Campsite Prices South Africa - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Campsite Prices South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by Southerndreams View Post
    There was a thread a few days ago mentioning prices for camping in SA would be too high
    I've booked a tour along the coast from CT to Ithala and thought I'm going to share the prices with you.
    We have a Wild Card. Prices are for 2 people per night and for campsites except at Addo where I booked a chalet at Mathyolweni,
    because they had only tent sites available.

Bontebok NP R267
    Garden Route NP Stormsriver R360
    Addo NP R1910
    Yellow Sands Caravan Park (pensioner price) R120
    Mbotyi Lodge and Camping R240
    Ovaflo Resort R210
    Ithala GR Doornkraal R350
    Shemula (near Tembe, forum members get discount) R 200

I do not feel campsite prices are too high, contrary, they are absolutely reasonable.
    A caravan site at Addo would have cost R390 and the regular price at Yellow Sands would be R300

Also, I did last minute bookings for the next week, there are school holidays, but none of the places were full.

So please guys, get your gear out of the garage and support the businesses
    Mid-week prices for camping in Gauteng, Limpopo & Northwest are reasonable, but very high over weekends & school holidays. Some of the resorts do not allow mid-week camping except over long weekends and school holidays, which is a pity!

Quote Originally Posted by Southerndreams View Post
    There was a thread a few days ago mentioning prices for camping in SA would be too high
    I've booked a tour along the coast from CT to Ithala and thought I'm going to share the prices with you.
    We have a Wild Card. Prices are for 2 people per night and for campsites except at Addo where I booked a chalet at Mathyolweni,
    because they had only tent sites available.

Bontebok NP R267
    Garden Route NP Stormsriver R360
    Addo NP R1910
    Yellow Sands Caravan Park (pensioner price) R120
    Mbotyi Lodge and Camping R240
    Ovaflo Resort R210
    Ithala GR Doornkraal R350
    Shemula (near Tembe, forum members get discount) R 200

I do not feel campsite prices are too high, contrary, they are absolutely reasonable.
    A caravan site at Addo would have cost R390 and the regular price at Yellow Sands would be R300

Also, I did last minute bookings for the next week, there are school holidays, but none of the places were full.

So please guys, get your gear out of the garage and support the businesses
    That is so cheap and envy you. On Thursday we will be paying approximately R600 a night for a fully serviced pitch with water and waste hookup. It is Oct here in the UK and the weather is quite cool as down to 3C at night with a maximum of about 12V during the day.
    2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit CRD chased by a 2018 Buccaneer Cruiser twin axle caravan.

As Western Cape is my home province, most of the entries are for there but feel free to let me know of any other budget campsites you might know of...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...jZ7Lc/htmlview

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to d7e7r7 For This Useful Post:

Great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by d7e7r7 View Post
    As Western Cape is my home province, most of the entries are for there but feel free to let me know of any other budget campsites you might know of...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...jZ7Lc/htmlview

“Africa changes you forever, like nowhere on earth. Once you have been there, you will never be the same." - Ernest Hemingway

We found that prices have increased considerably from this time last year to now.
    Dinokeng do get very expensive.

We love to do bush camping and the remote places do have acceptable prices and so does SANPARKS.
    Going to Cape Vidal got very expensive and so did a number of other camps along the coast in KZN.
    Some gems like Amatigulu are run down and suddenly not safe any more.

So we joined Kampmal on FB with the Mid-mal vriende (no member fees).
    The requirement is that it will be two adults per campsite, no kids.
    99% of the camps are fine for large road caravans. Selective group of a few people will go to bush camps.
    We camp from Sunday to Friday morning and arrange up front with camps for a good price provided we can get 15 or more caravans/tents to go.
    e.g. we camped at Hartbeesfontein for R110 a night and had 26 campsites filled - there were 4 empty sites.
    From 1 Nov to 18 Nov we pay R1400, that is R100 a night and possibly will almost fill the camp for two weeks at Rietvleidam Ventersdorp.
    At Rustoord (Brits) we did the same, all 18 filled and a number of people had to be turned away (nice place to visit outside summer as the trees are a bit small).

At Drieberge we had 43 caravans for the midweek for R130 a night - no empty campsites.
    This was more than we expected and the owner was happy.
    Next camp 31 Jan 2021, cost R650 from Sunday to Friday and almost full.

Klein Paradys (Eersbewoon pad outside Nylstroom) might be full, price will be R650 from Sunday 7 March to Friday and if you include the weekend R1050

You will find that Dube will also give discount for large groups.

Conclusion if you can arrange a mid week with a guarantee of half or more campsites filled prices come down.
    At one campsite the owner said to us if we can not get 15 caravans together he is losing. So he require 15 campsites filled to break even, must say we manage to all most fill the camp and we got a very decent price.
    For the individual to camp on his own it tends to be very expensive.
    Last edited by Danie S; 2020/10/26 at 09:21 PM.
    Danie & Marinda - die wiele is rond, dus moet hulle hardloop - afgetree nou leef ons net.
    2017 BL - Kewer B1115 RUS WA GP - bos en kamp tyd
    2016 Ford Fiesta Ecoboost - daaglikse ryding
    2013 Ford Ranger 3.2 DC XLT 4x4 - nuwe rondloop ry ding, nou sleep ons! (2017)
    2011 Echo 4, die RUSWA-ZN - (verkoop 44 000 km)
    2010 Ford Ranger 2.5 DT DC XLT 4x4 - rondloop ry ding met "bietjie ekstra" krag (Verkoop 177 000 km)
    2005 Chev Aveo - Afgeskryf (2016 130 000)
    2005 Opel Corsa 17DTi - Geruil (warm enjin 180 000)
    2003 Opel Corsa 17DTi - Geruil (warm enjin 150 00)
    2000 Nissan Hardbody - Geruil (pyne by die duisended 52 000 km)
    1998 Opel Kadett - Dogter se wiele geword in 2003 (baie warm enjin 116 000 km)
    1990 Datsun 1800 short wheelbase - Pa se ou plaas bakkie, na die Nissan die pad gevat het met sy probleme in 2003 (117 00km)
    1990 Hilux 2.4D - en hy kon loop, pomp en top gewerk aan.
    1984 Opel Commondore - het gehardloop
    1983 Safary 3 karavaan - verkoop en begin tent in 2000 (51 000 km)
    1980 Ford Granada 3.0 - warm enjin afgeskryf
    1969 VW 1600 TL - geen einde nie, warm enjin en geruil
    1968 VW 1600 L - geen einde en baie warm enjin, verkoop in 1998 (328 000 myl/525 000 km)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Danie S For This Useful Post:

Campsite prices in Sa and Namibia are to high , even b&b ar e out of reach for most. We have done 3 camping trips Germany to Italy Prices are arround 40 eu for for people with tents The bathrooms are mostly moden and always very clean and some heated . A cabin about 50 eu

Quote Originally Posted by gwaza View Post
    Campsite prices in Sa and Namibia are to high , even b&b ar e out of reach for most. We have done 3 camping trips Germany to Italy Prices are arround 40 eu for for people with tents The bathrooms are mostly moden and always very clean and some heated . A cabin about 50 eu
    Wow you were well and truly ripped off. We have a caravan and the average price of a pitch on the Continent is €20 a night for the two of us plus 3 dogs including EHU. For a fully serviced pitch with water and waste water hookup cost is under €30 a night. In Spain it is even cheaper. Main reason why we prefer to camp on the Continent rather than in the UK. Next time you visit, join ACSI to get good discounts on pitches.
    2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit CRD chased by a 2018 Buccaneer Cruiser twin axle caravan.

Our camping experience the last ten days.

Armica near Wesselsbron - R200
    Kandirri lion farm, Petrusburg - R250
    Mokala SANParks - R465
    Puruma Pride lion farm, Bothaville - R250
    Eastco Parys - R330

Certainly affordable.
    Johan Maree
    Isuzu 300 d-tec
    MB Gwagen G350 Bluetec
    Nissan NP300 2.4 4x4
    Conqueror UEV-25

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JohanMaree For This Useful Post:

Johan, is the rate per day?

Quote Originally Posted by Emmie L View Post
    Johan, is the rate per day?

Correct. Two persons.

All with ablutions (some private) except Armica that was complete bushcamp with no amenities amongst wildlife on a game farm.
    Johan Maree
    Isuzu 300 d-tec
    MB Gwagen G350 Bluetec
    Nissan NP300 2.4 4x4
    Conqueror UEV-25

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2