Question Hilux's Audio System

So i want to play music on USB flash drive (and Micro SD card via USD adaptor) on my Hilux. I'm driving a Hilux 3.0 D4D SR, i believe the model was 2011. So my questions are: What are the limitations? Number of songs? Flash drive data capacity? Type of flash drive?
    Hope you guys can solve my curiosity on Hilux's audio system. Thank you in advance

Default Re: Hilux's Audio System

Do you have the touch screen radio?

Quote Originally Posted by BaaZ View Post
    Do you have the touch screen radio?
    Yes mine is touch screen

I imported one of these. Works well if you want to keep everything standard. Plugs into the Cd changer port of the standard head unit
    http://www.xcarlink.co.uk/home.php?cat=11
    Last edited by Tiaan Pot; 2020/11/04 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by itsanhthuw View Post
    So i want to play music on USB flash drive (and Micro SD card via USD adaptor) on my Hilux. I'm driving a Hilux 3.0 D4D SR, i believe the model was 2011. So my questions are: What are the limitations? Number of songs? Flash drive data capacity? Type of flash drive?
    Hope you guys can solve my curiosity on Hilux's audio system. Thank you in advance
    Surely the questions are related to the type, size and speed of the flash-drive unit, and not the head unit?

I drive a five cylinder bakkie and tow an army inspired van.

For the touch screen radio, i tested two models, the one with the nav button (no navigation) and the one without the nav button (dvd capable)

For the one without the nav button (dvd capable), I could use a memory stick (8GB, 16GB and 32GB) formatted FAT32, the moment there are too many songs on the USB stick, the radio will reboot randomly, even while listening to radio with the USB stick connected, the only fix here was to reduce the number of mp3's on the stick, to around 50. Any mp3 format would normally play. So I decided to load the stick with 360p mp4 videos, and the radio would play videos, when the handbrake is on and parked. So I earthed the hand brake sensor on the radio, and disabled the speed sensor and it will play music videos while driving.

For the unit with the nav button (no navigation), any amount of songs on the stick would work, no reboots etc, but no video function on this radio.

For both units, forget about getting mirrorlink working for android phones, it would require the phone to be on android os 4.1, which I believe is no longer available, well, if it was, where do you find a device capable of running it, release date was in 2012 IIRC.

Hope this helps.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BaaZ For This Useful Post: