Prado vs Pajero - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Prado vs Pajero

Default Re: Prado vs Pajero

Isn't the Pajero dead anyway? I thought Mitsu announced they are end of sales life?
    Jakes Louw
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

Indeed, production of the current Pajero will cease in 2021. No plans for a new model yet.

The current Prado's production will also come to an end soon. It has been on the market close to 10 years where the normal life cycle is 6 to 7 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    Isn't the Pajero dead anyway? I thought Mitsu announced they are end of sales life?
    Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2 D-ID GLX LWB

The fact still is that, although Iím very happy with my ranger, and itís never given me a moments trouble, I really wish I had bought a pajero.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom13 View Post
    The current Prado's production will also come to an end soon. It has been on the market close to 10 years where the normal life cycle is 6 to 7 years.
    The difference is that Toyota will make a new version. Mitsu has given up.
    Jakes Louw
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jelo For This Useful Post:

New Prado will apparently launch end of 2022.
    Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2 D-ID GLX LWB

Quote Originally Posted by dirtshark View Post
    Poens had a wine or three
    I suppose I also had a wine or three in seeing weird and wonderful things when I saw the Mitshu bakkie disguised as a Fiat.

Nissan, Fiat and Mitshu - two is company. Someone is going to come short, and my guess is it wont be one of the big guys!

The Pajero (the non-bakkie based model) is a wonderful vehicle in spite of its tupperware sand scraping rear bumper. We will be much worse off with its demise!
    Youth is such a wonderful thing - what a pity it is being wasted on the young.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewdjulyan View Post
    Iíve only ever owned a prado but Iíd imagine the pajero engine is better.
    Ive rented paj often. For purely highway driving with a bit of a heavy foot, I feel d4d prado is more responsive, sprightly and car-like of the two. Much as d4d is less powerful on paper, it felt more powerful in driving. I don't know why.

Perhaps because my d4d prado 150 is the 6-speed manual...

Quote Originally Posted by Poen View Post

The Pajero (the non-bakkie based model) is a wonderful vehicle in spite of its tupperware sand scraping rear bumper. We will be much worse off with its demise!
    We've not had a problem with sand scraping, however lifted ours 50mm before travelling in sand (which we've done a lot).

It is indeed challenging to think of a replacement - Toyota too expensive, Patrol not available (here), Wrangler not big enough and too uncomfortable, Iveco too big to get into our apartment parking... Oh well.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to alannymarce For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by alannymarce View Post
    It is indeed challenging to think of a replacement - Toyota too expensive, Patrol not available (here), Wrangler not big enough and too uncomfortable, Iveco too big to get into our apartment parking... Oh well.
    The paj did not need a full replacement yet to stay relevant me thinks. They could have redesigned the interior to make it mordern, and especially that 3rd row. Plus a proper redo of front and back.

A good design talent would have pushed it another decade with interior and exterior facelifts.

Quote Originally Posted by byaru1 View Post
    The paj did not need a full replacement yet to stay relevant me thinks.
    A good design talent would have pushed it another decade with interior and exterior facelifts.
    Many great products have failed because too few people felt passionate about it.
    It is impossible to explain why people buy one product but not the other.
    In this instance it is not about the engineering..they are reliable sturdy cars with a proper track record
    I doubt that it could have been about the styling either. I donít like all the previous designs but the last one is timeless.
    There are many designs that have a huge following, people preferred them because they have not changed in 50 Or more years,
    They might even have a checkered mechnical and production past like LR Or they could have the unwavering backing of the MB G wagon.
    Both look like filing cabinets are ergonomically flawed are noisy and rattle and yet they have cult status and people will continue driving them until there is no more oil.
    Although I have not had any bad service to date it is Ultimately about how much the dealers care about their clients.
    Marketing can only take you so far then it is up to the company to instill a culture that will win trust and build a loyal following.
    It is astounding that new ďbrandsĒ can be developed... And make it when well proven ones falter.
    Toyota realized that however good they were in most premium buyers minds a Camry will not toe the line with a BM or a MB.
    Their solution was the Lexus they created a new benchmark. VW did the same with Audi.
    We have become used to seeing new product releases every year, we live in a throw away culture it is a year old it it worth 30% less chuck it get new one.
    The planet and our wallets will not be able endure it for much longer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2