
    Age
    56
    Posts
    89
    Thanked: 43

    Default Re: F1 - 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by jaconell View Post
    Show me a limp-wristed contender for the World Championship........it is hard racing and that is it. Believe me, if it was untoward Mr Massi & Co would have been all over Max like Angie is over Lewis.
    Agreed, most starts involve some form of squeezing.
    Look where LH put Max on the exit of that 1st corner. Max nearly went to P4 on that corner.

  24. #7276
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Strand
    Posts
    260
    Thanked: 185

    Default Re: F1 - 2021

    those last laps were tense.

    But what about CLC! he was not being caught by the Mclarens - and for good measure maintained his gap to Perez - i am liking where the Ferrari's are headed. Bodes good for next year!

    Well done RB and MV - well played strategy!

    On track action at the front was not much, but the midfield had plenty action - overtake/give back/etc.
    '01 HB DC 3.2D 4X4 (SE)

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to N0ddy For This Useful Post:


  26. #7277
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    53
    Posts
    5,670
    Thanked: 4980

    Default Re: F1 - 2021

    Awesome GR chat.

    LOVE the idea of a transparent helmet...

    https://youtu.be/rc0oQ2wCud4


    My Jeep is like the Ship of Theseus...

  27. #7278
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Ballito
    Posts
    642
    Thanked: 2951

    Default Re: F1 - 2021

    I am going to ask a question which is rethorical - I know - and I am honestly taking of my cap as a Max supporter.

    Has the chase for the crown now swung in Max's favour? Any idea what odds the bookies are giving both Max & Lewis to become the WC this year? Because if I was a bookie I would reckon Max must have around a 55% chance and Lewis around 45% as it stands now. Much thumb-sucking for sure.

    These last few races are going to create mega-thrilling moments, I will really have to find a way to maintain a semblance of calm. How these guys (Max and Lewis) remain so composed is beyond me.
    Jaco Nell

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to jaconell For This Useful Post:


  29. #7279
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Robertson/ Larissa, Greece
    Age
    57
    Posts
    6,466
    Thanked: 5987

    Default Re: F1 - 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by jaconell View Post
    I am going to ask a question which is rethorical - I know - and I am honestly taking of my cap as a Max supporter.

    Has the chase for the crown now swung in Max's favour? Any idea what odds the bookies are giving both Max & Lewis to become the WC this year? Because if I was a bookie I would reckon Max must have around a 55% chance and Lewis around 45% as it stands now. Much thumb-sucking for sure.

    These last few races are going to create mega-thrilling moments, I will really have to find a way to maintain a semblance of calm. How these guys (Max and Lewis) remain so composed is beyond me.
    After the last race before US, I said it will be the last one LH will not win this year. RB turned it all on its head on Sunday. I think everybody thought that the US race was one MB should win and they didn't. So yes I think the odds have swung heavily in favour of RB.
    There is never a right time to do the wrong thing and never a wrong time to do the right thing!

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to Francois Theron For This Useful Post:


  31. #7280
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    63
    Posts
    1,885
    Thanked: 1019

    Default Re: F1 - 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by jaconell View Post
    I am going to ask a question which is rethorical - I know - and I am honestly taking of my cap as a Max supporter.

    Has the chase for the crown now swung in Max's favour? Any idea what odds the bookies are giving both Max & Lewis to become the WC this year? Because if I was a bookie I would reckon Max must have around a 55% chance and Lewis around 45% as it stands now. Much thumb-sucking for sure.

    These last few races are going to create mega-thrilling moments, I will really have to find a way to maintain a semblance of calm. How these guys (Max and Lewis) remain so composed is beyond me.
    Personally I think only reliability or tactical blunders can take it away from Max this year.

  32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to faniedup For This Useful Post:


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •