Default Botswana Footprints - Bookings

Hi All

Is anyone else having problems with their bookings at Botswana Footprints of late?
    Because of Covid 19 we had no choice to mover our 3 week booking in August 2020 to August 2021. This was a very difficult process with many emails and a telephone calls, through footprints but we eventually sorted out dates and bookings and where told that all was confirmed via email but that we needed to pay final deposits to get our vouchers etc. This we did straight away. Since then we have really!! been struggling to get the vouchers and confirmations plus park fee vouchers with excuse after excuse, week after week. We feel very concerned/exposed that after handing over a large sum of money we have no vouchers or security for our booking. If they go out of business which is very possible in the current climate we have nothing at all to show for it.

Let me know if anyone else is having the same issues.
    Does anyone know who owns Footprints ? or their contact details?

Default Re: Botswana Footprints - Bookings

About to pay our deposit to Botswana Footprints so keen to hear any feedback too.

Booked an payed with them for a trip end of April next year with no issues.
    replies to my mails were within a day.

however still no vouchers, will follow up and let you know if they come back to me.

I am having exactly the same problem with my April booking at Mabua that was moved from 2020 to 2021 due to covid.

This is the reply I keep getting:

Thank you so much for your email, I am still waiting for confirmations from the operators. I will get back to you.

I have sent a few mails, with the same reply. Still have a bit of time I guess...

Regards

Some feedback after I spoke with the yesterday.
    So its not a Botswana Footprints problem, they simply cant make our payments with national parks because we reside outside of the country.

DWNP are not taking any payments at the moment( only for residents & citizens) we are not able to pay for your park fees.
    They will start taking payment when the borders are opened and we not sure when they will b opening as the state of Emergency has been extended by six months.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay_B View Post
    Some feedback after I spoke with the yesterday.
    So its not a Botswana Footprints problem, they simply cant make our payments with national parks because we reside outside of the country.

DWNP are not taking any payments at the moment( only for residents & citizens) we are not able to pay for your park fees.
    They will start taking payment when the borders are opened and we not sure when they will b opening as the state of Emergency has been extended by six months.
    Hie
    I dont understand here. If its a rescheduled booking, why paying DWNP. Because its just requesting the DWNP to move the bookings from August 2020 to August 2021.
    The DWNP is not taking payments for NEW BOOKINGS yet.

Quote Originally Posted by PAT n WOLF View Post
    Hie
    I dont understand here. If its a rescheduled booking, why paying DWNP. Because its just requesting the DWNP to move the bookings from August 2020 to August 2021.
    The DWNP is not taking payments for NEW BOOKINGS yet.
    Mine is for new bookings, i am not sure about previous bookings been rescheduled.

Very happy with the service to-date. Quick to reply and bookings made for May 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by NealFarrell View Post
    Very happy with the service to-date. Quick to reply and bookings made for May 2021.
    Are you referring to the new booking made now since DWNP indicated that they don't take new bookings till further notice.

So I got confirmation last week that our bookings have been done with National Parks for end of April, they were busy finalizing all the vouchers.

Now I just hope boarders open in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay_B View Post
    So I got confirmation last week that our bookings have been done with National Parks for end of April, they were busy finalizing all the vouchers.Now I just hope boarders open in time.
    Morning JAY BHow many days did they take to process payments after you have sent them the Credit Card Authorization form. I

Quote Originally Posted by Rustic Camp View Post
    Morning JAY BHow many days did they take to process payments after you have sent them the Credit Card Authorization form. I
    Hi, I did and EFT not the credit card option.
    Made payment 11 Sept
    They acknowledged payment 14 Sept

We also made bookings for Mabua for Aug/Sept 2020 through them. Due to Covid we had to move this to March 2021. Through the whole process the service was a bit erratic - sometimes good and sometimes slow. Right now we have been sent scanned copies of our vouchers, but the hard copies still has not arrived. I'm trying to find out if it has actually been sent, but I'm starting to get slightly nervous as the date comes closer.

This current experience is definitely not up to the same standard as previous years.

Henry

2010 Navara 2.5 D/C 4x4
    2019 VW T-Cross
    Echo 4

Must one have the original vouchers??

My vouchers were sent via gmail.

Toyota D4D Legend 45
    Triton Clubcab 2x4 2.5 DID
    Bushlapa Vlooi 652

You don't need the original vouchers.

We have entered many parks with the vouchers send via e-mail which I printed. I keep the e-mail on my phone anyway and can show that as well.

The whole of Botswana's tourism industry and DWNP seem to know that the SA postal service is of no use.
    Christa
    2018 Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD-6 4x4 AT

BushLapa 78 Now a Boskruier but with the same Zambia and CKGR bush stripes

Quote Originally Posted by Henryv View Post
    We also made bookings for Mabua for Aug/Sept 2020 through them. Due to Covid we had to move this to March 2021. Through the whole process the service was a bit erratic - sometimes good and sometimes slow. Right now we have been sent scanned copies of our vouchers, but the hard copies still has not arrived. I'm trying to find out if it has actually been sent, but I'm starting to get slightly nervous as the date comes closer.

This current experience is definitely not up to the same standard as previous years.
    Eavening Henry. As I want to book for next year I was wondering how your plans for your trip are going. Especially with regard to Footprints and bookings etc.

Our experience with them has been very good. We now have everything for our 3 week trip to CKGR and Okavango in June. Good service no issues.

Cant wait!!!
    Last edited by heyyahhey; 2021/03/05 at 02:10 AM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to heyyahhey For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by heyyahhey View Post
    Our experience with them has been very good. We now have everything for our 3 week trip to CKGR and Okavango in June. Good service no issues.

Cant wait!!!
    Thanks . I take it you recieved all your documents etc. I would like to use them as per usual as in previous years they have been excellent. Just noticed a few negative comments a few months ago. So this is reassuring.

Quote Originally Posted by Khakibush View Post
    Thanks . I take it you recieved all your documents etc. I would like to use them as per usual as in previous years they have been excellent. Just noticed a few negative comments a few months ago. So this is reassuring.

yes, all received in good order. There were some delays in them receiving from DNWP, but they kept following up and got them to us. No issues.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to heyyahhey For This Useful Post:

I got notification from them last week that our vouchers were ready to be couriered, just received an sms from DHL saying it is on its way.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay_B For This Useful Post: