Default Dunlop Grandtrek AT25

New Hilux is fitted with 265/60 x 18”, Dunlop Grandtrek AT25 tyres. Pls give me a review your experience with the tyre, noise, grip , offroad handling, km etc.

Default Re: Dunlop Grandtrek AT25

Quote Originally Posted by Waals View Post
    New Hilux is fitted with 265/60 x 18”, Dunlop Grandtrek AT25 tyres. Pls give me a review your experience with the tyre, noise, grip , offroad handling, km etc.
    Hi Waals, no replies? How are you finding them?

I did a lot of very bad gravel road travel last week. Since the tyres had already done 77 000 km and I was pressed for time, I drove a bit faster than normally and had to perform a couple of emergency stops at dongas and at deep ruts across the road. I have been looking at the AT5, but after last week I think the AT25 may even be better than the AT3G!

Low noise on tar and at R1600 for a 265/60R18 it is an obvious choice.
    Pieter
    ------
    2018 Fortuner 2.8 4x4

Mine went on the edges. Especially at the front. I would drive them till their done and swap to a stronger tyre. I swopped out to General AT3 now and very happy.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Spatanky For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BarOne View Post
    I did a lot of very bad gravel road travel last week. Since the tyres had already done 77 000 km and I was pressed for time, I drove a bit faster than normally and had to perform a couple of emergency stops at dongas and at deep ruts across the road. I have been looking at the AT5, but after last week I think the AT25 may even be better than the AT3G!

Low noise on tar and at R1600 for a 265/60R18 it is an obvious choice.
    We’re happy to hear you’re having such a great experience with the Dunlop AT25 tyre! Hope you have many more exciting Kilometers!

Quinton De Beer
    Dunlop Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by quintondebeer View Post
    We’re happy to hear you’re having such a great experience with the Dunlop AT25 tyre! Hope you have many more exciting Kilometers!
    I have heard from two sources that tyre dealers trade new AT25 tyres in for R900 each, for those new Fortuner/Hilux buyers wanting more off-road biased tyres. These tyres are then sold again as new tyres. If any new Fortuner / Hilux buyer consider driving out of the showroom with other tyres, I am willing to buy three of those AT25s for R1000 a piece!
    Pieter
    ------
    2018 Fortuner 2.8 4x4