Page 45 of 97 FirstFirst ... 20 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 70 95 ... LastLast

Thread: F1 - 2021

Default Re: F1 - 2021

I don't know how I have only picked up on this thread now!!

I have been told by my family that I was crazy about anything that had a motor in it from before I could walk. My Nana (read grandmother) got me into formula 1when I was around 4 years old. Around the time Michael Schumacher was starting his career. Having the same name as me and being my age it was 100% logical for me to start supporting him. Once he moved to Ferrari I became a massive fan of theirs and have stayed that way ever since. It has been a very tough last decade . I was never a Seb V fan as all his moaning in the RB cars when things didn't go his way really got to me, as with a certain Sir on the grid. Max was a cowboy in my mind and I struggled to give him a second of my time.

However this Merc dominance in the last years has got me begging for anyone to win if the prancing horses can't. I am really hoping someone can take the fight to them this year. Thank goodness the season is now almost upon us! I have turned a weekend away for the first GP. No ways I can miss a second of it.

I will definitely be following this thread!
    Mike

Out in the bush!

2012 Amarok BiTDi 4Motion
    1956 Series 1 (just running with rebuild about to start)
    1999 Land Cruiser 105 EFI

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AfricainHD For This Useful Post:

https://twitter.com/ScarbsTech/statu...75109700919300

"#w12 sneak peek from Bottas Instagram.If real, extreme sloped sidepods. Both laterally from the roll hoop and lengthwise from the front outer corner. Plenty of downwash to be directed under the coke bottle area...."

https://www.instagram.com/stories/va...9644561085819/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3sdm21frwkk61.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	114.8 KB 
ID:	607946
    2010 Defender Puma 90 + BAS remap + Alive IC + Slickshift + Ashcroft ATB rear
    2015 Range Rover Sport Supercharged V8 HSE Dynamic

Discovery 4 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zZ1en9

Defender Puma Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zXrtKO
    Range Rover/Sport L320/L322/L494 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zc58JQ

I am also going to be completely impartial this year, I will support any team who beats Mercedes

5. The Following User Says Thank You to faniedup For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by faniedup View Post
    I am also going to be completely impartial this year, I will support any team who beats Mercedes
    I'm one up on you, I will support anyone who beats the queen
    Anton Muller
    Nothing screams "Bad workmanship" like wrinkles in the duct tape
    2012 Q7 4.2 TDI
    Birkin SR20VET race car

Quote Originally Posted by Francois Theron View Post
    I have decided, for the first time in my life, to start this F1 season without any favourites in my mind or teams/drivers I support. Hoping for the best!
    Pretty much in the same boat over here. I have a few areas of interest, but no favourites.

I am just hoping for a great and competitive season!

Quote Originally Posted by mullerza View Post
    Prepare for a loooong dry spell after Bottas does P1 in the season opener like usual

Honestly, there are some interesting new configurations which are to develop and make the challenge more interesting apart from the cars:

- Dan in the McLaren

- Sergio in the Red Bull

- Seb in the Aston Martin (can he overcome his streak of failures with the red team?)

- Fernando's return with Alpine (just to benchmark him against the established competitors)

The known subjects like Max or Charles will very much depend on the car and so does Carlos in comparison with Charles.

Of course we also want to see the new arrivals on the grid and hope for Mick to come to terms with the Haas......
    ..... and, can George maintain his superman image with Williams?

The cars with the limited development inputs won't be that much of a difference to last season, but who did the best gamble on their tokens?

A clear advantage lies with McLaren who is the only team without development restrictions from last year due to the new power plant, so they are the dark horse with a potential to surprise.
    Walter Rene Gygax
    Kalahari Safari
    ORRA Call:​ WB58 | ICASA ZRF430
    Nissan Patrol GU TB45
    | Nissan Safari GU TD42 | B'rakah 4x4 Trailer
    E34 - 535i for a bit of nostalgia
    E39 - 540i for the open roads

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kalahari Safari For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kalahari Safari View Post
    Prepare for a loooong dry spell after Bottas does P1 in the season opener like usual

Honestly, there are some interesting new configurations which are to develop and make the challenge more interesting apart from the cars:

- Dan in the McLaren

- Sergio in the Red Bull

- Seb in the Aston Martin (can he overcome his streak of failures with the red team?)

- Fernando's return with Alpine (just to benchmark him against the established competitors)

The known subjects like Max or Charles will very much depend on the car and so does Carlos in comparison with Charles.

Of course we also want to see the new arrivals on the grid and hope for Mick to come to terms with the Haas......
    ..... and, can George maintain his superman image with Williams?

The cars with the limited development inputs won't be that much of a difference to last season, but who did the best gamble on their tokens?

A clear advantage lies with McLaren who is the only team without development restrictions from last year due to the new power plant, so they are the dark horse with a potential to surprise.
    I have very little faith in bottas, even less after after russel jumped in the car a wiped the floor with him.

I do agree that this season has some very interesting dynamics,
    I expect good things from both Danny and Seb this year, they remain fundamentally good drivers.
    Sergo sadly I believe is going to battle at Red Bull especially going up against max where he will be outpaced all weekend.
    I expect Alonso's comeback to follow the path of Michael's, a few flashes of past brilliance but overall very underwhelming.
    Mick is not going to do anything worth noting this year but should deliver a solid performance. Combination of driving for a sub par team and history has shown he takes a while to adapt to a new formula. I dont see him emulating his dad, my expectation is more along the lines of uncle Ralph - a decent driver that will score a few wins.
    Mazepin will keep the carbon fiber department at Haas busy all season long

Finally I live in hope the ferrari's are competitive again
    Anton Muller
    Nothing screams "Bad workmanship" like wrinkles in the duct tape
    2012 Q7 4.2 TDI
    Birkin SR20VET race car

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mullerza For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jacques_Nel View Post
    I are still here Jaco, "Onkruid vergaan nie" and there must be someone who evens things our a bit. I mean, imagine how boring it will be if there were only Tifosi on here. I am only here to provide perspective (hahaha, yeah right)

To be brutally honest, I have no idea what to expect from the 2021 season. So many movers and shakers, permutations, probabilities, developments on the vehicles, sandbagging, mixed signals from the teams and drivers that it is elevating my anxiety to the next level. I am on forced leave for the week running up to the first race, and I have already planned race day to the minute in anticipation of a Merc victory, which means either Max or a [name withheld] Red car will win . I cannot wait!!!!

But then again, I have also learnt over the years not to underestimate my Merc team.
    Have Merc improved over the winter? You betcha, but they may have decided to focus most of their energy on the 2022 car... My opinion is that they may believe they can be competitive in 2021 with a slightly revised 2020 car.

Have the others (Red Bull, Ferrari, McLaren etc) improved more than Merc? That is the big impression I am getting, which scares me a bit, ok, a lot

I just have one wish for 2021, and that is for Ferrari to be up there close to the top, Max to be pushing Lewis a bit and to see proper racing and not a snore fest. That I can share in your happiness when MV33 or CLC16 win. OK, that's like 4 or 5 wishes I think. Not to much to ask for, is it?
    This is one of the reasons for LH's drawn out contract talks.
    FJC - Just Cruising

Probably the most scrutinised photograph in the world right now.

This years new Mercedes
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by shady View Post

This years new Mercedes
    I'm no Mercedes fan but THAT is a beautiful car!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to HannoK For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HannoK View Post
    Indeed. Very.
    Jaco Nell

Quote Originally Posted by mullerza View Post
    Shouldn't that be Sir Queen??
    Ettienne de Kock

"ASK YOURSELF HOW OLD YOU'D BE IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW THE DATE YOU WERE BORN" - Toby Keith

1998 Disco Tdi
    1959 SII 88"
    1975 Land Rover Air-Portable Lightweight
    197? RRC
    AND SWAMBO's Unmentionable Abomination

Quote Originally Posted by AfricainHD View Post
    I don't know how I have only picked up on this thread now!!

I have been told by my family that I was crazy about anything that had a motor in it from before I could walk. My Nana (read grandmother) got me into formula 1when I was around 4 years old. Around the time Michael Schumacher was starting his career. Having the same name as me and being my age it was 100% logical for me to start supporting him. Once he moved to Ferrari I became a massive fan of theirs and have stayed that way ever since. It has been a very tough last decade . I was never a Seb V fan as all his moaning in the RB cars when things didn't go his way really got to me, as with a certain Sir on the grid. Max was a cowboy in my mind and I struggled to give him a second of my time.

However this Merc dominance in the last years has got me begging for anyone to win if the prancing horses can't. I am really hoping someone can take the fight to them this year. Thank goodness the season is now almost upon us! I have turned a weekend away for the first GP. No ways I can miss a second of it.

I will definitely be following this thread!
    Welcome to the thread, hope to see many posts from you. Clearly your heart and mind is in the right place if you grew up a Schumacher fan😇😇.

Yes Max is a cowboy, but lately for all the right reasons.

I just looked at the picture above of the 2021 MB for a very long time. I had to avert my eyes after a while. I got the same feeling that you get when you stare deep into a Rottweilers eyes......
    Jaco Nell

19. The Following User Says Thank You to jaconell For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HannoK View Post
    I could not agree more with you... as a Merc fan that is

Just WOW.

James let a few things slide from a development perspective, more horses, bulges in the engine cover to accommodate said horses, new aero parts underneath the floor (could it be another DAS situation?), Parts designed to last longer to deal with budget caps etc. Could this spell trouble for the other teams?

Is it just me or were they intentionally trying to downplay the situation and the release of the new car? Nobody except James appeared to be excited. I could be wrong though

Jaco, Rottweiler's eyes? Come on, it's not that bad. I mean, I even admitted to start liking the Ferrari's. Let it out, you will feel much better for it. this is a safe place
    Last edited by Jacques_Nel; 2021/03/02 at 05:11 PM.
    2016 Ford Ranger XL DC 4x4 - Die kar agter die donkie
    2009 Mitsubishi Triton DC 4x2 - Sold

This years new Mercedes
    Such a beautiful car.

Pity all the other drivers will only see its rear
    Always think: Could this be sarcasm?

Andr Opperman

Quote Originally Posted by Jacques_Nel View Post
    I could not agree more with you... as a Merc fan that is

Just WOW.

James let a few things slide from a development perspective, more horses, bulges in the engine cover to accommodate said horses, new aero parts underneath the floor (could it be another DAS situation?), Parts designed to last longer to deal with budget caps etc. Could this spell trouble for the other teams?

Is it just me or were they intentionally trying to downplay the situation and the release of the new car? Nobody except James appeared to be excited. I could be wrong though

Jaco, Rottweiler's eyes? Come on, it's not that bad. I mean, I even admitted to start liking the Ferrari's. Let it out, you will feel much better for it. this is a safe place
    Jacques, I was trying to convey the sense of fear I was feeling looking at that black missile. I looked at it and it scared me. By all accounts, it was doing no less than 350 kph in that picture - that's what it feels like to me anyhow.

Good to know this is still a safe place to have a "gemoedsineenstorting" if that Merc is only half as fast as it looks. (Have to speculate what it will look like in Toro Rosso Red?).
    Jaco Nell

23. The Following User Says Thank You to jaconell For This Useful Post:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ure7x4af4nk61.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	607999
    2010 Defender Puma 90 + BAS remap + Alive IC + Slickshift + Ashcroft ATB rear
    2015 Range Rover Sport Supercharged V8 HSE Dynamic

Discovery 4 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zZ1en9

Defender Puma Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zXrtKO
    Range Rover/Sport L320/L322/L494 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zc58JQ

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Orxy For This Useful Post:

The Merc is nice, but I keep thinking back to the great F1 years. The Parmalat Brabhams were so sexy and then ultimate JPS Lotus colour scheme. Somehow the new cars are just to busy, same as the drivers helmets. Nothing compare to the simplicity of Sennas lid and the Marlboro cars of the same era.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 340 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Oppies3800 View Post
    Such a beautiful car.

Pity all the other drivers will only see its rear
    Please keep on with many posts like this. The F1 racing gods do not like predictions. I have learnt the hard way. Hehehehehe........
    Jaco Nell

29. The Following User Says Thank You to jaconell For This Useful Post:

This years new Mercedes
    This enough to scare the crap out of any Ferrari fan - your's truly included.
    PS: I have just read Jaconell's comment about "staring into a Rottweiler's yes". That is so true.
    Last edited by RoelfleRoux; 2021/03/02 at 07:41 PM.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RoelfleRoux For This Useful Post:

Page 45 of 97 FirstFirst ... 20 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 70 95 ... LastLast