Victron Multiplus Question - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Victron Multiplus Question

Quote Originally Posted by ekkekan View Post
    Daar is seker lekkerder CHALLENGES in die lewe as om met 'n Victron te sukkel . . Geniet dit my maat. Jy sal hom wel onder kry.
    Yes! Maar hierdie, glo dit of nie, is verbasend genoeg (vir my ten minste) 'n lekker sukkel

Baie dankie vir jou bydraes in die agtergrond ook!

Quote Originally Posted by the_terrible_triplett View Post
    Sukkel ... ag nee wat. Dis nou nie waar nie.

Soos enige nuwe ding wat mens aanpak, sodra mens oor die eerste groot leer kurwe kom om sin van alles te maak, van al die opsies wat mens kan doen en nie kan doen, kan doen, dan is dit afdraende pad van daar.

As mens nie nog dieper wil indelf, want mens kan, en jy settle met wat vir jou werk, dan is dit boring maklik.

Kom net agter die basiese settings itv van "do not touch unless you have to", "doen dit eerder so met jou tipe toerusting" en watter settings is soos in "gaan maar bos ou maat, speel lekker!".

En dis tog vir ENIGE produk daarbuite wat settings het.

Swartkat het nou sy data deeglik begin beloer en dis waar die vrae begin uitkom het.

Dit wil voorkom of dit 'n "double whammy" was.
    Die een 'n setting wat op die oog af sinvol lyk agv te min panele met 'n lekker size bank, maar nie is agv hoe battery werk
    En dan ook onvoorsiene verhoogde aand gebruik.
    Nou weet Swartkat twee nuwe goed wat hy nie voorheen geweet het van ... ons help mekaar graag.
    Yesss!

As jy volgens die boek wil gaan, ja ek stem. Dan is dit boring maklik. Maar waneer jy nie begin soos wat die solar fat cats afskop met 'n R200k sisteem nie, en self aan die ding begin bou van klein af en uitbrei, DAN begin mens leer en verstaan.

Ek geniet die sisteem erg!

Watch this space waneer my groter panele opgekoppel word
    Nico Swart

Triton 2.5DiD D/C with SS
    ZS6NJS

One day, or Day One. You decide. Tomorrow is promised for no one!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Die SwartKat For This Useful Post:

I have a Multiplus II 3kVA and it works very well IMHO.

IIRC the VRM data is based on samples / measurements being uploaded to a cloud service, it is not real time, nor do I believe the sample rate is very high?

I run my geyser as non-critical, because I do not want it to overload my inverter or eat the batteries. I do clearly see the geyser's consumption on the VRM graphs.

The Victron Connect app or the web UI shows clear instantaneous / real time data, and I can see all the happenings in my system.

I do have a unique challenge with our old prepaid meter though, as when I set the Victron's minimum demand from the mains too low, the prepaid will trip on reverse current sensed. This means I am wasting quite a bit of power that could otherwise have been supplied from Old Spike, but that's what I have to live with given a completely disfunctional municipality. For that reason, I also switch the geyser on at night (early morning) so as to prevent any nuisance tripping when this large load switches off. The longer term plan is to add a solar collector to the geyser or completely get the geyser off electrical power.

I use lead-acid batteries and cycle them to 80% SOC every day.
    ZS6VL

Apologies for the belated response.

I wished my figures looked like yours!

533Kwh vs my 47Kwh

Please tell me the size of your panels and how many you have and how they're connected? I have 14 panels with 7 facing east and 7 west (swimming pool heating takes op the usable portion of the roof that faces north). If I remember correctly it is 380w Canadian Solar panels. On a sunny day, I can generate op to 3600/hour and 30kwh for the day (winter in Stellenbosch = +/- 12 to 14kwa)

Yes, my geyser is on a timer and is fairly well insulated. I might even add a geyser thermal blanket. I have used Sonof smart switches to program the geysers, swimming pool and borehole pumps.

Cooking is done mostly done on gas.

Could I please ask you to see if your system also does what mine does? This would help tremendously. My system works perfectly and I can see when a geyser switches on or pumps etc. as per the spikes in the word document I posted earlier. My only problem is between between 7 and 9 in the evening. I had to program the geyser to not run simultaneously as I run the risk to exceed 10,000W usage with 2 geysers, stove, kettle etc. Had a perfect storm once when the 2 geysers were on as well as the stove. My wife turned on the kettle and one of the kids played with aircon remote which resulted in a couple of blown fuses at the battery.

[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by An3s View Post
    I have a Multiplus II 3kVA and it works very well IMHO.

IIRC the VRM data is based on samples / measurements being uploaded to a cloud service, it is not real time, nor do I believe the sample rate is very high?

I run my geyser as non-critical, because I do not want it to overload my inverter or eat the batteries. I do clearly see the geyser's consumption on the VRM graphs.

The Victron Connect app or the web UI shows clear instantaneous / real time data, and I can see all the happenings in my system.

I do have a unique challenge with our old prepaid meter though, as when I set the Victron's minimum demand from the mains too low, the prepaid will trip on reverse current sensed. This means I am wasting quite a bit of power that could otherwise have been supplied from Old Spike, but that's what I have to live with given a completely disfunctional municipality. For that reason, I also switch the geyser on at night (early morning) so as to prevent any nuisance tripping when this large load switches off. The longer term plan is to add a solar collector to the geyser or completely get the geyser off electrical power.

I use lead-acid batteries and cycle them to 80% SOC every day.
    Andries thanks.

It seems our setups are very similar.

Some more information please as I continue the search for my problem.

The VRM portal in terms of my layman standards is real time enough for me. When I turn a critical load on, it shows on the portal within 5-10 seconds.

My geyser as yours, is also non critical. But as stated, no indication from the VRM portal that it has switched on.

Questions:

1. Do you have the Carlo Gavazzi or similar energy meter installed?
    2. Do you have any current sensor installed?
    3. Is anything connected to your AC out2 port on the Multi?
    4. Could you please upload an example of your VRM graph where it shows your geyser was turned on, and how do you know it was the geyser? Purely based on the time of the spike?
    Nico Swart

ZS6NJS

Quote Originally Posted by stb View Post
    apologies for the belated response.

i wished my figures looked like yours!

533kwh vs my 47kwh

please tell me the size of your panels and how many you have and how they're connected? I have 14 panels with 7 facing east and 7 west (swimming pool heating takes op the usable portion of the roof that faces north). If i remember correctly it is 380w canadian solar panels. On a sunny day, i can generate op to 3600/hour and 30kwh for the day (winter in stellenbosch = +/- 12 to 14kwa)

yes, my geyser is on a timer and is fairly well insulated. I might even add a geyser thermal blanket. I have used sonof smart switches to program the geysers, swimming pool and borehole pumps.

cooking is done mostly done on gas.

could i please ask you to see if your system also does what mine does? This would help tremendously. My system works perfectly and i can see when a geyser switches on or pumps etc. As per the spikes in the word document i posted earlier. My only problem is between between 7 and 9 in the evening. I had to program the geyser to not run simultaneously as i run the risk to exceed 10,000w usage with 2 geysers, stove, kettle etc.
    had a perfect storm once when the 2 geysers were on as well as the stove. My wife turned on the kettle and one of the kids played with aircon remote which resulted in a couple of blown fuses at the battery.

wow i can only imagine!

same questions please with regards to your setup.

1. Do you have the carlo gavazzi or similar energy meter installed?
    2. Do you have any form of current sensor installed?
    3. Is anything connected to your ac out2 port on your inverter (don't know of you also have the multiplus ii?
    4. Where do you see your spikes in non critical power? Also the vrm portal? Or via victron connect bluetooth app?

[/quote]
    Nico Swart

ZS6NJS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2