Page 113 of 173 FirstFirst ... 13 63 88 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 138 163 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 3453

Thread: F1 - 2021

Default Re: F1 - 2021

Quote Originally Posted by HannoK View Post
    4th race of the season and I reckon that is the championship done.
    Sent from my iPhone

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rebel 4x4 For This Useful Post:

I think RB realized today you need a TOTAL package to beat MB and LHThey still have not got itThis year the crown is safe with MB

Not nice but my take of this years championship.
    2012 RR TDV8 4.4
    2006 TDV6 SE A/T(Sold)
    2013 Bush Lapa Boskriek B142 met CKGR strepe
    2008 FL2 TD4 SE A/T
    1968 Renault 8 Gordini

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DiscoFrans For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MariusFourie View Post
    Dont write off RB just yet

Posted with hopes, wishes and dreams.
    I share the same hopes, wishes and dreams (and this from a Ferrari supporter)
    Sent from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by HannoK View Post
    4th race of the season and I reckon that is the championship done.
    Nope.
    Jaco Nell

I am also a Ferrari supporter and happy that they are on the up. My second team is RB!
    I don't care much who wins but I was just really hoping for something different this year. MB and LH winning so easy is getting really stale.
    When MB started is was also one of their supporters but as time went on I just couldn't support them anymore. They just became too dominant.
    Not taking anything away from their achievements, bit this is not good for F1.
    And they way the season is heading again I can see myself not worry much if I miss a GP on a Sunday.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to HannoK For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jaconell View Post
    Nope.
    Agree to disagree.. Let's see by end of season

11. The Following User Says Thank You to HannoK For This Useful Post:

Its close, damn close!

And only after 4 races.
    # 5 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS 2015
    # 4 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport 2013 trade in
    # 3 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport 2011 good trade
    # 2 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport 2010 did not aquaplane so well
    # 1 Mitsubishi Colt 2005 with 3.2 DID (160kw WOW!)
    Jurgens Xplorer 2013 (new retirement home)
    Challenger Wilderness "The Penthouse" (sold and will be sorely missed)
    Platkar 1: BMW 118 (SWAMBO)
    Platkar 2: Nissan 200 SX (Retirement project)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mitsu Fan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoFrans View Post
    I think RB realized today you need a TOTAL package to beat MB and LHThey still have not got itThis year the crown is safe with MB

Not nice but my take of this years championship.
    These last 2 races were said to suit the Mercs. If RB could this close now, it could get even closer in some if the other races.
    In fact, I predict they'll take Monaco.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to shady For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MariusFourie View Post
    Dont write off RB just yet

Posted with hopes, wishes and dreams.
    No problem with this. May be keep on dreaming

Red Bull were soundly beaten today, frankly MB put ears on RB. Lewis drove a great race, the strategy was excellent as they caught RB napping and the pit stops were better.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andrew Leigh For This Useful Post:

Breezed through the race again this morning.

Did this race prove that LH is an all-round slightly better driver?

Let's look at some aspects:
    The move on MV was purely a huge tyre advantage brought on by a much better strategy. So that certainly does not prove it.
    The pole on Sat? It was so close, it could have gone either way, so no. (Though I must say he does very often JUST pip the competition) but they're in different cars , so I don't think you can really make a call on it.

The first corner.
    What skill to go around there with both cars fitting into each other like tetris pieces and not crashing.
    But here's where it gets interesting. If the roles had been reversed, would MV have yielded and lived to fight another day? Objectively, no. History has proven this.

Having said that, LH probably also would not have, in his younger years. But right now, with his balance of maturity, speed, race-craft, skill, and form, IMHO he may be slightly slower than Max over 1 lap, but he's the complete package, in his prime, and the results speak for themselves.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shady For This Useful Post:

Mercs strategy basically won them the race on Saturday when the kept the extra set of mediums for Sunday.....this sort of robbed us of a good race with LH right behind MV with tyres that were four laps better, that said its not an easy track to overtake so who knows?
    FJC - Just Cruising

yip, that was a show of a complete team, working in unison, with a great pilot at the helm, taking the p1ss at an RB team, that once was on the very level when it came to strategy.
    And on the day they needed it most, they failed to do a super-pit-stop. i mean, 4seconds?
    if they kept it at two, they could have stop MV at the very next roundabout and MAYBE come out ahead of LH.
    And the MAYBE is what they were afraid of, but that would have, theoretically been a better strategy than staying out until 6 laps from the end to be eaten up by none other than yours truLy...

Glad the scarlett cars are doing way better than last year
    '01 HB DC 3.2D 4X4 (SE)

23. The Following User Says Thank You to N0ddy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by shady View Post
    Breezed through the race again this morning.

Let's look at some aspects:
    The move on MV was purely a huge tyre advantage brought on by a much better strategy. So that certainly does not prove it.
    The pole on Sat? It was so close, it could have gone either way, so no. (Though I must say he does very often JUST pip the competition) but they're in different cars , so I don't think you can really make a call on it.

The first corner.
    What skill to go around there with both cars fitting into each other like tetris pieces and not crashing.
    But here's where it gets interesting. If the roles had been reversed, would MV have yielded and lived to fight another day? Objectively, no. History has proven this.

Having said that, LH probably also would not have, in his younger years. But right now, with his balance of maturity, speed, race-craft, skill, and form, IMHO he may be slightly slower than Max over 1 lap, but he's the complete package, in his prime, and the results speak for themselves.
    Fair comment.

I believe that a lot of supporters still view Max as the loose cannon he most certainly was when he 1st burst onto the F1 scene.

Look at Max's more recent history. He has become much more measured and understands the importance of finishing a race.

He has always had the pace, he has added experience and wisdom that only comes from having been in F1 a few seasons now. Once he adds the final touch of very polished racecraft (which is not sorely lacking at all), he will be the equal to Lewis in all aspects.

What he cannot add is horsepower to the Honda, a Bono and lekker Kiwi blonde and a teammate that has his back. He will have to do most of it himself.
    Jaco Nell

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jaconell For This Useful Post:

I just think it's going to be another Mercedes affair this year, purely because Max does not have backup in the form of another RB in the mix up front.

Mercedes is the complete well oiled machine.
    RB not so much at the moment. They have a guy who is able to run up front, then another driver who runs in the midfield. You can't defend a two on one.
    My ryding: 'n Ding met 4 rubber sirkels en n enjin wat nou en dan aangedryf word met al 4 sirkels

Quote Originally Posted by N0ddy View Post
    yip, that was a show of a complete team, working in unison, with a great pilot at the helm, taking the p1ss at an RB team, that once was on the very level when it came to strategy.
    And on the day they needed it most, they failed to do a super-pit-stop. i mean, 4seconds?
    if they kept it at two, they could have stop MV at the very next roundabout and MAYBE come out ahead of LH.
    And the MAYBE is what they were afraid of, but that would have, theoretically been a better strategy than staying out until 6 laps from the end to be eaten up by none other than yours truLy...

Glad the scarlett cars are doing way better than last year
    Verstappen came in unscheduled according to Horner. http://www.formula1.com/en/latest/ar...BPOdzuKYp.html

But I agree, it comes down to strategy and RB was caught napping, and maybe Verstappen could at least have given them a heads up at Turn 13 to get the tyres ready.

Hope Ferrari can keep up this upwards trajectory, maybe make the curve a bit steeper

28. The Following User Says Thank You to TheManiac For This Useful Post:

My view of where Max and RB screwed up on Sunday was when Max did some very hot laps just after his pitstop to fend off a a possible overcut by Sir LH. By putting in some hammer time on his old tyres, LH forced Max to do this, taking huge life out of Max's tyres. After LH pitted and put on his first set of yellows, he again pushed Max to use more life out of his older yellows. So by the time LH pitted for his second set of yellows, he had forced Max twice into burning his tyres to the edge and could just cruise past Max. Max simply pitted to early and worked his tyres to hard just after pitting. Nothing to do with car speed in my opinion, just poor strategy.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 340 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by shady View Post
    Yes he is, he seldom if ever gets credit for his driving, we always attribute other factors to his success. Always the car, the strategy. Check his racing lines, check the economy of steering movement, check his ability to slice through traffic.

I would just love to see them in the same car to settle this debate for once and for all. I firmly believe that Lewis would win 7 out of every 10 races.

When racing against two other World Champions, Jenson and Nico, the best they were able to get was a 44% and a 40% winning ratio respectively against Lewis, this in the same car and includes the seasons they won their respective titles.

We always ask what if Max was in a Mercedes. I want to know, what of Lewis was in a Red Bull, could the Red Bull go faster?

Lewis to me is the standard to beat, not Max.

As far as the one lap argument goes. I think it is more than self evident that Lewis is king of the one lap in the modern era.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Andrew Leigh For This Useful Post:

Surprising how little talk there is about Bottas defying team orders to the extent that Lewis had to make a passing move on him.

He is not willing to play ultimate wingman anymore. Might come and bite MB in the ass in the near future.