Vehicle registration





Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    54
    Posts
    3,176
    Thanked: 2055

    Default Vehicle registration

    What is involved in re-licensing a scrapped vehicle?

    I have an option on a fixer-upper, but it is scrapped, and that is worrying me.
    Cheers,
    John Kilfoil

    Rover P6
    Land Rover Discovery II Td5 Manual
    Range Rover P38 HSE
    Moto Guzzi LeMans
    Aprilia Tuono V2

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Kraaifontein
    Age
    39
    Posts
    69
    Thanked: 26

    Default Re: Vehicle registration

    Hi, I recently bought a bakkie that was scrapped. As long as you have the scrap papers then you are good.

    First go to the licence office and inform them of your intention to re-register the vehicle. They will give you a form, that you take with the vechile for police clearance. After that take the vehicle to be weighed. Go back the licence office and they then reload the vehicle on the system. Take it for roadworthy and back to the license office to get you disk.

    This is the procedure that I followed.
    The vehicle will be registered as a rebuild.

    Brynmor
    Brynmor

    2014 Ford Ranger 3.2 Extracab 4x2
    2012 Ford Ranger 3.2 Extracab 4x2 (Sold)

    2009 Mazda BT50 3.0 Extracab 4x2 (Sold)

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Boeta-W For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    54
    Posts
    3,176
    Thanked: 2055

    Default Re: Vehicle registration

    Quote Originally Posted by Boeta-W View Post
    Hi, I recently bought a bakkie that was scrapped. As long as you have the scrap papers then you are good.

    First go to the licence office and inform them of your intention to re-register the vehicle. They will give you a form, that you take with the vechile for police clearance. After that take the vehicle to be weighed. Go back the licence office and they then reload the vehicle on the system. Take it for roadworthy and back to the license office to get you disk.

    This is the procedure that I followed.
    The vehicle will be registered as a rebuild.

    Brynmor
    What are the implications of that with regard to insurance?
    Cheers,
    John Kilfoil

    Rover P6
    Land Rover Discovery II Td5 Manual
    Range Rover P38 HSE
    Moto Guzzi LeMans
    Aprilia Tuono V2

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Marble Hall
    Age
    31
    Posts
    102
    Thanked: 11

    Default Re: Vehicle registration

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnoK View Post
    What are the implications of that with regard to insurance?
    As far as I know insurance companies don't insure rebuild vehicle's

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    De Wildt
    Age
    58
    Posts
    39,328
    Thanked: 15757

    Default Re: Vehicle registration

    Quote Originally Posted by Bostoe2 View Post
    As far as I know insurance companies don't insure rebuild vehicle's
    Any roadworthy vehicle can be insured
    Jakes Louw
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to jelo For This Useful Post:


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •