Our first Suzuki. A Clean Grand Vitara.

Default Our first Suzuki. A Clean Grand Vitara.

We were looking for a family car that would also suit our outdoor lifestyle. Looked a few 3.2 Auto Pajero Sport's since I had one before but ultimately settled on a Grand Vitara 2.4 Manual. The vehicle had one owner since new with full service history with agents. It is a 2012 model and mileage is 177 000km. The high mileage didnt bug me because the vehicle was owned by a lady that often traveled between cities for work purposes.

R135k and there is nothing I can notice that needs to be resolved. I even called agents to confirm history and was told it has been one owner till now with full history as stated in service book.

Going to replace wiper blades as a precaution and thinking of replacing headlight bulbs too. Took it for a drive at night to check the lights last night low beam seems to be lacking? Thinking of adding an LED bar in future.

Also checked transfer case operation on a patch of grass everything working fine.

Anyways. We happy. And it looks cheeky even though it is 100% stock.

Last edited by StangV2_0; 2020/10/24 at 09:08 AM.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to StangV2_0 For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Our first Suzuki. A Clean Grand Vitara.

Congrats, a rare auto you found! Many happy miles and welcome to the Suzuki family!
    Sent from my iPhone

You will be surprised where that car can go, with some small mods you can do a Namib desert tour. Saw it with my own eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel 4x4 View Post
    Congrats, a rare auto you found! Many happy miles and welcome to the Suzuki family!

Think you need your eyes tested. Hehe.

2.4 manual...
    2011 Suzuki Grand Vitara 3.2 V6, Still Stock. Only upgraded the headlights and fog lights. Osram CBI d2s bulbs, clear lens. With the fog's I retrofitted BMW X5 Led Fogs into the std Suzuki fog lights.

SOLD
    2010 Suzuki Jimny with 215/75 R15 Maxxis Mud's, GIZ fiberglass snorkel, GIZ brake line extenders, GIZ 3" Suspension Kit, Bonnet,Light and Window guard, Bi-Xenon Projector Headlights, Custom Bumper, Front Diff Protector, T-Case Protector, Radial arm cup protectors, Steering Damper and smash and grab.

Quote Originally Posted by StangV2_0 View Post
    We were looking for a family car that would also suit our outdoor lifestyle. Looked a few 3.2 Auto Pajero Sport's since I had one before but ultimately settled on a Grand Vitara 2.4 Manual. The vehicle had one owner since new with full service history with agents. It is a 2012 model and mileage is 177 000km. The high mileage didnt bug me because the vehicle was owned by a lady that often traveled between cities for work purposes.

R135k and there is nothing I can notice that needs to be resolved. I even called agents to confirm history and was told it has been one owner till now with full history as stated in service book.

Going to replace wiper blades as a precaution and thinking of replacing headlight bulbs too. Took it for a drive at night to check the lights last night low beam seems to be lacking? Thinking of adding an LED bar in future.

Also checked transfer case operation on a patch of grass everything working fine.

Anyways. We happy. And it looks cheeky even though it is 100% stock.

Congrats on the Gv.

You will enjoy it. May you have many safe kms in the Gv.
    2011 Suzuki Grand Vitara 3.2 V6, Still Stock. Only upgraded the headlights and fog lights. Osram CBI d2s bulbs, clear lens. With the fog's I retrofitted BMW X5 Led Fogs into the std Suzuki fog lights.

SOLD
    2010 Suzuki Jimny with 215/75 R15 Maxxis Mud's, GIZ fiberglass snorkel, GIZ brake line extenders, GIZ 3" Suspension Kit, Bonnet,Light and Window guard, Bi-Xenon Projector Headlights, Custom Bumper, Front Diff Protector, T-Case Protector, Radial arm cup protectors, Steering Damper and smash and grab.

Quote Originally Posted by cruzer244 View Post

2.4 manual...
    Perhaps Rebel 4x4 was meaning " a rare AUTOMOBILE " not necessarily AUTOMATIC.

Quote Originally Posted by shfish View Post
    Perhaps Rebel 4x4 was meaning " a rare AUTOMOBILE " not necessarily AUTOMATIC.
    Yes yes, exactly what I meant (learning German at the moment)
    Last edited by Rebel 4x4; 2020/10/25 at 07:15 PM.
    Sent from my iPhone

Congrats on the Gv.

You will enjoy it. May you have many safe kms in the Gv.
    I cannot believe you missed his "complaint" about the lights.. you have a much better solution than a light bar..

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Fearl3SS For This Useful Post:

2.4 manual...
    I know that, did not say automatic. Auto in german is vehicle.
    Last edited by Rebel 4x4; 2020/10/27 at 09:00 AM.
    Sent from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Fearl3SS View Post
    I cannot believe you missed his "complaint" about the lights.. you have a much better solution than a light bar..
    Yes I know but he just brought the Gv.. so can’t throw him will a solution... but in short....
    High beam
    Low beam
    Quad Bi-xenon/led projectors
    Last edited by cruzer244; 2020/10/27 at 06:13 PM.

SOLD

Yes I know but he just brought the Gv.. so can’t throw him will a solution... but in short....
    High beam
    Low beam
    Quad Bi-xenon/led projectors
    I Have just done a trip to JHB. Left PE on Sunday morning 5am. Left JHB this morning at 4am to EL. Heading back to PE tomorrow. Car ran like a dream didnt miss a beat. Got 9.5L per 100km on way up and 8.8L per 100km on way down to EL. Crusing most of the time around 125km/h on GPS In some places a bit more.

You have my interest with these lights. The low beam is terrible. Tell me more?

Quote Originally Posted by StangV2_0 View Post
    I Have just done a trip to JHB. Left PE on Sunday morning 5am. Left JHB this morning at 4am to EL. Heading back to PE tomorrow. Car ran like a dream didnt miss a beat. Got 9.5L per 100km on way up and 8.8L per 100km on way down to EL. Crusing most of the time around 125km/h on GPS In some places a bit more.

You have my interest with these lights. The low beam is terrible. Tell me more?
    I had a trip to PE during lockdown lv 3. Left pta at 5pm. Loved my lights so much. Low and high as the road was open. No cars etc.

I swopped out my std Low beam Hid projectors with Bi-xenon projectors “bi means low and high beam”

I think you have the normal Halogen projectors?

SOLD

I had a trip to PE during lockdown lv 3. Left pta at 5pm. Loved my lights so much. Low and high as the road was open. No cars etc.

I swopped out my std Low beam Hid projectors with Bi-xenon projectors “bi means low and high beam”

I think you have the normal Halogen projectors?
    From what I can tell these are still stock. And do they lose brightness over time? I cant believe they were this poor when the car was bought new? They are really bad. Without the fog lights on you cant see if the are actually working. The high beam is ok though. Could be better but far from great.