Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Post How much it costs to drive 100km in South Africa’s most popular bakkies

How much it costs to drive 100km in South Africa’s most popular bakkies

Shows Toyota and GWM most expensive.

https://businesstech.co.za/news/moto...ular-bakkies/?

Default Re: How much it costs to drive 100km in South Africa’s most popular bakkies

Those figures are all over the place.

I drive my 1998 Daihatsu Terios 1.3l permanent 4x4 about twice a year maximum and my average is R1/km. It's actually lower but I factor in a head wind should I be in it. The R1.00 rule just makes it easy for me to calculate how much it is going to cost me (maximum) in fuel when I venture out somewhere.

Default Re: How much it costs to drive 100km in South Africa’s most popular bakkies

Don't compare petrol driven vehicle with a diesel vehicle
    Sam
    ZS1SAM
    V5/ZS1SAM

I wear a heavy boot
    '98 Daihatsu Rocky 'The Kitty'
    '02 Daihatsu Rocky 'The Bully'

Another stoopid article, eish......the figures are from the little sticker on the windscreen......which tells me that my FJ uses 11.4 l/100kms
    FJC - Just Cruising

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dirtshark For This Useful Post:

10km/l so R1. 50 per km. If a back wind then R0. 15 per km
    Isuzu STD 2.5d 2x4 rear diffy lock
    2x spotlight,2x fog lights
    215/80/R15c tyres
    1 x great humourous driver
    GPS,Bluetooth
    Eagle eye dash cam --stolen ..bought another one
    snorkel soon
    Craig
    I DON'T LIVE IN AFRICA,AFRICA LIVES IN ME- Kyle my son

I'm not sure what genius decided they would do the difficult maffs in order to explain that if you multiply liters consumed by Randelas that you get the cost.

And not only that, you actually show that the liter/100km figure has a direct relationship to the cost!?
    Who knew that!

I can't imagine that you are so out of content ideas that you end up with this. Motor "journalism" has become a pile of 'top ten' lists and fluff pieces where every car wins the so-caled 'shootout' equally.

It's like private school athletics where everyone gets a medal because they are all winners. I bet this "journalist" that compiled this also got a participation medal. It is no wonder he signed the article as "Staff Writer", I also wouldn't want to admit that this is all I could come up with.
    Last edited by Cyclone101; 2020/11/24 at 06:24 PM.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cyclone101 For This Useful Post:

Mmm. This article does not take resale value, depreciation, parts or service costs, reliability and cost of ownership into account which is the real cost per 100km trip.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bains For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone101 View Post

I can't imagine that you are so out of content ideas that you end up with this. Motor "journalism" has become a pile of 'top ten' lists and fluff pieces where every car wins the so-caled 'shootout' equally.
    And is posted on our forum and will get argued over for pages and pages because they didn't factor in xyz. Which in itself is a pointless exercise
    "Stare, pry, listen, eavesdrop. Die knowing something, you are not here long"
    Walker Evans, Photographer

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Riaan van Wyk For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone101 View Post
    I'm not sure what genius decided they would do the difficult maffs in order to explain that if you multiply liters consumed by Randelas that you get the cost.

And not only that, you actually show that the liter/100km figure has a direct relationship to the cost!?
    Who knew that!

It's like private school athletics where everyone gets a medal because they are all winners. I bet this "journalist" that compiled this also got a participation medal. It is no wonder he signed the article as "Staff Writer", I also wouldn't want to admit that this is all I could come up with.
    Nothing wrong with top ten lists, but for f#^* sakes get it right.......comparing a petrol to a diesel and as I mentioned, using the windscreen stickers data......
    The journo is a Mampara!!
    FJC - Just Cruising

Why would you not compare vehicles, its literally a comparison of options on the market? (petrol or diesel)

I feel a few people are over sensitive of their brands.

Mine uses 13,5L/100km and I'm proud of it. Own your consumption like a real man.

EDIT:
    While it is impossible to accurately track exactly how much petrol you will consume due to factors such as traffic and road quality, it is possible to get a rough estimate of how exactly these petrol prices will impact you current petrol allowance based on manufacturer estimates.
    Last edited by Quiksilver; 2020/11/24 at 09:30 PM.
    2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 CRD Overland - GDE Eco Tune + 2" Lift on 265/70/17 BFG KO2's
    2017 Venter Savuti + Tentco Jnr, Dometic CF50 Fridge + Snomaster Battery Box
    --
    Ex - 2005 Cherokee CRD

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Quiksilver For This Useful Post:

Ok so this is only taking fuel into account, fine. But I want to know who the hell gets 6.5l/100km on his 2.2 Ranger, 6.3lt/100km on a 2.3 Navara and 8.0l/100km on a 2.8 Hilux??. And the list goes on...

There is no chance that is even close to accurate under any kind of real life figures

I recently did a few thousand kilometers in a Renault Sandero, the 900cc 3 cylinder turbo version which is supposedly lights on juice, however I got just over 10l/100km out of it...
    I guess my foot is not the lightest, but there is no way the manufacturers figures are accurate. They should be setting proper parameters for the calculation of these claims, then make the manufacturers comply with it.
    Last edited by Pietsweis; 2020/11/25 at 05:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pietsweis View Post
    Ok so this is only taking fuel into account, fine. But I want to know who the hell gets 6.5l/100km on his 2.2 Ranger, 6.3lt/100km on a 2.3 Navara and 8.0l/100km on a 2.8 Hilux??. And the list goes on...

There is no chance that is even close to accurate under any kind of real life figures

I recently did a few thousand kilometers in a Renault Sandero, the 900cc 3 cylinder turbo version which is supposedly lights on juice, however I got just over 10l/100km out of it...
    I guess my foot is not the lightest, but there is no way the manufacturers figures are accurate. They should be setting proper parameters for the calculation of these claims.
    They do the testing down a mineshaft with the wind from behind, hence the fuel consumption, 0-100 and brake distance figures (The latter happens at the end of the mineshaft).
    Regards

19. The Following User Says Thank You to HeinrichC For This Useful Post:

i read a breakdown from somebody with a 79 cruise. he took all his costs for a year , worked out to a cost of R250.00 a day to drive it.
    2010 D4 V8 HSE
    2018 D/C CRUISER V8
    1290 KTM ADVENTURE R.

Wow, and it's not even Friday.

I don't see 7.7l/100km on my Isuzu 250...
    Stephan G

4x4: 2018 Isuzu KB250 D-Teq 4x4 DC
    Platkar: 2019 Suzuki Baleno GLX

"All of us get lost in the darkness. Dreamers learn to steer by the stars"

Quote Originally Posted by Groenman View Post
    I don't see 7.7l/100km on my Isuzu 250...
    Back wind and down hills do help with economy... If you have a teenager daughter/s, then throw out half their suit cases clothes to lighten load
    Isuzu STD 2.5d 2x4 rear diffy lock
    2x spotlight,2x fog lights
    215/80/R15c tyres
    1 x great humourous driver
    GPS,Bluetooth
    Eagle eye dash cam --stolen ..bought another one
    snorkel soon
    Craig
    I DON'T LIVE IN AFRICA,AFRICA LIVES IN ME- Kyle my son

Quote Originally Posted by hunter26 View Post
    Back wind and down hills do help with economy... If you have a teenager daughter/s, then throw out half their suit cases clothes to lighten load
    Or tow it at 80km/h with the engine idling for aircon, brakes, power steering and some of the latest hot hits on the radio... Do that for about 700km, fill up and check.
    You should see around 7.7 l/100km

HI guys

So what is your real life figures for your bakkies if u have 1 thats on the list?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by rourke View Post
    HI guys

So what is your real life figures for your bakkies if u have 1 thats on the list?

Cheers
    10.4l / 100km

2018 Isuzu KB250 4x4 M/T
    Stephan G

4x4: 2018 Isuzu KB250 D-Teq 4x4 DC
    Platkar: 2019 Suzuki Baleno GLX

"All of us get lost in the darkness. Dreamers learn to steer by the stars"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast