Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Default Re: British and Irish Lions 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Landy90fan View Post
    Thanks got it on channel 209
    For those of us that does not have DSTV https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ouu-1SEEEs

Quote Originally Posted by Boesman88 View Post
    ah! I checked again and couldn’t see anything. The Maro/De Allende incident also took place in the same eventful 64th minute
    Name:  IMG_8096.JPG
Views: 232
Size:  140.3 KB

Loved how Itoje fell on the ground after the incident when de Allende shoved him throwing his arms in the air and looking at the AR
    Pieter le Roux

Unbelievable Itoje is not cited

The second movement of his knee back onto the throat was just blatant
    Freelander 2 i6 SE - loveeee iitttttt!
    650 V Strom - my trusty beast
    Honda XR400R - wanna play......
    Vespa - when you just have to be cool 8)
    GT Expert and Giant Anthen MTB's - keeping the tummy in check

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mountainboy1974 For This Useful Post:

There is still another test, justice will be served in the informal platter of the maul .

Quote Originally Posted by mountainboy1974 View Post
    Unbelievable Itoje is not cited

The second movement of his knee back onto the throat was just blatant
    this is especially bad since he’s been such a thorn in the flesh of the Boks the last two matches. :-) Apart from his antics and arrogance at times, he is a remarkable player! Skillful workhorse of note!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boesman88 View Post
    this is especially bad since he’s been such a thorn in the flesh of the Boks the last two matches. :-) Apart from his antics and arrogance at times, he is a remarkable player! Skillful workhorse of note!!
    Yip.
    I think he has been the best player on the field for both tests. A foul and a one game suspension would have been a great boost for our last test chances.

We will win the last test,Gatland did not bring enough players on the plane to stand up to a green and gold tsunami pack next Saturday.
    2017 Hilux 2.4 SRX D/C 4x4 2012 Cross Polo [mamma s'n]

http://travel.webshots.com/album/558867451ncpSPZ

For those that were too young to have been there, read up on the famous 99 call and just try it with a Welsh accent
    There is no task too simple for some people to complicate !

Ford Figo 2016

Quote Originally Posted by duncang View Post
    For those that were too young to have been there, read up on the famous 99 call and just try it with a Welsh accent
    '74 Lions tour.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/99_call?wprov=sfla1

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    We will win the last test,Gatland did not bring enough players on the plane to stand up to a green and gold tsunami pack next Saturday.
    100%.

Our bomb squad exploded this weekend and made mince meat of their scrums.

One scrum in particular stood out to me. I think it was on their 22m line or close.

Once the guys engaged, there was a brief moment of no movement and they were locked, then we got our second shove on and it was over! We completely obliterated their scrum.

I see Duane might feature in the last test...

https://www.news24.com/sport/rugby/b...-test-20210801

My 2 cents,

Lood and Trevor changed the game, I think Trevor is the most valuable player in the Springbok camp at the moment.

Also I think Cheslin should have got a red card, the argument that he was looking at the ball does not hold water, he was never in a position to compete and did not get off the ground, under those circumstances he needs to stop or deviate, otherwise we will just have players running under jumpers but keep looking up.

I also think the "trip" by Duhan was a blatant kick and also should have been red carded.

For me the main point regarding the disrespect is the holier than though by the Brits, Aus and NZ players and media, even if he did it, he must have been provoked or it was by accident because he comes from our society and we don't behave like that. The refs are also programmed the same way, a type of unconscious bias.

The Pumas suffer greatly from this.

The rub of the green argument is nice for those who consistently get the rub.
    4x4 less.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Brian1 For This Useful Post:

Does this guy have shares in the Lions or is it just the way he is
    https://www.news24.com/sport/rugby/b...asmus-20210802
    Robert

'98 Isuzu 280 DT D/C 4x4, home made roof rack
    '09 VW Caddy Maxi TDi
    '06 Citroen C3 1.4HDi8)
    '97 Isuzu 280 S/C plaasbakkie

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Leigh View Post
    There is still another test, justice will be served in the informal platter of the maul .

+1 Ek het erens gehoor Eben donner amper net so hard soos Bakkies.
    "The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read" - Not Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Brian1 View Post
    My 2 cents,

Lood and Trevor changed the game, I think Trevor is the most valuable player in the Springbok camp at the moment.

Also I think Cheslin should have got a red card, the argument that he was looking at the ball does not hold water, he was never in a position to compete and did not get off the ground, under those circumstances he needs to stop or deviate, otherwise we will just have players running under jumpers but keep looking up.

I also think the "trip" by Duhan was a blatant kick and also should have been red carded.

For me the main point regarding the disrespect is the holier than though by the Brits, Aus and NZ players and media, even if he did it, he must have been provoked or it was by accident because he comes from our society and we don't behave like that. The refs are also programmed the same way, a type of unconscious bias.

The Pumas suffer greatly from this.

The rub of the green argument is nice for those who consistently get the rub.

Trevor is a beast no pun intended, hope they keep him at 1 now and see the fact that he can also play 3 simply as a nicety in case of emergency.
    "The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read" - Not Mark Twain

I actually enjoyed the video from Rassie. Just a pity Rassie had to do it. See Gatland now has blown his top about that

It would probably carried more weight if an independent person/ref evaluate the refs performance on each game on those principles, to see if and how biased are the refs. One always get the feeling the Boks are blown much stricter then the opponents.
    Johan Kriel

Quote Originally Posted by Tweeling View Post
    Does this guy have shares in the Lions or is it just the way he is
    https://www.news24.com/sport/rugby/b...asmus-20210802
    As an ex England player and coach (and ex Lions coach), he (and more particularly, the readership he is writing for) is still smarting over England losing the RWC final in 2019. I thought the behaviour of the English team after that game was shocking.

Those criticizing Rassie's actions conveniently forget the terrible decisions we got in that infamous game in 2011.

2015 Suzuki Grand Vitara Summit M/T

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ian.McM For This Useful Post:

All pressure that could be applied have been done, so I guess this week we'll hear absolutely nothing from the Bok team. We've been playing better and better as time went by, so I expect a nice peak / finale this coming Saturday. I'd guess Duane will be in the squad, but his fitness might dictate if in the starting team or on the bench. His inclusion will most certainly have another positive influence on the team.

If I was Nienaber, I'd work on the following:
    - Give the team clear instruction to avoid any fighting, or off-ball incidents, at all cost. I think the Lions will instigate a bit more, to hopefully get some penalties their way.
    - Last Saturday the Lions also lay very flat on the offside line and defended quite well against our stationary forwards getting the ball. Forwards need to have some momentum when receiving the ball from a ruck.
    - Backline ball distribution is a tad slow and, with the opposition being flat on the offside line, immediately puts them under pressure. 1 or 2 short kicks over their heads might make them fall back slightly. The key is to alternate attack style and not do the same thing over and over.
    Disclaimer - All my posts on this forum is without prejudice, is based on my fair assumptions or perceptions, might not be factually correct, is in no way intended to cause harm to anyone and is acted upon at your own discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    All pressure that could be applied have been done, so I guess this week we'll hear absolutely nothing from the Bok team. We've been playing better and better as time went by, so I expect a nice peak / finale this coming Saturday. I'd guess Duane will be in the squad, but his fitness might dictate if in the starting team or on the bench. His inclusion will most certainly have another positive influence on the team.

If I was Nienaber, I'd work on the following:
    - Give the team clear instruction to avoid any fighting, or off-ball incidents, at all cost. I think the Lions will instigate a bit more, to hopefully get some penalties their way.
    - Last Saturday the Lions also lay very flat on the offside line and defended quite well against our stationary forwards getting the ball. Forwards need to have some momentum when receiving the ball from a ruck.
    - Backline ball distribution is a tad slow and, with the opposition being flat on the offside line, immediately puts them under pressure. 1 or 2 short kicks over their heads might make them fall back slightly. The key is to alternate attack style and not do the same thing over and over.
    Pollard has forgotten how to distribute, which is really sad. Where's the days of 10 taking second phase ball flattish, skip 1 and having an Andre Joubert running off the shoulder of 13...

Quote Originally Posted by Jakkals. View Post
    Pollard has forgotten how to distribute, which is really sad. Where's the days of 10 taking second phase ball flattish, skip 1 and having an Andre Joubert running off the shoulder of 13...
    Our backline are used for crash balls too much (fair enough, half of the scrum is in the backline). They should start focusing on quick ball movement, creating gaps and popping up to the likes of Willie and Cheslin into those gaps.
    Last edited by George; 2021/08/02 at 01:00 PM.
    Disclaimer - All my posts on this forum is without prejudice, is based on my fair assumptions or perceptions, might not be factually correct, is in no way intended to cause harm to anyone and is acted upon at your own discretion.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to George For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Our backline are used for crash balls too much (fair enough, half of the scrum is in the backline). They should start focusing on quick ball movement, creating gaps and popping up to the likes of Willie and Cheslin into those gaps.

Agree, Pollard actually had a very good game and showed good control.
    But where are the days where the fly half is actually first receiver and the center second receiver, a lot of the time Pollard gets skipped for a forward.
    Nothing wrong with that and the crash ball actually works, but mix it up from time to time and see what happens.

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast