Page 96 of 123 FirstFirst ... 46 71 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 121 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 2455

Thread: F1 - 2021

Default Re: F1 - 2021

Quote Originally Posted by IcePick88 View Post
    Nope. I was hoping he would get stuck in the gravel trap.
    And for the next 20 races I suppose.
    FJC - Just Cruising

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dirtshark For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dirtshark View Post
    Anyone else pissed of for Hamiltons mistake? I think we were robbed of some very good racing.......not sure he would have passed Max on that track with his damage though
    I am disappointed in what happened when Lewis went off yes and I feel we were robbed a bit. It is clear that the Merc has the slightly better race pace in comparison to Red Bull. Merc also looks after it's tires better than Red Bull, but Red Bull has the Max-factor and will make life a living hell for whomever wants to pass him.

At the time of the incident, Lewis was, I think 2 or 3 seconds behind Max and was closing the gap at a rate of knots, but we all know, "closing the gap" and "passing Max" are 2 very different things. All I know for certain is, we are in for a very entertaining season with many Lewis v Max episodes
    2016 Ford Ranger XL DC 4x4 - Die kar agter die donkie
    2009 Mitsubishi Triton DC 4x2 - Sold

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jacques_Nel For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Francois Theron View Post
    Toto being very PC. Saying it could be 50/50 or 60/40. Not knowing which way it should go
    Pretty clear in this article and one from Sky Sport. Anyone notice we can’t watch videos on SkySport related sites? Anyway, here a link of Toto’s thoughts.

https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/6...Jsq2BuLec0FjOI
    Sent from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Jacques_Nel View Post
    I am disappointed in what happened when Lewis went off yes and I feel we were robbed a bit. It is clear that the Merc has the slightly better race pace in comparison to Red Bull. Merc also looks after it's tires better than Red Bull, but Red Bull has the Max-factor and will make life a living hell for whomever wants to pass him.

At the time of the incident, Lewis was, I think 2 or 3 seconds behind Max and was closing the gap at a rate of knots, but we all know, "closing the gap" and "passing Max" are 2 very different things. All I know for certain is, we are in for a very entertaining season with many Lewis v Max episodes
    Could have been a good fight yes, but Lewis was caught out. To finish first, first you have to finish.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to handyman For This Useful Post:

I dunno, laps leading up to his mistake he had closed a lot, but that was due to max losing time navigating those same backmarkers. Had lewis not gone off the gap would have increased back to the 5-6seconds it was before. So far its been 2 cracking races and hopefully we will have plenty more of them this year.
    Anton Muller
    Nothing screams "Bad workmanship" like wrinkles in the duct tape
    2012 Q7 4.2 TDI
    Birkin SR20VET race car

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mullerza For This Useful Post:

I have no doubt that Lewis is at the absolute peak of his prowess. And it must be a peak with a magnificent view. Purely on racecraft, Lewis is in a class of his own at this time. Max can go blow-for-blow with Lewis on pace, but at just 22 years old there must be a lot of space for Max to still park an awesome amount of racecraft. And I can only imagine Max in 4/5 years time......

The short and long however, I believe this year is the only season where we will see Lewis and Max going head-to-head. And I intent enjoying it. If this thread is still around in 5 years time, I think we will still talk about 2021 then.

Thing is, Lewis has nothing left to prove. He is the Master. Max has to get the better of Lewis, not the other way round. And Lewis can go racing with abandon, knowing he is cemented as one of the GOATs.

What can affect the battle, is guys like Lando and Lec taking points of either Lewis or Max. And come the last few races of the season, it can possibly (and hopefully) be down to just a few points between Lewis and Max.

What both Lewis and Max did at Imola, was show that heroes are still much alive in F1. I myself am guilty of always thinking back to the heady days of Lauda / Piquet / Senna / Hakkinen / Schumacher and so on. And thinking it was "better". We are witnessing something "better" happening right now. It pleases me no end.
    Last edited by jaconell; 2021/04/20 at 08:37 PM.
    Jaco Nell

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jaconell For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jaconell View Post
    I have no doubt that Lewis is at the absolute peak of his prowess. And it must be a peak with a magnificent view. Purely on racecraft, Lewis is in a class of his own at this time. Max can go blow-for-blow with Lewis on pace, but at just 22 years old there must be a lot of space for Max to still park an awesome ammount of racecraft. And I can only imagine Max in 4/5 years time......

The short and long however, I believe this year is the only season where we will see Lewis and Max going head-to-head. And I intent enjoying it. If this thread is still around in 5 years time, I think we will still talk about 2021 then.

Thing is, Lewis has nothing left to prove. He is the Master. Max has to get the better of Lewis, not the other way round. And Lewis can go racing with abandon, knowing he is cemented as one of the GOATs.

What can affect the battle, is guys like Lando and Lec taking points of either Lewis or Max. And come the last few races of the season, it can possibly (and hopefully) be down to just a few points between Lewis and Max.

What both Lewis and Max did at Imola, was show that heroes are still much alive in F1. I myself am guilty of always thinking back to the heady days of Lauda / Piquet / Senna / Hakkinen / Schumacher and so on. And thinking it was "better". We are witnessing something "better" happening right now. It pleases me no end.
    I truly hope this season turns out as you predict. We were so sadly robbed of an epic season in 1994 between the experienced old hand Senna and the young up and coming Schumacher. That season would have been epic, holding thumbs this one will make up for what we missed out on back then.
    Last edited by JS-V8; 2021/04/19 at 05:16 PM.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JS-V8 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mullerza View Post
    I dunno, laps leading up to his mistake he had closed a lot, but that was due to max losing time navigating those same backmarkers. Had lewis not gone off the gap would have increased back to the 5-6seconds it was before. So far its been 2 cracking races and hopefully we will have plenty more of them this year.
    I agree to a certain extent. Lewis had the advantage of Max's troubles with the back markers holding him up, but he made the most of it to close the gap, till his eventual 4x2 excursions and no diff-lock was involved. I watched the lap times (at that point in the race) and Lewis traded fastest laps with Max in normal race conditions, but Max struggles to keep his tires in check so eventually they would have fallen off the cliff sooner with Lewis catching him and putting him under pressure. And we all know what Lewis can do with "iffy" tires, I mean, he drives the F1 car on 3 wheels (just had to throw that one in)

I think the battle between Max and Lewis is at a point where Max and Lewis (because of age) are even.

A change in the pendulum might come as Max gets older where he will outperform Lewis and a new World Champ will be crowned.
    Sent from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel 4x4 View Post
    I think the battle between Max and Lewis is at a point where Max and Lewis (because of age) are even.

A change in the pendulum might come as Max gets older where he will outperform Lewis and a new World Champ will be crowned.
    For Max that will be inevitable as Lewis is close to the end of his career.... But Lando, George, Charles are all on his heels, teeth bearing, chest thumping and arms out as wide as possible.
    I would say it can, at this point in time, go either way. Exuberance of youth with speed v the Calculated Master tactician. I think the season will hinge on one moment of luck for either of them

The more I think about it, if the 2022 new regulations come into effect, we may be in for a treat with all the youngsters currently on the grid.

I am disappointed in what happened when Lewis went off yes and I feel we were robbed a bit.
    He made a mistake, don't be disappointed, pressure got to him and he made a mistake. As evidenced in his apology in the team.

Jouko
    ----------
    2003 Grand Cherokee 4.7l
    2012 Smart
    Never drive a normal car 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko View Post
    Good for him.

Now Bottas should apologize for being a mobile chicane in the fastest F1 car in history, way down in the pack.

Anyhow, a F1 pilot (or any racer), I would expect to go for the gap when it opens, although it may not always work out. Thats racing.

Nee wat, not too much harm done - move on Georgie.

Seeing that both Toto and Bottas are quite fond of the f-bombs, I hope Toto asked Bottas exactly WTF was happening that allows a Williams to come steaming past anyway.

At this point I can only hope Bottas retains his seat with MB for years to come, my boy Max needs all the help he can get.

On reflection, I am now convinced it was 100% a racing accident.
    Last edited by jaconell; 2021/04/19 at 10:02 PM.
    Jaco Nell

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jaconell For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jaconell View Post
    Good for him.

Now Bottas should apologize for being a mobile chicane in the fastest F1 car in history, way down in the pack.
    😂😂😂😂
    Funny and true, but also sad all at the same time.

Not sure if I've mentioned this before, but half the reason I read this thread, is for your sense of humour. Love your work!

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shady For This Useful Post:

On GR

I think Toto once said that if you dont crash the car every so often, you are not pushing hard enough.

Bottas saying he could've been more aggressive defending Russell, but to me, Bottas should never have been in a position having to defend a Williams

https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/6...re-aggressive/
    Always think: Could this be sarcasm?

André Opperman

Quote Originally Posted by Oppies3800 View Post
    Bottas should never have been in a position having to defend a Williams
    Yes, how the "F" does that happen? Can you imagine a Rosberg/Perez/Russel/Norris et al being that far down? No ways man. Toto living with regret at having renewed Bottas I'm sure. If rumours are true about Lewis asking to keep VB on then I think he will be pretty miffed as well. Bottas performing like Albon, not what you need when you're trying to win a WDC and WCC.
    Regards,

William

4x4 'Tuna

Quote Originally Posted by Murray Walker
    “I don't make mistakes. I make prophecies which immediately turn out to be wrong.”

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel 4x4 View Post
    Pretty clear in this article and one from Sky Sport. Anyone notice we can’t watch videos on SkySport related sites? Anyway, here a link of Toto’s thoughts.

https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/6...Jsq2BuLec0FjOI
    I actually watched the interview live. The jounalist just wrote his interpretation
    There is never a right time to do the wrong thing and never a wrong time to do the right thing!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Francois Theron For This Useful Post:

Saw on FB earlier. Pretty old pic but position probably the same. Looks very uncomfortable!

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bees For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bees View Post

Saw on FB earlier. Pretty old pic but position probably the same. Looks very uncomfortable!
    Next time you see a driver less looking car on the road....then eventually see a head peaking above the door. This is the reason why!!