Thread: Sodwana veilig?

Default Sodwana veilig?

Goeiedag
    Het iemand onlangs by Sodwana gekamp? Ek was seker 10 jaar laas daar agv gewapende rowe, diefstal en agresiewe houding van polisie teenoor kampeerders en strand gebruikers.

Wat is die situasie tans?
    Kinder vriendelik?

Waardeer die terugvoer.
    Frederick

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FPDV For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Sodwana veilig?

Some camp sites in Sodwana you get robbed as per reports on the forum. My son is doing his diving course at Sodwana Bay at Coral divers. Best is give them a phone call and get recommendations from them as they know the areas well. We stayed at one of their guest accommodation, very reasonable priced. Phone Coral Divers, Sodwana Bay, also look on their website. I did find the Sodwana castle lite beers tasted different to the Eastern Cape beers
    Isuzu STD 2.5d 2x4 rear diffy lock
    2x spotlight,2x fog lights
    215/80/R15c tyres
    1 x great humourous driver
    GPS,Bluetooth
    Eagle eye dash cam --stolen ..bought another one
    snorkel soon
    Craig
    I DON'T LIVE IN AFRICA,AFRICA LIVES IN ME- Kyle my son

I had a chat this morning with some folks in Sodwana, both said there have not been any reports for some time now.

Be vigilant anyway though, one never knows.
    "Stare, pry, listen, eavesdrop. Die knowing something, you are not here long"
    Walker Evans, Photographer

Blykbaar was die grondpad tussen Sodwana en Jozini gister toegemaak met brandende takke ens.
    Weet nie of die kool die sous werd is nie...

Quote Originally Posted by FPDV View Post
    Goeiedag
    Het iemand onlangs by Sodwana gekamp? Ek was seker 10 jaar laas daar agv gewapende rowe, diefstal en agresiewe houding van polisie teenoor kampeerders en strand gebruikers.

Wat is die situasie tans?
    Kinder vriendelik?

Waardeer die terugvoer.
    Frederick

We did not camp, but arranged accommodation. We felt safe around town and initially at the beach. We however, were never confronted or threatened on our excursion.

In a recent visit 14 & 15 November 2020 to Sodwana with the grandchildren

Saturday 9AM, arrive at Sodwana Bay beach, arrange beach permit and proceed to beach
    10H30am, the "crowds" arrive. The parking area at the day visitors (in close proximity to the security at the boom gate) gets overfilled by rowdy visitors in their hundreds. Music and alcohol being unlimited, despite signs all over that no alcohol is allowed.

Needless to say, we left the beach at 11H30.

Sunday 10H30am, arrive at Kosi Mouth - 4X4 vehicles only, expecting a more relaxing time at the beach with the kids.
    By 11am, 3 non four wheel drive bakkies arrive, alcohol flowing and music blaring out. The non 4X4 is easily assisted by the 8 or 10 on the back should they experience difficulty.

Needless to say, we departed at 12H00, as did most of the other visitors there.

Is there no policing in place to take care of these unfortunate situations?

After all, one goes to the beach to stroll around and enjoy the environment, not to "party" and destroy the environment.

North coast will not be seeing me again, Thanx

We camped in the National Park last year over New Year and had no issues and we are going back there after Christmas.

If the main beach becomes too full, we go to the beach behind Mseni Restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by Littledes View Post
    We did not camp, but arranged accommodation. We felt safe around town and initially at the beach. We however, were never confronted or threatened on our excursion.

In a recent visit 14 & 15 November 2020 to Sodwana with the grandchildren

Saturday 9AM, arrive at Sodwana Bay beach, arrange beach permit and proceed to beach
    10H30am, the "crowds" arrive. The parking area at the day visitors (in close proximity to the security at the boom gate) gets overfilled by rowdy visitors in their hundreds. Music and alcohol being unlimited, despite signs all over that no alcohol is allowed.

Needless to say, we left the beach at 11H30.

Sunday 10H30am, arrive at Kosi Mouth - 4X4 vehicles only, expecting a more relaxing time at the beach with the kids.
    By 11am, 3 non four wheel drive bakkies arrive, alcohol flowing and music blaring out. The non 4X4 is easily assisted by the 8 or 10 on the back should they experience difficulty.

Needless to say, we departed at 12H00, as did most of the other visitors there.

Is there no policing in place to take care of these unfortunate situations?

After all, one goes to the beach to stroll around and enjoy the environment, not to "party" and destroy the environment.

North coast will not be seeing me again, Thanx
    Kosi mouth is best avoided on weekends / public holidays, during the week it is normally very quiet.
    Ranger Wildtrak
    Ex Range Rover Sport 5.0 SC
    Ex R5 Touareg with air and RDL
    Lotus 7 replica racecar.