Alternator Rewind ?

Default Alternator Rewind ?

I hope someone can advise me.

Just to give a little background to those that would say i need to rather get a new alternator.

The car that i bought has been a headache from the start. It is a peugeot 407 2.7hdi coupe 2006 model. The reason i'm posting here is because it shares the engine of a Land Rover, the td3 v6 discovery engine and i have gotten more help from this site on my peugeot engine than any other peugeot forums and peugeot dealerships combined (which i learnt is actually a lion engine from ford)

Now the reason i want to rewind the alternator, i bought this car for 40k, i have spend 30k on this car for new shocks, tires, cambelt replacement, tappet cover gaskets and other seal replacements, and all the labour, an new oil pump, a new water pump, and new pulleys.

After all this the engine is leaking coolant only when it gets warm/hot.

Now there are a million things it could be including head gasket and it gets into a headache of a rabbit hole trying to troubleshoot this from all the things i read on many forums about this engine.

PLUS i am not a mechanic so garages are more than happy and very willing to take their time on my tab and replace thing after thing without getting to the bottom of the problem.

And moreover i now read on here that the crank and bearings of this engine is likely to go anytime from now to 220 000km (i'm on 178 000km currently.

Now, because of this seemingly helpless scenario i find myself within, as much as i like the car and how it drives, i'm pouring money into it without getting results and will only be able to sell the car for 30-40k if i am lucky after spending a total of 70k on it.(car purchase included)

So fixing it just so it can ride so i can sell it to someone who is an exceptional optimist, a diy fixer up guy liking a real challenege, i want to do with the least amount spent as the alternator is also not working now.

So my question is:

Does anyone know who i can contact that won't run away with my alternator, that can come and remove it, get it rewound and replace it here in roodepoort where the car resides.

I have had a quote from a guy called George from (perfect auto electricians) 073 175 3862 in randburg for R1500. I also read two, not so good reviews from hellopeter on this guy, but could it have been exceptions ??

https://www.hellopeter.com/perfect-auto-electrician

Any guidance would be appreciated, it is such a pleasure to drive this car and the engine performs flawlessly, but the impending doom that possibly awaits is just too much for my poor little soul to bare, i'd rather let it go for 30-35k try and recover from these sleepless nights.
    Last edited by stumpo; 2020/10/27 at 11:03 AM.

Default Re: Alternator Rewind ?

thanks for the help

Default Re: Alternator Rewind ?

Try bendix drive services - they have done miracles for me in the past, in vereeniging.

016 422-5800