Page 1 of 193 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 26 51 101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 7177

Thread: F1 - 2021

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Port Elizabeth
    Age
    37
    Posts
    5,954
    Thanked: 2455

    Default F1 - 2021

    I think it is a good time to start a 2021 thread. What a way to start by mentioning a new signing for the 2021 season.

    https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...MQYZBkKSj.html
    Sent from my iPhone


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Benoni
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,569
    Thanked: 3808

    Default Re: F1 - 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel 4x4 View Post
    I think it is a good time to start a 2021 thread. What a way to start by mentioning a new signing for the 2021 season.

    https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...MQYZBkKSj.html
    Another kid in F1 with a billionaire father. He has shown some flashes of brilliance but is not one of the top F2 drivers IMHO.
    Anton Muller

    "That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens.

    2020 X3 M40i
    Birkin SR20VET race car

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Port Elizabeth
    Age
    37
    Posts
    5,954
    Thanked: 2455

    Default Re: F1 - 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by mullerza View Post
    Another kid in F1 with a billionaire father. He has shown some flashes of brilliance but is not one of the top F2 drivers IMHO.
    You are correct, there is a lot of money involved. I think it has to do with sponsoring etc. for Haas.

    I mentioned in the 2020 thread, F1 has become a playground for businessmen, not good drivers anymore.
    Sent from my iPhone


  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rebel 4x4 For This Useful Post:


  5. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Benoni
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,569
    Thanked: 3808

    Default Re: F1 - 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel 4x4 View Post
    You are correct, there is a lot of money involved. I think it has to do with sponsoring etc. for Haas.

    I mentioned in the 2020 thread, F1 has become a playground for businessmen, not good drivers anymore.
    Pay drivers have a long history in F1

    But lets be honest, nobody gets into racing that dont have some money in the family (forget lewis's rags to riches PR story - yes his dad wasn't rich but they weren't poor either). Karting is expensive so without the basic finances you simply will net get a chance to even show what you are capable of. We potentially have a thousand Senna's in Sao Paulo that will never get the chance to get onto a race track.

    So even the big pool of drivers we have in the various top international series are all coming from guessing the top 5% (probably less) of the world population as it is.
    Anton Muller

    "That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens.

    2020 X3 M40i
    Birkin SR20VET race car

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Robertson/ Larissa, Greece
    Age
    57
    Posts
    6,353
    Thanked: 5604

    Default Re: F1 - 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by mullerza View Post
    Pay drivers have a long history in F1

    But lets be honest, nobody gets into racing that dont have some money in the family (forget lewis's rags to riches PR story - yes his dad wasn't rich but they weren't poor either). Karting is expensive so without the basic finances you simply will net get a chance to even show what you are capable of. We potentially have a thousand Senna's in Sao Paulo that will never get the chance to get onto a race track.

    So even the big pool of drivers we have in the various top international series are all coming from guessing the top 5% (probably less) of the world population as it is.
    Agree to an extend. There is a difference though in having the money to support a potential driver through karting, F3, F2 etc until he proves good enough to race in F1 and just buying a seat in F1.
    There is never a right time to do the wrong thing and never a wrong time to do the right thing!

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Francois Theron For This Useful Post:


  8. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Ballito
    Posts
    555
    Thanked: 2431

    Default Re: F1 - 2021

    Thread for 2021 already - time flies.

    In that case then - well done Sir Lewis on an eight title.
    Jaco Nell

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jaconell For This Useful Post:


  10. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Port Elizabeth
    Age
    37
    Posts
    5,954
    Thanked: 2455

    Default F1 - 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by Francois Theron View Post
    Agree to an extend. There is a difference though in having the money to support a potential driver through karting, F3, F2 etc until he proves good enough to race in F1 and just buying a seat in F1.
    This reminds me of another F3 driver I follow. She is Sophia Floersch. You might recall her stunt (flying accident) a few years back in F3 (she was 17 or 18 at that stage).

    She is very vocal about the fees (or costs) involved to be in F3 and F2. As mentioned by another member, you might have a lot of Senna’s in Sau Paulo but because of their financial background they can’t afford a seat.

    Hopefully this sort of thing will be addressed in the future to allow more diversity in this regard.
    Last edited by Rebel 4x4; 2020/12/01 at 12:13 PM.
    Sent from my iPhone


  11. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gaborone
    Age
    71
    Posts
    7,121
    Thanked: 1479

    Default Re: F1 - 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel 4x4 View Post
    You are correct, there is a lot of money involved. I think it has to do with sponsoring etc. for Haas.

    I mentioned in the 2020 thread, F1 has become a playground for businessmen, not good drivers anymore.

    It is a matter of time until the Haas team will be renamed as URALKALI, clearly Mazepin Sen. has a say from now on.

    I also guess that Ferrari must up their game if they will stay as engine suppliers to this team. But this projection is more for 2022
    Walter Rene Gygax
    Kalahari Safari
    ORRA Call: WB58 | ICASA ZRF430
    Nissan Patrol GU TB45
    | Nissan Safari GU TD42 | B'rakah 4x4 Trailer
    E34 - 535i for a bit of nostalgia
    E39 - 540i for the open roads

  12. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,277
    Thanked: 3264

    Default Re: F1 - 2021

    Haas did mention they are willing to back youngsters with cash
    Always think: Could this be sarcasm?

    André Opperman

  13. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Gaborone
    Age
    71
    Posts
    7,121
    Thanked: 1479

    Default Re: F1 - 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by Oppies3800 View Post
    Haas did mention they are willing to back youngsters with cash

    Well, if it is what it is, then Mazepin has more or less bought the Haas outfit, similar to Lawrence Stroll when the other team was still Force India.

    It does not mean 100% ownership but a good portion to have the say.
    Walter Rene Gygax
    Kalahari Safari
    ORRA Call: WB58 | ICASA ZRF430
    Nissan Patrol GU TB45
    | Nissan Safari GU TD42 | B'rakah 4x4 Trailer
    E34 - 535i for a bit of nostalgia
    E39 - 540i for the open roads

  14. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    210
    Thanked: 142

    Default Re: F1 - 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel 4x4 View Post
    You are correct, there is a lot of money involved. I think it has to do with sponsoring etc. for Haas.

    I mentioned in the 2020 thread, F1 has become a playground for businessmen, not good drivers anymore.
    Is that not true for all sports?
    Discovery Landrover 3 tdv6 2008
    Volvo S40 T5 2006

  15. #12
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    53
    Posts
    510
    Thanked: 586

    Default Re: F1 - 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by mullerza View Post
    Another kid in F1 with a billionaire father. He has shown some flashes of brilliance but is not one of the top F2 drivers IMHO.
    This more describes him .....

    "Generally extreme entitlement devolving into being a douche. He's a chaotic Russian version of Stroll.

    Off the top of my head: Race ban in F3 for punching / assaulting Illot; threatening to "out" Russell during Nurburging weekend; threw a hissy fit @ spa when he got a time penalty and managed to launch the marker board almost into a passer by; rumours of e-harrassing women; He's been known to be a fucking dick on team radio... combine Hamilton's 'whineyness' with Max's blue streak / bluntness, and multiply 2x."

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Howie-WP For This Useful Post:


  17. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Robertson/ Larissa, Greece
    Age
    57
    Posts
    6,353
    Thanked: 5604

    Default Re: F1 - 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by Howie-WP View Post
    This more describes him .....

    "Generally extreme entitlement devolving into being a douche. He's a chaotic Russian version of Stroll.

    Off the top of my head: Race ban in F3 for punching / assaulting Illot; threatening to "out" Russell during Nurburging weekend; threw a hissy fit @ spa when he got a time penalty and managed to launch the marker board almost into a passer by; rumours of e-harrassing women; He's been known to be a fucking dick on team radio... combine Hamilton's 'whineyness' with Max's blue streak / bluntness, and multiply 2x."
    Yes I don't have high hopes for young Mazepin
    There is never a right time to do the wrong thing and never a wrong time to do the right thing!

  18. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Stellenbosch
    Posts
    2,634
    Thanked: 1720

    Default Re: F1 - 2021

    Mick Schumacher to race for Haas in 2021 as famous surname returns to F1 grid: https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...e91lvWVwJ.html

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	129028908_1956728774484095_3405237930819854131_o.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	109.5 KB 
ID:	597756
    2010 Defender Puma 90 + BAS remap + Alive IC + Slickshift + Ashcroft ATB rear
    2015 Range Rover Sport Supercharged V8 HSE Dynamic



    Discovery 4 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zZ1en9

    Defender Puma Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zXrtKO
    Range Rover/Sport L320/L322/L494 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zc58JQ

  19. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    CPT
    Posts
    210
    Thanked: 492

    Default Re: F1 - 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by Orxy View Post
    Mick Schumacher to race for Haas in 2021 as famous surname returns to F1 grid: https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...e91lvWVwJ.html

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	129028908_1956728774484095_3405237930819854131_o.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	109.5 KB 
ID:	597756
    I personally hope that Mick can make a name for himself in his own right as a race driver. To be the son of one of the GOAT's does come with added exposure, expectations and always being compared to "what his dad achieved". For me he is a another new race driver with the surname Schumacher, nothing else.
    2016 Ford Ranger XL DC 4x4 - Die kar agter die donkie
    2009 Mitsubishi Triton DC 4x2 - Sold

  20. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    New Germany
    Age
    51
    Posts
    1,653
    Thanked: 1084

    Default Re: F1 - 2021

    Rather not comment on this knight hood 😡😡😡😡😡
    1995 300TDi Defender with VGT Turbo (stolen by my son now )
    2002 Defender with LS1 MS3 ECU, 4L80e, LT230 1.222, Lockers and HD CW&P, 35" with 4" Lift
    2005 Defender TD5

  21. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Stellenbosch
    Posts
    2,634
    Thanked: 1720

    Default Re: F1 - 2021

    https://insideracing.com/formula-1/14142

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_Berry_SAUDI_ARABIA_F1_CIRCUIT_FILM_ENGLISH_1920x1080_00_00_21_03.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	436.9 KB 
ID:	609476

    "... Located on the Corniche alongside the Red Sea, the Jeddah Street Circuit is set to be the longest city layout on the current calendar at 6.175km, and the fastest with a predicted average speed of 250kph.

    Including all the circuits, only Spa-Francorchamps is longer and Monza is faster.

    Officially, the track also has the most corners of any circuit with 27, has the potential for three DRS zones and runs in an anti-clockwise direction, with the start/finish straight located on the top-right of the image above.

    The Grand Prix race distance will be 50 laps and a lap-time of 1m28s is predicted in qualifying.

    This year's inaugural race weekend is set to be the penultimate of the 2021 F1 season on December 3-5. ..."
    2010 Defender Puma 90 + BAS remap + Alive IC + Slickshift + Ashcroft ATB rear
    2015 Range Rover Sport Supercharged V8 HSE Dynamic



    Discovery 4 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zZ1en9

    Defender Puma Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zXrtKO
    Range Rover/Sport L320/L322/L494 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zc58JQ

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Orxy For This Useful Post:


  23. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Strand
    Posts
    256
    Thanked: 168

    Default Re: F1 - 2021

    That circuit does look the business.
    Will it make history ? (tic)
    I don't know...

    Who will come out tops given the track layout and dynamics?
    i don't know...

    but i do know - we have a long wait for December still hahaha

    come 26 March already
    '01 HB DC 3.2D 4X4 (SE)

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to N0ddy For This Useful Post:


  25. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    CPT
    Posts
    210
    Thanked: 492

    Default Re: F1 - 2021

    Merc's response to the Bahrain testing...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8ls4aRgrvw
    2016 Ford Ranger XL DC 4x4 - Die kar agter die donkie
    2009 Mitsubishi Triton DC 4x2 - Sold

  26. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Krugersdorp
    Age
    47
    Posts
    631
    Thanked: 1023

    Default Re: F1 - 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by Orxy View Post
    https://insideracing.com/formula-1/14142

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_Berry_SAUDI_ARABIA_F1_CIRCUIT_FILM_ENGLISH_1920x1080_00_00_21_03.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	436.9 KB 
ID:	609476

    "... Located on the Corniche alongside the Red Sea, the Jeddah Street Circuit is set to be the longest city layout on the current calendar at 6.175km, and the fastest with a predicted average speed of 250kph.

    Including all the circuits, only Spa-Francorchamps is longer and Monza is faster.

    Officially, the track also has the most corners of any circuit with 27, has the potential for three DRS zones and runs in an anti-clockwise direction, with the start/finish straight located on the top-right of the image above.

    The Grand Prix race distance will be 50 laps and a lap-time of 1m28s is predicted in qualifying.

    This year's inaugural race weekend is set to be the penultimate of the 2021 F1 season on December 3-5. ..."
    On this simulation it looks very narrow. I sincerely trust that it will be wider to enable some overtaking.

    Last edited by JS-V8; 2021/03/18 at 05:23 PM.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to JS-V8 For This Useful Post:


Page 1 of 193 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 26 51 101 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •