Default Rush replacement coming in February!

Just got the news , the new affordable SUV to be launched (replacing the Rush) will be the Urban Cruiser. To be launched towards the end of February 2021.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Jörg Reddig

1995 Discovery V8 ( Thor intake system , controlled by Spitronics Mercury 2)
    Land Rover 3.9 V8 " Defender 90 " Under Construction
    2021 Hilux Legend D/CAB ( Company Vehicle)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JWR For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Rush replacement coming in February!

Another Suzuki
    FJC - Just Cruising

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dirtshark For This Useful Post:

Why do they have that when there is a corolla cross ?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtshark View Post
    Another Suzuki
    Was also thinking that... looks just like the Vitara
    2005 Land Rover Discovery 3 V8 (Will allways end up with an V8)
    1999 Land Rover Discovery 2 V8 (Another one)
    1967 Land Rover Series 2A 3.5 V8 (The Green Machine)
    196? Land Rover Series 2 V8 100" (The Coiler)
    2010 Mercedes C350 CDI (The Daily)

Ex.
    Discovery 1:TDI and a V8. Discovery 2 V8. Discovery 3 TDV6. Freelander 2 TD4, a C350 CDI and a Subaru Forester XT

JWR,

Why would they replace the Rush so early in its cycle? With the Yaris discontinued and now the Rush as well I would be very careful to spend my money on any of these interim models. The new Starlet probably fall in the same category.
    Quote Originally Posted by JWR View Post
    Just got the news , the new affordable SUV to be launched (replacing the Rush) will be the Urban Cruiser. To be launched towards the end of February 2021.
    Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2 D-ID GLX LWB

Quote Originally Posted by Greenhorn View Post
    Why do they have that when there is a corolla cross ?
    This was my comment on another thread

Toyota doing some strange things with their lower model lineup :-

Starlet(Suzuki) to replace the Etios but more expensive.
    Yaris discontinued? to be replaced by Agya(Daihatsu) which only has a 1.0 and is small (i10 size)?
    Urban Cruiser(Suzuki Vitara) coming?? but also the Corolla Cross(built here) which are very similar in size and function and cost??
    Yaris GR more than likely coming(limited numbers) but will cost R700k!!
    Will the Yaris Cross come??
    FJC - Just Cruising

The Yaris GR will likely be just under R700k, priced similarly to the track focussed GTI TCR.

We will get limited numbers initially, but the production run will not be limited, so more constant supply expected around 2022.

The GR will however be the best 4wd system for sale this side of a GTR.

I bet it won't sell in large numbers because people like their cars to carry 5 people, but it will definitely be a better drivers car than the Golf R and Focus RS, because it is way lighter. It is about 250kg lighter than the Focus RS!

I am excited to try one!
    Last edited by Cyclone101; 2020/11/28 at 07:33 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cyclone101 For This Useful Post:

Suzuki ain't had, but Toyota is now more corporate focused and know anything with a Toyota badge will sell even if made by Daewoo, I mean the Supra is a Bimmer!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone101 View Post
    The Yaris GR will likely be just under R700k, priced similarly to the track focussed GTI TCR.

We will get limited numbers initially, but the production run will not be limited, so more constant supply expected around 2022.

The GR will however be the best 4wd system for sale this side of a GTR.

I bet it won't sell in large numbers because people like their cars to carry 5 people, but it will definitely be a better drivers car than the Golf R and Focus RS, because it is way lighter. It is about 250kg lighter than the Focus RS!

I am excited to try one!
    Production run will be 25000......we will sell every one available here imo!
    Going to be a very special car this!
    Last edited by dirtshark; 2020/11/28 at 07:36 PM.
    FJC - Just Cruising

Is the Yaris been discontinued only in S.A.? Because overseas they just release5the Yaris hybrid

This was my comment on another thread

Toyota doing some strange things with their lower model lineup :-

Starlet(Suzuki) to replace the Etios but more expensive.
    Yaris discontinued? to be replaced by Agya(Daihatsu) which only has a 1.0 and is small (i10 size)?
    Urban Cruiser(Suzuki Vitara) coming?? but also the Corolla Cross(built here) which are very similar in size and function and cost??
    Will the Yaris Cross come??

Quote Originally Posted by Greenhorn View Post
    Is the Yaris been discontinued only in S.A.? Because overseas they just release5the Yaris hybrid
    I think so.
    Hopefully we get the Yaris Cross though.
    FJC - Just Cruising

I believe the current Corolla Quest will also be the last Quest since the New Corolla is a full import. No tooling will be available for a New Corolla Quest.

Everything points to a new crossover that will replace all these stop gap models. Something like a Corolla Cross and a smaller Yaris Cross as mentioned above. One an import and one locally produced is my bet.

Corolla Cross is getting built here, it will be SAs first locally produced hybrid.
    It will be a pity if we don't get the Yaris Cross here, I think they would do very well judging by the amounts of Ecosports you see.
    FJC - Just Cruising

The Yaris Cross will do well if the price is right and it's available as a hybrid as well.
    Corolla Cross is getting built here, it will be SAs first locally produced hybrid.
    It will be a pity if we don't get the Yaris Cross here, I think they would do very well judging by the amounts of Ecosports you see.

The Yaris we had here is not the same as the one in Europe, we had the Asian version , and Toyota realized that it was outclassed by the opposition. The Starlet is not a direct replacement for the Etios , it is more of an inbetween the Etios and the Yaris. The Agya is a replacement for the Aygo ( Daihatsu belongs to Toyota by the way, so why not use it like VW uses SEAT) . There is no direct replacement for the Yaris yet.
    The Urban Cruiser is a Suzuki Breza ( not available in SA) . The Rush has been discontinued due to poor sales ,here is a quote from Toyota SA "it had some shortcomings in terms of its high price, refinement and exterior styling and as such the Rush was discontinued".
    The Urban Cruiser is launched to address these shortcomings. If Toyota had to develop a new car to slot in this gap the development costs would be to high to be able to sell the Car in the Price bracket they are aiming at. Why is it that other manufacturers can use different models from opposition , but when Toyota does it everybody gets upset.

I don't know if the Corolla Cross will be built here ( Toyota is still not saying , but it seems more and more likely) , but it will be much more expensive than the Urban Cruiser and in a different class altogether. The Yaris Cross is not likely to come to SA ( I hope I'm wrong).
    Last edited by JWR; 2020/11/30 at 09:05 AM.
    Jörg Reddig

Quote Originally Posted by JWR View Post
    The Yaris we had here is not the same as the one in Europe, we had the Asian version , and Toyota realized that it was outclassed by the opposition. The Starlet is not a direct replacement for the Etios , it is more of an inbetween the Etios and the Yaris. The Agya is a replacement for the Aygo ( Daihatsu belongs to Toyota by the way, so why not use it like VW uses SEAT) . There is no direct replacement for the Yaris yet.
    The Urban Cruiser is a Suzuki Breza ( not available in SA) . The Rush has been discontinued due to poor sales ,here is a quote from Toyota SA "it had some shortcomings in terms of its high price, refinement and exterior styling and as such the Rush was discontinued".
    The Urban Cruiser is launched to address these shortcomings. If Toyota had to develop a new car to slot in this gap the development costs would be to high to be able to sell the Car in the Price bracket they are aiming at. Why is it that other manufacturers can use different models from opposition , but when Toyota does it everybody gets upset.

I don't know if the Corolla Cross will be built here ( Toyota is still not saying , but it seems more and more likely) , but it will be much more expensive than the Urban Cruiser and in a different class altogether. The Yaris Cross is not likely to come to SA ( I hope I'm wrong).
    No one is getting upset, I am just questioning their model lineup/positioning wiich I find strange, hence all the ?? in my post.
    Also nothing wrong with the badge engineering other than slightly diluting the brand IMO......the Starlet is a damn nice car
    It will be interesting to see the price difference between the Urban Cruiser and Corolla Cross, methinks it could be quite close, with the non hybrid?
    I also don't get why they are so slow to introduce more Hybrids........anyways they know what they are doing
    FJC - Just Cruising

Whatever it is, please leave the CVT part out. Horrible thing.

It seems that we will get both the Toyota version and the Suzuki version (Brezza).

I like the look of this car and we will be in the market for a new second vehicle, mostly for my son, early next year. I hope it will fit in the price class we are looking in.

https://www.timeslive.co.za/motoring...rly-next-year/

@JWR: do you guys have any indication of specs, models and pricing for the Urban Cruiser?
    Last edited by lekhubu943; 2020/12/14 at 06:31 AM.
    Christa
    2018 Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD-6 4x4 AT

BushLapa 78 Now a Boskruier but with the same Zambia and CKGR bush stripes

There will be 3 models Xi , XS and XR . Xi only available in Manual the other 2 Manual and Auto and all with the 1.5 engine ( 6.2 liter per 100Km) . All will have Apple Car play and Android auto but the XR will have some Premium features but I am not allowed to give more details yet . Official pricing is not yet available but we expect it to fall into the 240000.00 to 310000.00 range . Suzuki announced recently that the Brezza is also coming to SA . If the Starlet is anything to go by, the Toyota will outsell the Suzuki by far.
    Jörg Reddig

23. The Following User Says Thank You to JWR For This Useful Post: