Default Wildtrak Sports Bar/Hoop & Armadillo Removal

Hello all,

If I didn't shave my head, I would have pulled my hair out by now I am trying to remove the hoop and Armadillo rollback to fit a canopy, but I can't seem to get the front part loose. I have removed the side bottom brackets, as well as the torque bolts out of under the plastic cover on the top of the sides of the hoop. I have also taken out the bolts in the front sides. But alas, it's still firmly on there!

Any help please? It's a Wildtrak T6 (pre-facelift).

Thanks!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ev09 For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Wildtrak Sports Bar/Hoop & Armadillo Removal

Did you come right with the removal? I want to remove my hoop and now had a quick look after removing the plastic trim. Is it only the bolts as marked in the pic plus the ones at the sides on top of the load bin?

Ps.. anyone looking for a Wildtrak sport hoop, pm me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Resizer_16036558291270.jpg 
Views:	334 
Size:	319.3 KB 
ID:	593399   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Resizer_16036583177410.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	189.4 KB 
ID:	593400  
    Last edited by George; 2020/10/25 at 10:40 PM.
    Disclaimer - All my posts on this forum is without prejudice, is based on my fair assumptions or perceptions, might not be factually correct, is in no way intended to cause harm to anyone and is acted upon at your own discretion.

Ten minutes and the sports bar is off without breaking a sweat.

The process of removing (this is obviously the OEM sport bar and not one of the million after market ones):

1 - Remove both the silver covers on the load bin, exposing 3 x T30 screws per side
    2 - On the inside of the load bin, remove the plastic covers on both sides. 2 x plastic screws per side and unclip the rest towards the back.
    3 - Unclip 4 x plastics clips (2 per side) that attaches to the lip of the load bin
    4 - Remove 3 x T30 screws on the load bin on both sides
    5 - On the left hand side, unclip the power socket from the bracket and disconnect
    6 - Remove 2 x T30 screws on both front sides
    7 - Remove the 2 x size 13 bolts on both sides
    8 - Lift up the sports bar at the front, to clear the load bin sides, and remove

The pics shows all the parts after removal.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by George; 2020/10/26 at 11:44 AM.
    Disclaimer - All my posts on this forum is without prejudice, is based on my fair assumptions or perceptions, might not be factually correct, is in no way intended to cause harm to anyone and is acted upon at your own discretion.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to George For This Useful Post:

OdM

Hi all. That 4 pin clip, what does it power? I bought my Wildtrak with a canopy thus this clip is unused, and would like to get a 3rd brakelight or even the rear curtosy lights going.

It powers exactly that - 2 are for a brake light and 2 for a loadbin light. You'll just have to check with a voltmeter which is which.

The loadbin light switch however only turns it on and it goes off automatically after a while. For a manual operated light at the back pull out that plug a bit further and tap into the cable powering the lighter plug.
    Last edited by George; 2020/11/03 at 05:56 AM.