Default Discovery 4 issues

Hi all,

I have a 2011 Disco 4 SE and need advice on a few matters.
    I only received 1 key when I bought the car and have since then bought a used key for a Jaguar which looks the same as the key used by my son in his 2012 Disco. Different to mine but can it work?
    The daytime running LED lights don't come on during normal driving. On auto they work fine when in dark or shaded areas. Can this be made to work like the ones on my son's 2012 model which stay on during normal daytime driving?
    The air-con is full of gas but seems to work when it feels like it. Will blow cool air and the blow warm air. Compressor seems to be working but I can't work out why?
    Lastly,
    If anyone has a spare tow plug cover? mine was stolen.
    I am looking for a retractable luggage cover. Never got one with the car.
    I am also looking for a rubber floor mat for the rear seats. The longer piece is torn.

Thanks guys.

Default Re: Discovery 4 issues

The key can be programmed to the car, I did this with my IID tool, I have a spare tow cover, you are welcome to it
    Ranger Wildtrak
    Ex Range Rover Sport 5.0 SC
    Ex R5 Touareg with air and RDL
    Lotus 7 replica racecar.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexW View Post
    Hi all,

I have a 2011 Disco 4 SE and need advice on a few matters.
    I only received 1 key when I bought the car and have since then bought a used key for a Jaguar which looks the same as the key used by my son in his 2012 Disco. Different to mine but can it work?
    The daytime running LED lights don't come on during normal driving. On auto they work fine when in dark or shaded areas. Can this be made to work like the ones on my son's 2012 model which stay on during normal daytime driving?
    The air-con is full of gas but seems to work when it feels like it. Will blow cool air and the blow warm air. Compressor seems to be working but I can't work out why?
    Lastly,
    If anyone has a spare tow plug cover? mine was stolen.
    I am looking for a retractable luggage cover. Never got one with the car.
    I am also looking for a rubber floor mat for the rear seats. The longer piece is torn.

Thanks guys.
    When you say the aircon, do you mean climate control? If so your car will blow hot air if the interior temp is lower than the selected temp, can be confusing.

On our 2011 you cannot. You have to turn the switch to on, rather than auto. Happy to be corrected if I have it wrong, though.
    Tyrannosaurus R5 (sold, but still missing it) and a second hand British Tata and now a small German SUV with working indicators.

"I often wonder what it must be like to be so strong, infallible, articulate, self-content .... and wrong."
    - Pam Ayres

There is a setting in the CCF to enable the day time lights. You need a diagnostic tool to be able to do it.

The aircon issue is the control valve on the compressor. Need to replace it

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MikeBob For This Useful Post:

Cool Re: Discovery 4 issues

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtheman View Post
    The key can be programmed to the car, I did this with my IID tool, I have a spare tow cover, you are welcome to it
    Thanks for the info and your kind offer of the cover. I would be very willing to cover postage to Durban. Please can you email me at [email protected] and we can chat?
    Thanks again, Alex

Cool Re: Discovery 4 issues

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBob View Post
    There is a setting in the CCF to enable the day time lights. You need a diagnostic tool to be able to do it.

The aircon issue is the control valve on the compressor. Need to replace it
    Thanks for the info MikeBob, Do you know of any way to replace the control valve without lifting the body off the chassis?
    Thanks, Alex

Thanks for the info MikeBob, Do you know of any way to replace the control valve without lifting the body off the chassis?
    Thanks, Alex
    Yes itís easily doable. Iíll pm you