Page 183 of 264 FirstFirst ... 83 133 158 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 208 233 ... LastLast
Results 3,641 to 3,660 of 5268

Thread: F1 - 2021

Default Re: F1 - 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Highryder View Post
    No...

The Sir GOAT should be making up for MB lack of performance, he is after all the GOAT.
    Another HDS sufferer.

Really spoiling this thread for the rest of us with childish name calling…

A WK, XJ and a Ducati...

"Stil, broers,daar gaan ‘n man verby, hy groet, en dis verlaas.
    Daar’s nog maar een soos hy; bekyk hom goed."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rainier Vermaak For This Useful Post:

Default F1 - 2021

Nico also pointed this out, why did Lewis not close the door or at least put up a fight?

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...IuPS68P3rgQhWY
    Last edited by Rebel 4x4; 2021/06/20 at 08:05 PM.
    Sent from my iPhone

What a awesome race.
    MadMax had a slightly slower race car but still crushed Lewis.
    MB are showing huge cracks and will find it hard to fight back with 2 more to go in this block.
    Max just showed if he had a car close to the level (although stil behind) of MB he could have been a world champion by now.
    This is going to be a cracker of a season

Quote Originally Posted by Rainier Vermaak View Post
    Another HDS sufferer.

Here is the thing, obviously I am a 7th Dan Max Fan. BUT......I understand that any victory for him would be fairly hollow right now if Lewis was not around. In fact, it is vitaly important for Max to get the upper hand over Lewis, obviously while Lewis is still around. In time to come that will become the bragging right to end all bragging rights in F1. Because you have gotten the better of a 7 time World Champ at the peak of his prowess. And please, do not start the BS that Lewis only had to pitch to win all of them (only 6 - just joking 😇😇🤣&#129315. He became WC because he was the best.

So in short, as a Maxifosi, thank the heavens for Lewis. As a fan of F1, thank the heavens for Lewis. For a great season so far, here is to Lewis AND Max.

And as far as I am concerned, there is no more than 1 maybe 2 / 10 ths between the Red Bulls and Mercs currently. Victory at the moment will probably go the most educated right foot.

But I have to get this in - if you are in a camp (driver or team or both) "opposing" Max, man, you are in for a tough time😛😛😛😛😛😛😛😛😛😛
    Jaco Nell

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jaconell For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jaconell View Post
    Here is the thing, obviously I am a 7th Dan Max Fan. BUT......I understand that any victory for him would be fairly hollow right now if Lewis was not around. In fact, it is vitaly important for Max to get the upper hand over Lewis, obviously while Lewis is still around. In time to come that will become the bragging right to end all bragging rights in F1. Because you have gotten the better of a 7 time World Champ at the peak of his prowess. And please, do not start the BS that Lewis only had to pitch to win all of them (only 6 - just joking 😇😇🤣&#129315. He became WC because he was the best.

So in short, as a Maxifosi, thank the heavens for Lewis. As a fan of F1, thank the heavens for Lewis. For a great season so far, here is to Lewis AND Max.

And as far as I am concerned, there is no more than 1 maybe 2 / 10 ths between the Red Bulls and Mercs currently. Victory at the moment will probably go the most educated right foot.

But I have to get this in - if you are in a camp (driver or team or both) "opposing" Max, man, you are in for a tough time😛😛😛😛😛😛😛😛😛😛
    Hammer. Nail.

F1 has been in dire need of a proper fight at the head of the championship.

I think most of us that are non-Hamilton fans are actually just irritated that he had no-one to really challenge him all these years(since Rosberg pipped him to the title).

This season feels significantly different to most previous ones.
    2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0CRD

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FatPlant For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FatPlant View Post
    Hammer. Nail.

F1 has been in dire need of a proper fight at the head of the championship.

I think most of us that are non-Hamilton fans are actually just irritated that he had no-one to really challenge him all these years(since Rosberg pipped him to the title).

This season feels significantly different to most previous ones.
    Sad thing is, Vettel had Lewis pinned a couple of seasons ago, then for some reason self-destructed. Seb, in my mind, I remember as the guy who did not bring it home for Ferrari, rather than the 4 times WC he was at RB. Same with Alonso. Now, I have way more time for Seb than Alonso, but I will hazard Alonso "was" the better driver of the 2. By some margin, probably.
    Jaco Nell

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jaconell For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Highryder View Post
    No...

The Sir GOAT should be making up for MB lack of performance, he is after all the GOAT.
    So why did Max not make up for RB poor performance over past seasons. Most on this thread think he is the best thing since sliced bread and certainly better than Lewis. We have different standards it would appear when assessing Lewis and Max. Lewis was a very creditable second, had a good race but tire strategy won the day. Lewis' abilities have not suddenly fallen of the cliff.

We need to try remove bias from our opinions. When Max's RB was not on the pace then all accepted that the car was not good enough, did not hear any chirp that Max needed to up his game.

The big wheel is turning and it looks like RBR is at least comparable / a little better than MB. Max did not suddenly become brilliant.

Lewis' record is impeccable, statistically and arguably he is the best driver of the modern era. I accept that irrespective of my personal opinion of him.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Andrew Leigh For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Leigh View Post
    So why did Max not make up for RB poor performance over past seasons. Most on this thread think he is the best thing since sliced bread and certainly better than Lewis. We have different standards it would appear when assessing Lewis and Max. Lewis was a very creditable second, had a good race but tire strategy won the day. Lewis' abilities have not suddenly fallen of the cliff.

We need to try remove bias from our opinions. When Max's RB was not on the pace then all accepted that the car was not good enough, did not hear any chirp that Max needed to up his game.

The big wheel is turning and it looks like RBR is at least comparable / a little better than MB. Max did not suddenly become brilliant.

Lewis' record is impeccable, statistically and arguably he is the best driver of the modern era. I accept that irrespective of my personal opinion of him.
    I am most certainly guilty of at least 2 items you mention.

* I do think Max is the best thing since sliced bread, and

* He is in fact better than Lewis.

I am quite comfortable with those 2 thoughts bouncing around in my meagre grey matter. As for what who else thinks, I really have bigger things to worry about. But then again, this is the "Pub" section........

To each his own.
    Jaco Nell

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jaconell For This Useful Post:

I am quite comfortable with those 2 thoughts bouncing around in my meagre grey matter. As for what who else thinks, I really have bigger things to worry about. But then again, this is the "Pub" section........

To each his own.
    I have no problem with anybody supporting a specific driver.
    What I have a problem with is the uncalled for insults levelled at some drivers and team members.

(Your chosen brand of vehicle does not get better if you diss another brand).
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity" - Martin Luther king Jr

2006 VW Touareg V10 (Sold)
    2002 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2 Di-d SWB

16. The Following User Says Thank You to 4ePajero For This Useful Post:

To each his own.
    I never said it was bad to hold those opinions. What I said was that our opinions must be consistent with the facts and not the emotion.

Max needs to win numerous world titles before he can enter the conversation. You cannot compare the successes of a 7 times world champion with someone yet to win a championship. But of course this is simply my opinion.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew Leigh For This Useful Post:

How about a "dad" joke to cheer everyone up?
    Always think: Could this be sarcasm?

André Opperman

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oppies3800 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel 4x4 View Post
    Nico also pointed this out, why did Lewis not close the door or at least put up a fight?

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...IuPS68P3rgQhWY
    Read somewhere that Lewis was asked.

He said there was another DRS zone just further away and he had no tyres left. The pass was inevitable.

I think Lewis made a great choice and would rather finish 2nd compared to focusing on keeping Max behind and maybe not finishing at all.

This way he lives to drive another day.

André Opperman

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oppies3800 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Leigh View Post
    I never said it was bad to hold those opinions. What I said was that our opinions must be consistent with the facts and not the emotion.

Max needs to win numerous world titles before he can enter the conversation. You cannot compare the successes of a 7 times world champion with someone yet to win a championship. But of course this is simply my opinion.
    I hear you and this hopefully my last 2 cents on the matter.

If I had to take emotion out of the equation, I will stop watching F1.

Secondly, history in F1 is massive, important and colourful - but F1 plays out in the present.

Last - if opinions and speculation count for nothing, we can just start watching the circus around the warm-up lap and switch off the moment the winner completes the final lap.

And no matter what, Max has entered the conversation in a big way already.

(I refer my post # 3644 - Lewis has always had me with my hat meters above my head).
    Last edited by jaconell; 2021/06/21 at 06:47 AM.
    Jaco Nell

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jaconell For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Rainier Vermaak View Post
    Another HDS sufferer.

Look up irony... you'll find this post right there.
    Dirk Meintjies

Sometimes you find yourself in the middle of nowhere. And sometimes, in the middle of nowhere, you find yourself.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to OomD For This Useful Post:

A brilliant drive by Max and Perez. RB really coming in to the play now. What helps it more is Max's (very) mature demeanour, compared to the Vercrashen era. He's really climbing the ladder with his brain and maturity.

Lewis has always had a good car, so to speak, and I don't think he's had to learn the lessons that Max had learnt. This makes Max more valuable, imo. If Max had been in a superior car for 7 seasons and taken the WDC each time he would not be anywhere as mature and settled as he is now. His previous struggles have left a great positive lesson in him. Which is so good to see, he could easily have become someone that rather blames everything and everyone instead of looking inwards and focusing on improving himself. What a great racer he has become.

Now I have nothing against Lewis personally, he clearly has talent and motivation. But he does strike me as a little bit entitled. Especially when he starts forcing the sport into a non-sport direction, ala BLM and all that. In F1 he should do... F1. In his private life he can support and donate to whoever he wants. Ou hoofseun.
    Dirk Meintjies

Sometimes you find yourself in the middle of nowhere. And sometimes, in the middle of nowhere, you find yourself.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OomD For This Useful Post:

Cheers
    Willem Greyling

"When the wise man points at the moon, the imbecile examines the finger" - Confucius

30. The Following User Says Thank You to MANDREAS For This Useful Post:

My Observations thus far:

The MB is still the superior race car, though RB has closed the gap.
    LH showed that he cracks under pressure.
    Max needs to learn to not get over excited to keep the pressure constant on LH.
    Bottas is only there to play support role for LH. (aka as LH’s Butler)
    Ferrari (my team) is still miles behind.
    Was good to see RB in the mix for podium and not the boring MB 1-2.
    Looking forward to the next race.

PS. The battle on this thread is as intense as on the track.
    2019 Wildtrak 4x4 Bi-Turbo - Current
    2019 Ford Figo Trend Auto - SWAMBO's platkar
    2017 Everest 2.2 XLT - Sold
    2016 Ranger 3.2 Manual - Sold

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Predator For This Useful Post:

Max Verstappen with his first career Grand Slam:

Pole position
    Fastest lap
    Race win

André Opperman

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Oppies3800 For This Useful Post:

Not sure this has been mentioned, but what about that strange bump/dip in that one corner? Can't recall the corner nr. It's as if the front right lifts off the ground when turning right into the corner.

Seemed like a odd type of surface to have in F1...
    My ryding: 'n Ding met 4 rubber sirkels en n enjin wat nou en dan aangedryf word met al 4 sirkels

36. The Following User Says Thank You to IcePick88 For This Useful Post:

Name:  gjk0sjo5fk671.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  87.1 KB
    2010 Defender Puma 90 + BAS remap + Alive IC + Slickshift + Ashcroft ATB rear
    2015 Range Rover Sport Supercharged V8 HSE Dynamic

Discovery 4 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zZ1en9

Defender Puma Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zXrtKO
    Range Rover/Sport L320/L322/L494 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zc58JQ

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Orxy For This Useful Post: