Page 118 of 175 FirstFirst ... 18 68 93 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 143 168 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,360 of 3485

Thread: F1 - 2021

Default Re: F1 - 2021

Quote Originally Posted by mullerza View Post
    spare a thought for his cousin David Schumacher (Ralph's son) who is fighting it out in the midfield of F3 for the second year and has never won any championship in the more junior series. I'm sure he is a decent racer but having that surname when you dont have the raw talent to back it up is a hindrance.
    To be honest, I wasn't aware Ralph's son was also racing. That must be soul destroying to have massive expectations heaped on you like that.

Must admit, I like the way Mick has gone about his whole career. As far as possible he has tried to stick to doing his own thing. He doesn't come across as someone who is naturally as quick as his father was from the get go. He tends to work up to getting the speed.

That said, he does seem to be a very decent driver and I wish him all the best for his future.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JS-V8 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Leigh View Post
    Cars are more suited to some tracks rather than others, some drivers more suited to car design than others. We will not know. He was part of the setup and a part of their driver development program so it not as if the car, performance and team was foreign to him.

One swallow does not make a summer, he would need to perform like that race after race before I sit up and take notice.

There have been oddities in F1 when a driver, not in picture suddenly has a blinder and wins from out of the blue. My mind immediately goes to Gasly.
    Gasly was a safety car beneficiary on the day and he drove well enough to make it stick.
    Jaco Nell

Quote Originally Posted by Morne - Skip View Post
    Which he's doing in the Williams ... apart from crashing in to Bottas I read 2 weeks back. So can't see why he won't do it in the merc
    The sharp end of the grid is a little different from the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by JS-V8 View Post
    Like father, like son.

Michael used to greet and thank all the mechanics after the race as well.

Not run off to their motorhome like some others (or race off to the airport).

https://www.instagram.com/p/COup5mwC...d=nu114vc5hxri
    I have silently been comparing the 2 HAAStige drivers for a few races, and if he carries on in this manner then he is without a doubt someone I will support long term, no matter which car he drives.
    I get the impression that a lot of humble lessons were learnt by MSC jr and he knows who is enabling him to be in that car... the pit crew.
    Kitty Marzispin on the other hand I just cannot see doing this out of his own. Waay to much Millennial entitlement coming through from him

Anyway, Respect MSC jr. Long my it continue
    Last edited by Jacques_Nel; 2021/05/11 at 06:46 PM.
    2016 Ford Ranger XL DC 4x4 - Die kar agter die donkie
    2009 Mitsubishi Triton DC 4x2 - Sold

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jacques_Nel For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jaconell View Post
    That is exactly the magic of MB - and it is really magic. When they need it, they just turn up the wick. Trully amazing - my hat is lifted high to them for this (and it hurts admitting).

But forget what Martin / Jensen / Natalie and all the usual suspects have to say. Merc is the fastest car out there. Zero doubt. Al lot of the background noise around RB being the fastest is just the pundits trying to create a bit of a buzz. I am sure that RB will be faster at a select few tracks, but that is it. Problem is not that the RB is not fast - it is immensely fast - it is just the ease and elegance with which MB responds and then they are faster again....and again.....and again......
    And respect to them for that! They are a brilliant team.

Sadly it makes me and many others loose the enthusiasm for the race when watching the same result again.. And again.. And again!
    F1 needs to be competitive, not as one-sided as it is currently (for the last few years).
    Not blaming MB though.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to HannoK For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HannoK View Post
    And respect to them for that! They are a brilliant team.

Sadly it makes me and many others loose the enthusiasm for the race when watching the same result again.. And again.. And again!
    F1 needs to be competitive, not as one-sided as it is currently (for the last few years).
    Not blaming MB though.
    I have maintained my interest in F1 despite MB's dominance, from lights out to the 3rd corner.

I am however done buying MB F1 model cars and sticking them full of needles, moering them flat with the 4 pound, cutting them in pieces with the blowtorch and splashing them with garlic water. Clearly my voodoo ain't strong enough. I have taken up knitting during the last 69 laps of every race though.

Seriously, I do not care, love F1 too much.
    Last edited by jaconell; 2021/05/11 at 07:30 PM.
    Jaco Nell

Quote Originally Posted by jaconell View Post
    I have maintained my interest in F1 despite MB's dominance, from lights out to the 3rd corner.

I am however done buying MB F1 model cars and sticking them full of needles, moering them flat with the 4 pound, cutting them in pieces with the blowtorch and splashing them with garlic water. Clearly my voodoo ain't strong enough. I have taken up knitting during the last 69 laps of every race though.

Seriously, I do not care, love F1 too much.
    Am I seeing signs of breaking there Jaco? You know what has to be done.... If you can't beat them, Join Them
    Send me your address so that I can send you the Merc Merchandise to welcome you to the team
    2016 Ford Ranger XL DC 4x4 - Die kar agter die donkie
    2009 Mitsubishi Triton DC 4x2 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Jacques_Nel View Post
    Am I seeing signs of breaking there Jaco? You know what has to be done.... If you can't beat them, Join Them
    Send me your address so that I can send you the Merc Merchandise to welcome you to the team
    Sure👍👍👍Please ensure merchandise matches colour in attached🥸
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Jaco Nell

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jaconell For This Useful Post:

Transcript between MB and RB with their #1 drivers

https://www.racefans.net/2021/05/11/...ript-analysis/
    Always think: Could this be sarcasm?

André Opperman

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Oppies3800 For This Useful Post:

So what would have possessed Max to come in early and pretty much unannounced for his pit stop? Panic?

Lewis on the other hand changes the balance to his car in the pit by adjusting the nose which appeared to greatly assist his chase down of Max.

It's been said it is easier to chase than to lead. The exception is MB.
    Toyota Hilux 1990, D/C, SFA, 4x4
    Jeep Cherokee, 3.7L, 4x4

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chris5 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JS-V8 View Post
    Are you Pablo Escobar's long lost brother, Boet??
    Ettienne de Kock

"ASK YOURSELF HOW OLD YOU'D BE IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW THE DATE YOU WERE BORN" - Toby Keith

1998 Disco Tdi
    1959 SII 88"
    1975 Land Rover Air-Portable Lightweight
    197? RRC
    AND SWAMBO's Unmentionable Abomination

19. The Following User Says Thank You to EttiennedK For This Useful Post:

So what would have possessed Max to come in early and pretty much unannounced for his pit stop? Panic?

Lewis on the other hand changes the balance to his car in the pit by adjusting the nose which appeared to greatly assist his chase down of Max.
    Looked like they were scared on the undercut with Lewis closing in on him like that, I did not see it but maybe MB spooked them into the stop by appearing to get ready for a pit stop themselves?

Again it showed that Red Bull was not the fastest car and that MB had race pace in hand when needed.

If Max did not take the lead into T1 it would have been an epicly boring race
    Anton Muller
    Nothing screams "Bad workmanship" like wrinkles in the duct tape
    2012 Q7 4.2 TDI
    Birkin SR20VET race car

21. The Following User Says Thank You to mullerza For This Useful Post:

Have a look at the link that @Oppies3800 posted above. It would appear that they had decided on a code to call Max in, instead of using the standard "Box Box Box" there may have been a misunderstanding that took place.
    Regards,

William

4x4 'Tuna

Quote Originally Posted by Murray Walker
    “I don't make mistakes. I make prophecies which immediately turn out to be wrong.”

Quote Originally Posted by mullerza View Post
    Looked like they were scared on the undercut with Lewis closing in on him like that, I did not see it but maybe MB spooked them into the stop by appearing to get ready for a pit stop themselves?

Again it showed that Red Bull was not the fastest car and that MB had race pace in hand when needed.

If Max did not take the lead into T1 it would have been an epicly boring race
    I must admit I am watching this thread with a great amount of interest in terms of how desperate we are for a contest in F1. I really would love those that keep saying that RB are in the contest to be right but the statistics say otherwise. 4 races so far with MB winning all but a wet race which Hamilton showed without a doubt that but for an error he could have won it as well. Unfortunately, it's going to a boring season once again.

Quote Originally Posted by River Rat View Post
    I must admit I am watching this thread with a great amount of interest in terms of how desperate we are for a contest in F1. I really would love those that keep saying that RB are in the contest to be right but the statistics say otherwise. 4 races so far with MB winning all but a wet race which Hamilton showed without a doubt that but for an error he could have won it as well. Unfortunately, it's going to a boring season once again.
    Aint that the truth!

Hamilton just seems to always have pace in hand that he can deploy when required.

I cling to the hope that some tracks will at least favour the Red Bull and lead to some victories.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to JS-V8 For This Useful Post:

Boring season - hey

I've seen quite a few interesting races this season despite the outcome.

For example:
    Bahrain, Imola, Portimao, Barcelona
    Walter Rene Gygax
    Kalahari Safari
    ORRA Call:​​ WB58 | ICASA ZRF430
    Nissan Patrol GU TB45
    | Nissan Safari GU TD42 | B'rakah 4x4 Trailer
    E34 - 535i for a bit of nostalgia
    E39 - 540i for the open roads

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Kalahari Safari For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kalahari Safari View Post
    Boring season - hey

For example:
    Bahrain, - 1st race, MB caught off guard with rule changes and LH wins close race despite Max having the faster car
    Imola - Rain - always exciting
    Portimao - Lewis wins by 29 Seconds - MB has recovered down force lost due to rule changes.
    Spanish - Lewis wins by 15 sec's made exiting only by Max taking lead in T1

Take the rain away from Imola and if Max did not get ahead in T1 in the Spanish GP and we are left with only 1 close race so far this year. I hope I'm wrong but I expect normal service (MB 1-2 in most races) to be restored for the balance of the year.
    Anton Muller
    Nothing screams "Bad workmanship" like wrinkles in the duct tape
    2012 Q7 4.2 TDI
    Birkin SR20VET race car

Quote Originally Posted by Kalahari Safari View Post
    Boring season - hey

For example:
    In simple terms would you bet against MB winning the next race?

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to River Rat For This Useful Post:

In simple terms would you bet against MB winning the next race?
    Monaco - yes, I am. If it was Spa or Silverstone or Monza - no.
    Jaco Nell