This Lantern?

Thread: This Lantern?

Default This Lantern?

Hi.

Does anyone have this piece of light which also works as a power bank?
    How is the light? Brightness in Lumen? Anyone?
    Not a bad deal for 500 bucks, I think.

https://www.astrumworld.com/in/en/chargers-power-banks/1326-pb100.html

Name:  pb100.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  38.1 KB
    Last edited by Teryos; 2020/10/16 at 08:40 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Teryos For This Useful Post:

Default Re: This Lantern?

I'm sorry I can't really comment on this particular light other than to say that I considered the same type of thing awhile back for my off grid camping trips and I went a different route. I bought these 4 motion sensor solar lights for R230 https://www.takealot.com/cob-solar-p...4/PLID54512447. They're absolutely brilliant 600 lumens is bright enough and because they are activated by motion sensor you only get light when you need it and they give 4 hours of continuous light. Our regime is to place them in the sun in the morning for a recharge and position them where you need them at night. At R60 each they're cheap and cheerful so I consider them to be almost a consumable item. The versatility is fantastic and I simply position them where I need light and I don't worry about trying to locating the on switch in the dark. Of course you don't get the power bank if that's what you need.

Quote Originally Posted by River Rat View Post
    I'm sorry I can't really comment on this particular light other than to say that I considered the same type of thing awhile back for my off grid camping trips and I went a different route. I bought these 4 motion sensor solar lights for R230 https://www.takealot.com/cob-solar-p...4/PLID54512447. They're absolutely brilliant 600 lumens is bright enough and because they are activated by motion sensor you only get light when you need it and they give 4 hours of continuous light. Our regime is to place them in the sun in the morning for a recharge and position them where you need them at night. At R60 each they're cheap and cheerful so I consider them to be almost a consumable item. The versatility is fantastic and I simply position them where I need light and I don't worry about trying to locating the on switch in the dark. Of course you don't get the power bank if that's what you need.
    Bit of a hijack

Can you switch these to continuous light - meaning just on, not needing motion to stay lit?

You say they lasted 4 hours on a full charge continious?

Need a couple of these to light up my driveway
    Ford Ranger 3.0Tdci Super Cab 4x4 (workshop whore)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to WAJ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WAJ View Post
    Bit of a hijack

Can you switch these to continuous light - meaning just on, not needing motion to stay lit?

You say they lasted 4 hours on a full charge continious?

Need a couple of these to light up my driveway
    I haven't used them like that but there is a timer adjustment, a bit crude but it should work. Personally I have my doubt's whether they'll last that long in that type of application which is why I see them as a consumable item.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to River Rat For This Useful Post:

WAJ

Ja they tend to drive the LED very hard for maximum light at the expense of duration of the batteries and lifespan of the leds.
    Ford Ranger 3.0Tdci Super Cab 4x4 (workshop whore)

I had Ultratec LED lights for years which also had a built in power bank, back then they were around R500 for a set of 2, and it also came in a nice padded bag with 12V and 230V chargers. You could place them on a table or hang them up in a tent or tree. One got stolen one year at Strab in Mozambique and the other got driven over by a bakkie.

The next lantern type light I want to buy is the Nitecore LR10, they look awesome.
    It's in pubs where the world's greatest ideas begin.

https://brightstarlighting.co.za/product/bulb-led-921/

I have this one at home. The torch and lantern is decent. The warm white with dimming function is nice as well
    Riaan
    Mahindra S10 DC Pikup
    GWM Steed DC 2.8 TCi - Dastek(Sold)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to relec For This Useful Post: