Wupperthal Tra-Tra Route

Default Wupperthal Tra-Tra Route

Hi Guys,

Ive been calling around and cant find any information on the Tra-Tra 4x4 trail near Wupperthal in the Cederberg, but cant find any info.

Does anyone know if its open at the moment and possibly what the state of the trail is?

We are heading into the Cederberg to camp this weekend, and I would like to try it out.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Default Re: Wupperthal Tra-Tra Route

Did the trail Tuesday 22 Sept with Hilux. Trail in good condition and nothing to worry about. Beautiful scenery and wild flowers in veld. Crystal clear water and much to be enjoyed! Allow at least 4 hours one way.

Enjoy

Hi Goldi,

Thank you so much for the info, its much appreciated. I look forward to my weekend even more now.

Is it an open trail, or does one have to get a permit of sorts from somewhere?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Goldi View Post
    Did the trail Tuesday 22 Sept with Hilux. Trail in good condition and nothing to worry about. Beautiful scenery and wild flowers in veld. Crystal clear water and much to be enjoyed! Allow at least 4 hours one way.

Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Amarocky Balboa View Post
    Hi Goldi,

Thank you so much for the info, its much appreciated. I look forward to my weekend even more now.

Is it an open trail, or does one have to get a permit of sorts from somewhere?

Thanks in advance!
    No permit required.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Goldi For This Useful Post:

Just be careful on the descent - it rained heavily last Friday (my wife hiked into Heuningvlei from Pakhuis in pouring rain) and it is raining again today and tomorrow, but looks clear on Saturday and Sunday. The descent can be a bit tricky if wet.
    Tony Weaver

1991 Land Rover 110 Hi-Line S/W 3.5l V8 carburettor
    Cooper Discoverer STT tyres, four sleeper Echo rooftop tent
    2012 Mitsubishi Outlander.

Previously Land Rover 1968 SII, 1969 SIIA, 1973 SIII, 1983 Toyota HiLux 2litre, 2006 Land Rover Freelander TD4 HSE.

Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated.

Hi Guys,

So just and update..

We did the Wupperthal Tra Tra route over the weekend, and its a stunning drive! The views are beautiful and the drive is exciting. The road leading onto the trail from Wupperthal was overflowing, so had to take a little detour to get to the start of the trail, thanks to some friendly local input.

The descent is however no joke! I would definitely not recommend it if you do not have sufficient underbody protection. My door sills took a couple of unavoidable knocks, I was kicking myself for not fitting rock sliders.

Overall a great drive though, and I would definitely do it again. Better prepared, and not alone.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF3649.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	544.5 KB 
ID:	591056   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF3683.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	319.4 KB 
ID:	591057   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF3652.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	382.4 KB 
ID:	591058   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF3681.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	574.9 KB 
ID:	591059  

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Amarocky Balboa For This Useful Post:

That is significantly rougher than I thought it would be.
    2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 CRD Overland - GDE Eco Tune + 2" Lift on 265/70/17 BFG KO2's
    2017 Venter Savuti + Tentco Jnr, Dometic CF50 Fridge + Snomaster Battery Box
    --
    Ex - 2005 Cherokee CRD

Hi Guys,

So just and update..

We did the Wupperthal Tra Tra route over the weekend, and its a stunning drive! The views are beautiful and the drive is exciting. The road leading onto the trail from Wupperthal was overflowing, so had to take a little detour to get to the start of the trail, thanks to some friendly local input.

The descent is however no joke! I would definitely not recommend it if you do not have sufficient underbody protection. My door sills took a couple of unavoidable knocks, I was kicking myself for not fitting rock sliders.

Overall a great drive though, and I would definitely do it again. Better prepared, and not alone.

Thanks for sharing. We did Old postal over the weekend and the Doring River can now be crossed at Elandsvlei. The crossing at Uitspankraal however was just over 1m deep and we had to detour via Botterkloof pass and arrived back at camp quite late.

On the way in from Matjiesvlei to Wupperthal on Friday I was looking at the road which leads to Voelvlei. The turnoff is south off Elandsbank is sign posted. Wondering if anyone knows if this is a public road or not?

Did you have to get a permit to do the Wupperthal trail? Or do you just go?

Thanks
    Johann Groenewald
    Tracks4Africa

www.tracks4africa.co.za
    For friendly support staff, call +27 (0)21 880 8660

Is the Tra Tra route the same as Johnny se Poort? Looks like it.
    We can't change the wind but we can set our sails

Thumbs up Re: Wupperthal Tra-Tra Route

Hi Guys,

So just and update..

Lekker!!!

Thanks for sharing!
    Jeep Grand Cherokke 4.7 V8
    Outback Roof rack
    Draw sytem
    Dual battery with DC-DC
    OME suspension
    Air lift Air suspension - Self installed